Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How long would you stay in Equestria for if you could?

Feather Scribbles

Imagine you happened upon a magical mirror - a portal, actually - that could take you to Equestria. However, upon discovering (somehow) that once you enter Equestria, and if you leave again, you can never return. You decide to go through the portal, knowing this will be your first and final trip to Equestria. The question is... how long would you stay? (Assuming that when you returned to your own dimension, you would have physically aged very little, if at all.)

Here's another question... Imagine instead of being able to travel to Equestria through the "mirror portal" just the once... and staying there for as long as you want, imagine a similar scenario, but in which you only get to spend just one day in Equestria. In that one day, what would you do?

• Brohoof 1

I'm perfectly fine with leaving behind everything, and everyone to live a world better suited for me. As I've said before in similar threads, very little would keep me bound to this world if I could leave for Equestia.

As for your second question, I'd probably spend my day in Ponyville, befriending the townsfolk, and answering questions about my kind before I have to return home.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 minutes ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

I'm perfectly fine with leaving behind everything, and everyone to live a world better suited for me. As I've said before in similar threads, very little would keep me bound to this world if I could leave for Equestia.

As for your second question, I'd probably spend my day in Ponyville, befriending the townsfolk, and answering questions about my kind before I have to return home.

I can relate to you there. Only a couple of really cool people who I am trying to be friends with (and they are trying, too... but then comes depression knocking at the door) would maybe keep me from entering the portal and never returning.

My day would probably be very similar... Although I wouldn't be against randomly bumping into Fluttershy or Pinkie Pie. cx

Edited by Feather Scribbles
  • Brohoof 1

As much as equestria is all nice and pretty (heck, they even have ponies that can fly and use magic!) I just would immediately leave. Equestria (combined with the fact its been almost taken over or destroyed maybe 5,6,7 poissibly 8 times) just simply lacks modern convinces I enjoy. (I love my rock music, fight me).

All I would want would be to take my boyfriend with me and I would stay forever. With him, in the glorious land of Equestria where friendship is the key value, it would be perfection. On the first day of that, I would spend it with my boyfriend, seeing all of the new sights, meeting all sorts of new friends and then going somewhere to eat to finish the day. My simple enjoyments shine through. Would have to get used to the pony diet though. :P 

I am too human for a magical cartoon land where friendship rules more than currency. :maud: My presence there would most likely consist of entering, snatching all the powerful artifacts my backpack can carry and then bolting back to the portal before I get my behind jolted by a well aimed magic blast. It would take...perhaps a week or so? On the contrary, I would be spending the rest of my life there if they manage to 5-0 me.

And to answer your second question, I'd just pack a bottle of Gatorade since I would have some running to do. 

I would stay here forever, life seem pretty legit there than being here. No way I'm gonna leave this Utopia-like place!

If I could go to Equestria,I would in a heartbeat,I'd honestly stay for awhile,especially if I changed into a pony upon getting there,and most likely end up befriending the Mane Six,I mean,admit it,who wouldn't wanna be friends with them?

• Brohoof 1

Living with earth people kinda sucks, but by extension I would devote an eternity there expressly to make sure nobody else came through after me. Humans can stay in their hell dimension.

I'm probably too introverted to enjoy much of a single day doing anything special in a magical land. Just enjoy the sights, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Spondonical said:

if i went to Equestria i'd take as many gems as i could then come back to earth to sell them!

Do you really want to steal from the ponies ? I think friendship is worth more than that !

If time passed in the real world as you spent time in Equestria, then it would have to be either an all or nothing decision. Equestria is wonderful, but I'd have to know what my life would be like there before I went and I don't think that's possible. I think what I'd do is take as much time off work as I possibly can at one time and spend it all in Equestria deciding if it's worth leaving my life and the people that depend on me behind.

I know I would end up missing my family and friends. They would be difficult to leave behind. But I think I would spend a year in Equestria just to see if I end up enjoying it. If so, I guess I would just continue to stay. Even though Equestria can get dangerous, with magical villains causing extreme mayhem from time to time, the residents of Equestria are far less likely to let conflicts escalate into wars and animosity. I'd like to think I would feel at home in such a utopia.