Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Dora the Explorer movie coming from Michael Bay

Whirlwindmark

To be fair, it looks like a decent family movie. Almost like a kid's version of National Treasure. I might give it a watch for giggles, just to see how it ends up. It really does not look all that bad. Could be kinda fun.

• Brohoof 3

3 minutes ago, The Historian said:

To be fair, it looks like a decent family movie. Almost like a kid's version of National Treasure. I might give it a watch for giggles, just to see how it ends up. It really does not look all that bad. Could be kinda fun.

Basically yeah. It’s still a bit odd to hear the phrase Dora and knife in the same sentence and not have it be some stupid edgy parody.  

• Brohoof 2

• 5 weeks later...

Before Mlp came out Dora the Explorer was my favorite show. Now it’s my second favorite show I just love everything about it the songs the lessons. The education everything. And I can’t wait for the movie to come out  it’s gonna be awesome.  Hopefully with this movie coming out Dora will return to main nick soon for reruns. So other Kids can enjoy watching it like I did as a kid. 

Edited by Fluttertastic 16
  • Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...

Not gonna lie. If they take any preschool program and turn it into a live action movie directed by Bay, I’ll watch it for the memes alone. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...
(edited)

This is actually real? I thought the Dora movie trailer was a parody or a fan made thing that won't actually have a real movie attached

I did see a clip about getting into the temple with shapes and a guy losing both his arms in the escape where it seemed to be a parody, but it might actually be real since the actors looked the same. Or it was a very convincing parody

Is this already out? If it's not there's people out there who have been spoiled and are making videos about it that look convincing

Edited by Lektra Bolt

nope not seeing that movie at all!

5 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

This is actually real? I thought the Dora movie trailer was a parody or a fan made thing that won't actually have a real movie attached

I did see a clip about getting into the temple with shapes and a guy losing both his arms in the escape where it seemed to be a parody, but it might actually be real since the actors looked the same. Or it was a very convincing parody

Is this already out? If it's not there's people out there who have been spoiled and are making videos about it that look convincing

its real dude very real.

On 5/7/2019 at 12:12 AM, Prospekt said:

This movie needs a version of Swiper or I'm not watching ;)

Oh don’t worry, there will be. :) 

• Brohoof 1

omg of course it's from michael bay, I should have been able to figure that out judging by the trailer

Looks like the Jumanji remake but worse.

• 4 weeks later...

This is honestly one of the best movies I've seen this year, and I've watched Aladdin, Lion King, Toy Story 4, Shaw and Hobbs, X-men: Dark Phoenix, and several more.

Isabela Moner is a great actress, and I loved every single one of the characters in the movie. A lot of nice call-backs to the series, as well as nostalgic references to several other popular films.

Okay, I may be biased because I grew up with Dora, but I recommend it if you're looking for some happy, light-hearted, family movie. Despite being based on a Nick Jr. TV series, the movie is actually designed to be entertaining to viewers of all ages. The movie doesn't take itself seriously, and the story is by no means a masterpiece, but if you watch it with an open mind, you may be pleasantly surprised by how much the movie achieved what it was aiming to accomplish. 

On 10/24/2017 at 8:18 AM, PathfinderCS said:

This is...interesting. Could Michael Bay be trying for a new direction in his career? Still...I will admit I am VERY interested in how this will turn out.

Who knows? Dora by Michael Bay could very well be Indiana Jones/Lara Croft with BAYsplosions! :D

Minus Bay and his explosions, you were right! Dora is much like Lara Croft in the movie. ^_^ 

Honestly might not be that bad. Kind of a young girl Indiana Jones.

Sure, the show was for very young kids, like under five, but I guess those kids are entering their 20s now and movie studios are trying to cash in on nostalgia younger and younger.

Guess I'll eventually see it on video just out of curiosity,.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...

I rented this movie. Man, it was weird!

They really couldn't decide if they were trying to go for a Tomb Raider/Indiana Jones kind of movie or a kiddie movie. They were real people looking for the lost city of gold but there was a computer animated anthropomorphic fox for no reason. There was a lot of weird humor and references to the show and at one point they got high and turned into the animated characters.

It was worth watching just because it was so weird. :laugh: