Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What is the dumbest way you have ever injured yourself?

Reecejackox

Once I sliced my finger quite effectively when I was taking an empty can of soda apart with a carpet knife. For some reason I had no idea that the edges of the hole I made on the can would be so sharp.

Split my knee open when i fell going up a flight of stairs. Left area, two open woulnds, below the kneecap where the knee and the lower part of the leg meet. It sucked, ow.

- injured myself in a game of kickball. I leaped trying to get to third base before the ball did and landed ankle first on the base leading me to be on crutches for like a month.

- had to be in an ankle cast after I was running down the stairs at a movie theater and jumped leading me to land awkwardly on my ankle.

- when I was younger I had to get stitches in my hand after drying off  a sharp knife......with a paper towel

I cut my finger with a plastic spoon once.

The most embarrassing way was me just jumping around being annoying as a kid and then tripping in a hole.  Sprained my ankle really bad and had to miss our camping trip.

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped a frozen turkey on my foot. I wasn't wearing shoes (just socks) and it really hurt. No permanent injuries but I got so mad that I kicked the turkey and stubbed my toe. So it definitely goes into the stupid injury hall of fame for me. :derp:

• Brohoof 1

When I was 6 or 7, I placed my finger inside a hole on a chair. I immediately pulled it off. The skin got pulled off. Also, when I was 8, I was holding something on a door, when a strong wind happened, my finger lost a lot of skin. Like muscles can be seen probably.

I use to have one of those electric tennis racket things you'd use to swat at wasps/mosquito with..I was showing my cousin it when I thought I had  taken out the batteries and ended up getting myself a jolt.

• Brohoof 1

I was in a hurry once and so I rushed quickly into the car. And then I cut myself in the leg with the rim of the garbage can we put in the car, the scar is still there and it has been 3 years now. That garbage can is very small and made of plastic, I remind you. 

Edited by Wannabrony

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

How do i say this without sounding insane? well i cut my self with a knife, i wasn't trying to kill myself or anything, i have no idea why i did it though so this is probably the dumbest thing i've ever done.

I once sprained my arm during middle school. It was around the time for everyone to leave and go home for the day. I was on the bus and I was balancing my arms on the seats. My right arm slipped and I lost my balance, which caused me to fall to the ground. I had my book bag at the time and it was full of heavy books, so the weight of the book bag landed on my right arm. My arm was hurting me, but it didn't feel broken. After a few hours, my arm was in a lot of pain. My parents were guessing I sprained it and told me that my arm will be better soon. 

(edited)

When i was in middle school, i was running late for my bus and,i quickly ran out the door. I ended up slamming the door and, ended up smashing my middle finger in between the frame. I was in unbearable pain for the whole day. I question myself to this day, why the heck did i go to school? I guess that i was in so much pain that i wasn't thinking but, still... My nail ended up falling off later on. It was gross growing it back and, it took ages.

Edited by Mystic Brush

Falling while getting into a Peterbilt truck, when you dont use 3 points of contact and slip on the 2nd step because you are rushing so you jump up the steps, then when you slip your face hits the seat and you fall onto the ground on your back.....yeah, best part is it was on camera and I went in the next day and my boss showed me and didnt say anything.

I've had quite a few instances of this but perhaps the worst one I remember was when I tried jumping over a fence in my bid to follow in the footsteps of my older brother and sister back when we were much younger. Unfortunately, I tripped and slammed my face into the ground, resulting in my losing my middle baby teeth. Thinking back on it now, I knew that I shouldn't have attempted it but I wanted to be included as they often distanced themselves from me on account of how I was different.

I am hugely 'accident' prone. I have sliced my leg open with a boxcutter trying to cut some paper or fabric at ~13, skinned my knee and wrist badly trying to make an impossibly rapid 90 degree turn on a scooter also at ~13, broken my leg jumping off a bed when I was ~5, broken my toe on a brick hearth running into the kitchen for the last onion ring at ~19-20 (worth it, btw) and sliced the end of my finger off rummaging through a bag I had left an uncovered razor down in for some reason a few months ago, but probably the crown jewel was when I irreversibly shattered the end of a front tooth biting down hard on a spoon whilst eating mostly melted ice cream. Why on earth I did that, I have no idea. That wasn't when I was a naive and dumb kid, I was 20 or 21 when that happened.

I got bumped in the head by a Labrador retriever when I was a kid. i was playing fetch with her in the house and sitting on the floor. She ran right into my head, leaving a bruise that took awhile to heal (dogs have VERY thick skulls, or at least she did), and shoved my glasses back and the nose comfort things skinned the sides of the bridge of my nose.

Another time I was running around with one of our Basset hounds in the backyard (which was fenced in so the dogs didn't run off) and I wasn't paying entirely attention to where i was going and where she was going. I tripped over her (they are long and very short dogs). Landed in soft grass luckily, but I lost my glasses and nearly broke them when I landed on them. The got bent up pretty bad, but they were flexible frames so I was able to fix them.

• Brohoof 1