Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FlareGun45

So if you check out this link you can see that the Hasbro CEO said that the team would wanna know what the 2nd movie looks like, which means there COULD be another movie coming up.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/10/possible-2nd-my-little-pony-movie-on-way.html

I'm not sure how I feel about that. While the movie was amazing itself, the main series had to take on limitations because of the movie. Arcs need to be completed on the show. Although if this movie were a series finale which leads to a new gen of pony, I can live with that, but what do ya think of this, brahs?

• Brohoof 2

Well, how many limitations did the main series really take on during the movie's production? The CMC's got their Cutie marks, Starlight reformed and joined the cast, Rarity and Rainbow both advanced in their careers, etc. Plenty of changes occurred in the series that didn't necessarily effect the movie much, I think people might just be expecting the show to drastically change more than it was meant to. Sure, there were probably some limitations but I think people over exaggerate that part.

Anyway, really liked the first movie, would love a second one, hope there's more Tempest.

• Brohoof 3

I was hoping to hear something like this. Yeah, it's not a 100% confirmation, but it at least gives me hope. The movie was great fun, but it would've been a shame had it been the only movie.

Man, FiM just keep chugging along and I want to stay on this train! :D

• Brohoof 2

I'm actually curious if the staff have ever mentioned limitations imposed by the movie. I know fans, including myself, have speculated about this, but don't recall any validation 

I'd be cool with a movie as a series finale/ transition or anything else really. Personally don't see much reason for them to subject themselves with trying to fit it into the ongoing timeline. I'd just as well like to see something that would have happened in the past seasons. Wouldn't be subject to as many concerns of continuity then

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:

Maybe the movie can focus on the princesses Celestia and Luna, those two on an epic adventure,

Or at least in a non-Worfing role this time.

We've seen that accomplished before, after all.

Just now, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

Or at least in a non-Worfing role this time.

We've seen that accomplished before, after all.

Yeah, I mean a full on movie where we see Twilight and crew at the beginning, but the central plot is about Celestia and Luna finding going on a quest, in it, the villain will reveal himself later on as their brother. Cosmos.

It would give the fans something they want to see and can have strong messages of sisterhood and the love between siblings (bank on Frozen)

33 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Yeah, I mean a full on movie where we see Twilight and crew at the beginning, but the central plot is about Celestia and Luna finding going on a quest, in it, the villain will reveal himself later on as their brother. Cosmos.

It would give the fans something they want to see and can have strong messages of sisterhood and the love between siblings (bank on Frozen)

I would like a prequel with the young princesses with their first battle against evil

2 hours ago, Hierok said:

I hope this movie will be longer, so it can fit all development this time. :twi:

and to add..an actual battle scene(s):smug:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Hierok said:

I agree. The Storm King didn't seem like a big threat to me during the movie. 

agreed, I mean twilight is pretty useless now that she lost her power. But they could at least have tempest do the butt-kicking for her xp. she did want up against Storm King for about 5 second so why not 5 mins? :pinkie:

and this..?

twilight_vs_tempest_by_happyshorty-dbq6ydb.jpg

I thought this was going to be in the movie, boy was I wrong.

• Brohoof 3

Well, I understand  it's a common practice to talk about sequels immediately after ending productions :huh:, but I won't hold my breath until an official announcement of it's production is made. Though they seem to be happy with the results of the pony movie, so there's hope for said sequel to come

If they do go ahead with another movie, they should wait maybe a year or two before releasing one so that they can iron out all of the wrinkles that plagued the first one.

17 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Well then...looks like the movie wasn't as massive of a flop as people thought.

Actually most people I see who think its a flop are not paying much attention or simply don't know much about the Industry.

(First Up: I work IN THE INDUSTRY, but I'm not a animator, I work for a "Major mouse based Company.") But in the Engineering area. But I'm pretty familiar with the movie making part also. And this movie is by no means a flop.

Point One: Budget. Anyone (I'm looking at 4/chan) Who tells you this movie cost 60 million of something silly like that. Is just stupid. I would be shocked if it cost more then 15 and 5-8 million is actually a better bet. The "Animation" was done with Toon Boom harmony, Which while you can do animation with it, its not like doing it back in the 90's. Its must less time consuming now. (Because your doing it on computer and then can move it around some) Its not totally unlike flash. Its just NOT flash.

They also didn't actually hire anyone extra for the animation. It was done mainly with there in house animators. Many of who most likely are on Salary. (Thus did get paid more for it, but not as much as a outside studio) The voice acting is voice acting. Yes there are some big names. But you would be stunned how little you can get voice acting done for. Emily Blunt most likely didn't make much more money for it then Tara did.

Point Two: Box Office. The Movie will most likely actually run up to about 50 million. Even it the movie did cost 15ish million. That's still golden returns. (Movie theaters consider making three times the budget good returns)

Point Three: OTHER PROFIT. This one is important. Hasbro basically started going into the release that they would be OK with the movie not actually making a profit in the box office. They have also said that they are VERY happy with how it has done. - But the real thing is that they are a Toy Company... They make there money in other places.

DVD's.

Streaming.

Merchandising from the movie itself.

A increase in the actually toy sales of the line. (Which the FiM Toys are doing very well! .. Eq Not so much)

Simply put. Its almost impossible to lose money on a Franchise movie in the long run.

-

End: Simply put. This movie has done very well.

If they see a uptick in the sales of toys that last for any real amount of time. They might make another movie. They may also just start doing Strait to DVD movies every so often. Ether in flash or in Animation.

-

The Movie most likely cost about as much as a season of the show to be honest.

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/24/2017 at 5:56 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

If they do go ahead with another movie, they should wait maybe a year or two before releasing one so that they can iron out all of the wrinkles that plagued the first one.

I got one that they should be iron out: have Starlight (and probably sunset) help the mane 6 in the sequel!

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Cahead2015 said:

I got one that they should be iron out: have Starlight (and probably sunset) help the mane 6 in the sequel!

What I was thinking when it came to fixing some of the problems the movie had were fixing the pace problems and giving the main villain more screen time. But, I like your idea a lot and would love to see it happen.

If  they make a sequel, I really think there needs to be more focus on less characters. Most characters in the movie except maybe Tempest felt very shallow and under-developed and not very interesting as a result. :)

I think the most fundamental mistake the movie made story-wise was keeping the Mane 6 + Spike together for nearly the entirety of the film. With seven characters all in the same place with the same goal for nearly the entire time, it's impossible to develop them all so they feel essential. I've never known a movie that has actually achieved that. They should've been split up into at least two groups on parallel adventures, then brought back together for the third act/climax. That way it wouldn't have felt as much like the Twilight show and the script would've been forced to shift its focus to other characters' interplay.  

If there is going to be a sequel, I imagine it'll probably be announced by next year's SDCC. Hopefully they acknowledge that they can do better and are willing to take a risk on another theatrical release.

Edited by n1029