Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is your definition of love?

Feather Scribbles

Love? Exactly what kind of love are we referring to? There's a big difference between "I love this game!" and "I love this person!" for instance. But I'll just assume you mean love when referring to other people, or possibly pets/animals as well, and not just objects.

I'd say love is whenever you care for the happiness and well-being of another to a certain degree, possibly more so than your own happiness and well-being at times, though hopefully not to the exclusion of your own entirely. Exactly what that entails can differ heavily from person to person, as people have plenty of different ways of feeling and showing love. You can love people in many different ways, from many different relationships. You can love your significant other, your children, your parents, your extended family, your siblings, your platonic friends, and I'd say none of these loves are specifically anymore important or meaningful or stronger than any other, it differs from person to person.

At least, that's what I think of it, I'm struggling to put this all into words, and I think you can't ever fully "Define" love because it will mean a lot of different things to a lot of different people.

• Brohoof 4

I won't say "I love you," even to my family.  I rather do the walk then the talk.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, gamecubeguy214 said:

Love is an intense positive emotion that is caused by the presence or thought of a certain noun.

Chocolate? Pistachios?

On 10/23/2017 at 4:57 PM, Feather Scribbles said:

Do you believe in love?

I do. Romantic love, familial love, platonic love, and associative love. It's hard to define, and sometimes harder to experience. I've been married (I am a widower), I am a father, I have some amazing friends and family, and many hobbies that I adore. 

Love is a thing you experience if circumstances align with experience and personalities. 

• Brohoof 2

I myself will likely never wed, but I do believe in the definition of love mentioned by a goofy, yet wise talking snowman "Love is putting someone else's needs before your own." 

My definition of love: When you stick by your family and friends, even when times are tough. Relationship love: It's all about trust. You can't hope to find love with anyone without earrning each other's trust first.

Love is patient,  kind , gental, faithful, joyful , and self control over words and actions. Love is when your willing to serve another person before you serve your self. Love is caring and showing kindness  to someone even if they don't deserve it or show you love in return

• Brohoof 1

Love is liking someone to the point in which you are willing to hurt yourself for their sake. 

Of course that definitions isn't exactly limited to romantic love. 

In my opinion,

Love is devoting yourself to the subject of your love. And I don't mean it necessarily in a straightforward way. 

You might be strict with kids because they don't know any better. You might be hard on your spouse because you want them to achieve success and accomplishment.

Love isn't just giving the subject of your love what they want, it's giving them what they need. You want what's best for them, and you're trying to help them have it.

• Brohoof 1

Yes I believe in love.

What is love? (baby don't hurt me)

Love is a complex concept, but also simplistic at the same time. One experiences love when they put someone else's feelings before their own. Sometimes, it is doing what is best for someone, despite what they might think of it. Tough love if you will. Love is when someone is impulsively attracted to someone or something. It is the feeling of comfort and trust and loyalty towards someone or something.

Edited by SoberStarlight
  • Brohoof 1

"She told me that love is when a person introduces you to yourself for the first time." 

Van Booy

I want to add a few literary lines of romantic love that encapsulate the experience better that the musings of my own limited authorship. 

"'Maybe you'll fall in love with me all over again.' 

'Hell,' I said, 'I love you enough now. What do you want to do? Ruin me?'

'Yes. I want to ruin you.'

'Good,' I said. 'That's what I want too.'"

Hemingway

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once."

Green

"Whatever our souls are made out of, his and mine are the same. ... If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be. And if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger." 

Bronte

Somewhere in these lines  ... lies something resembling what love is and how it feels. 

A positive emotion that can be shown in all different spectrums.

One such spectrum can be a fandom towards a certain type of media or subject (such as "Boy, do I sure love Overwatch!" or "I love MLP!"). It's more of a way of saying you follow something immensely, that it takes up a good amount of your time. That I call "fandom love". It's not necessarily the way of what normally people think of "love", but I think it counts. I think it could also count by saying you love to do something (such as "I love to do math!", even though personally I hate doing math LOL).

Then there's the typical definition of love, showing affection to someone in several different ways, like you think of them as more than a friend or like a friend. Like, I could say I love my pets because they're like friends to me. That's the typical way of saying love.

I don't know if I believe i  Live, but I've never experienced it. Even when I was in a relationship I've never feel Love, don't get me wrong I liked the person really really much ! But was I in love ? No ...probably why all my realationship didn't last more than a year...

I can't give you a definition, but if you have one, I'm taking it ^^ !

17 minutes ago, Trotteur Sauvage said:

I don't know if I believe i  Live, but I've never experienced it. Even when I was in a relationship I've never feel Love, don't get me wrong I liked the person really really much ! But was I in love ? No ...

I think loving someone and being in love with someone are two very different things imo. i think it can be so much harder to fall in love with someone. 

but yes, i do believe in love, platonic, romantic, family-wise, etc. i think it can be either a really great feeling or it can be terrible, depending on the circumstance.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I think that love is something that can be extended and should be extended beyond the physical world and I think that it is one key that is needed for you to become one with yourself and everyone else around you and that way ascend forward

note by becoming one I don't mean physically or spiritually I mean as a whole yet still stay separate 

• 1 year later...
On 3/3/2018 at 1:08 AM, Comix Strike said:

I think there are different types of love, like friendship, romantic love, and familial love. But it's all basically when you feel continued happiness when being around something. :squee:

This is pretty much it. ^ 

• Brohoof 1

There are different types of love such as romantic love towards someone you're in love with and non-romantic love towards people you care about such as family and friends. I'd kind of mostly define love as unconditionally caring about other people around you and looking out for their well being.

Edited by Rainbow Cloud
  • Brohoof 1

I have two definitions of Love

1. The one you have with your family I would define as:  "Is one that simply exists because, it needs no explanation, is just there" I call this the "Agape" love

2. The one that you refer as the "eros" that means relationships and girls/boys (depending what are you into) I would call it "so damn hard to get, and so easy to loose"