Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Anyone else hate Rarity?

Whirlwindmark

Just now, Babyyoshi309 said:

Yeah, a lot of people hate Rarity. That is why they did that in the episode. "Fame and Misfortune" was a commentary on the fandom. I know that all of my irl friends despise Rarity.

Well there words on her were true.

She's never been my favorite pony, but I think the writers have done a pretty good job keeping her from getting too obnoxious post-Sonic Rainboom. Her melodramatic streaks are always good for a few laughs and sometimes her relatively mature presence is welcomed in a narrative.

• Brohoof 2

The only point I agree on is that she sometimes uses Spike's crush to get what she wants. Otherwise, I love Rarity, she's my second favorite MLP character. I enjoy her drama queen moments. Similar to the other characters' diverse personalities, she is not the stereotypical fashionable girl seen in a lot of other cartoons, but a smart and successful pony. At times, I can even see a bit of myself in her – I'm the last person to care about fashion, but I share her aversion to dirt. Last but definitely not least, Tabitha St. Germain's performance as her is perfect!

There are very few characters I hate in MLP. Prince Blueblood and Principal Cinch (from Equestria Girls) are the only ones that I really can't stand, though Zephyr Breeze and Rumble were annoying, as well. And I'm sure I could tolerate most of those if they reappeared in a more positive light (which has happened with Gilda and to an extent Spoiled Rich).

• Brohoof 1

26 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Rarity is amazing. I love her. She inspires me to love what I do, and work hard for success.

THats sad.

9 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I like her, probably my second favourite of the mane 6 after Fluttershy.

Wow.

17 minutes ago, Nerdy Luigi said:

Honestly, people like the OP are really, really obnoxious.

Nerdy, you are too cute

Ah, I remember these threads.

They always ended the same way, poorly.

Look bucko, people have different opinions on her and that's okay. I personally love her, she's my second favorite pony after Twilight.

Rarity haters are fucking annoying.

• Brohoof 10

I don't know why anyone would dislike Rarity :/

Rarity has the most consistently good slice of life episodes.

Personally I often find Fluttershy boring, sorry flutterfans.

• Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Firedog said:

I don't know why anyone would dislike Rarity :/

Rarity has the most consistently good slice of life episodes.

Personally I often find Fluttershy boring, sorry flutterfans.

Yeah, when I first started the show, Fluttershy was my favorite. Now I am just bored of her and she is my least favorite. :okiedokieloki:

• Brohoof 2

Something Something Fabulous Side!

Also ... inb4 Ghostie

:D:D:please: :confused: :D :D

All joking aside a quick search here will yield the following. 

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3 

Example 4

Example 5

Example 6

Example 7

That should answer the question nicely.

The existence of this thread has shown me that I may go ahead and create a master post for these types of topics. As I have said time and again, when you start a topic with the question phased like, "I'm I the only one ... ?"  It has an obvious answer. Of course not!

The way this question is phrased can also only have one of two answers. The first being the obvious and elementary affirmative, discovered with the most basic of due diligence as I illustrated above. I was going to put a 'Let me Google that for you gif', but that would come across as a tad overkill. I digress though. 

Thesecond response is usually dependant on the motivation of the person who is asking the question if someone likes something almost nobody does, or hates something almost nobody does. The psychology behind that question is so pedestrian that I won't bother wasting your time or mine. Basically ... of course others hate Rarity. If there is a thing, is a a hater of said thing. Shit, I dismissed the character long before I found value in her. I don't hate characters though. They don't exist. I save my negative emotions, what little I express, for things that are actually worth meaningful scorn. A pony doesn't qualify. At least for me. 

Now, I've spent years elucidating on why I favor Pearl Pone above all others on this show. This time I will invoke the erstwhile #1 Rarity fan from days gone by. I stall call upon Ghost. He included a counter point to the Spike abuse criticism in his blog. 

Who ya gonna call?

I do think I should point out that even though I routinely poke fun at character hate with tongue and cheek comments and personal opinions on how I view the character ... I actually am fine when someone dislikes any character. Hell, I actually married someone who despised Star Wars and that is my favorite property. Hate away. 

I do think it's time for the Church of Rarity to be reborn though. For I have received a vision from Lady Rarity and she called unto me ... 

And I tell you that you are Jeric, and on this forum I will build my church, and the gates of Tartarus will not overcome it, Darling.

Yes. It's coming back. Be afraid ... be very afraid. The giant enemy crabs are coming. Have you given your heart over to fabulosity? 

277866__safe_rarity_monochrome_grayscale

• Brohoof 8

All of the mane 6, including Rarity are pretty amazing in their own right. Sure there's times when each of them fell from grace at times but to hate on one specifically is a bit too far because nopony is perfect. 

Edited by Star Mist
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Star Mist said:

All of the mane 5, including Rarity are pretty amazing in their own right. Sure there's times when each of them fell from grace at times but to hate on one specifically is a bit too far because nopony is perfect. 

Mane 5? Did you mean 6?

I can't really think of any characters worthy of hate.  Even the ones we're supposed to dislike are good characters in their own way.  The exception might be EQG1 Flash Sentry, but since then they've learned a lot, and I'm interested in where they might take his character.

Just now, Babyyoshi309 said:

Mane 5? Did you mean 6?

All the FlutterDash shipping got out of hand so they fused into one character ala Stephen Universe. It's a leaked Season 8 episode. 

• Brohoof 8