Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler MLP Movie References

Katze

Did anyone catch any references in the 2017 movie?

The few I caught were:

• Transformers sound when Grubber's megaphone unfolded.
  • Hungry hungry hippos.
  • And the dial-up sound during Tempest's spell call.
    (Joke image I made.)
    Spoiler

AOL.thumb.jpg.047e8d6876771c29d90eeddf70977c6e.jpg

Are there any I missed?
    And did any of them get a laugh out of you?

• Brohoof 2

When Pinks defeated a storm creature with cupcakes: the frosting being gag blood, he acting like being gunned by an actual sub-machine gun, and Pinks' crazed look.... can't help but think of Cupcakes :D

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Steve Piranha said:

When Pinks defeated a storm creature with cupcakes: the frosting being gag blood, he acting like being gunned by an actual sub-machine gun, and Pinks' crazed look.... can't help but think of Cupcakes :D

Yeah, and did you catch the sound shift in her voice when she was laughing just before the camera cut away?
The stuff of nightmares.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Oleks said:

These guys resemble the duo from Pulp Fiction

Which is rather inaccurate because the wallet cutie mark is blank and it doesn't say the iconic "Bad motherfucker"..... plus that pony didn't say motherfucker even once :D

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Which is rather inaccurate because the wallet cutie mark is blank and it doesn't say the iconic "Bad motherfucker"..... plus that pony didn't say motherfucker even once :D

Plus they were redundant, because we already have these two.

• Brohoof 2

Adult references:  The part when Capper told one of the fish guy that his body parts will fall off  and the fish guy was covering his crotch.  

And the part when someone shouted "I want a picture of your sister!" hah,  typical xp

• Brohoof 1

I don't remember what happened exactly, but sometime at the beginning I'm almost positive Pinkie makes a reference to easy-bake ovens (which is also another Hasbro property). I'm surprised no one else has really noticed this one. I grew up with a sister who used to have one of those... Haha.

• Brohoof 1

On 10/25/2017 at 5:58 PM, TBD said:

Adult references:  The part when Capper told one of the fish guy that his body parts will fall off  and the fish guy was covering his crotch.  

And the part when someone shouted "I want a picture of your sister!" hah,  typical xp

Well, glad I'm not the only one who thinks Maud is one of the hottest mares around :bedeyes: 

• Brohoof 1

I'd be surprised if the Tempest/Grubber quote wasn't a reference to Pretty Woman just like they used multiple characters to do "Hungry Hungry Hippos".

When Tempest found them at Capper's place she said "Trusting friends? Big mistake. Big." and Grubber finished with "Huge!" just like the iconic scene in PW when she went back to the clothing store and said "You guys work on commission, right? Big mistake. Big. Huge!"

Also, "Lions, Tigers, and Bears, Oh My!"

• Brohoof 1

•  I'm sure I've seen an aerial shot from one war-film / game of a flamethrower similar to the scene with Capper using Spike to burn the storm (apes? Bipedal wolves?)
  • The crowd that (shortly before Capper steps in to help) seems determined to collect the colorful ponies. 
Edited by Once In A Blue Moon
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Just finished watching the movie for the fourth time. Since it's rented, had a chance to analyze each scene, and I'm surprised no one else seemingly noticed this:

20180113_222718.thumb.jpg.ff46841f1a21ed774402c60e479eed44.jpg

Yeah, it may be harder to notice due to the quality, but: isn't that Ash Ketchum's first cap, with SK's symbol instead of the green triangle? Hell, even asked my brother "You notice this?" (Yes, that vaguely), and he flat out answered Ash's cap :D

• Brohoof 2

Nyanta san from Log Horizon

latest?cb=20170809153923

and Capper Dapperpaws from MLP

latest?cb=20171014193123

My life is now complete and I can die happy

Edited by Rebellious Rainbow
  • Brohoof 1