Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Familiar villain returning in season 8!

FlareGun45

7 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Heh, or Crysallis could feed off his love for power and blast him into nothingness. Having a villain destroy a villain is always a good way to side step the moral qualms. Plus, it would be a interesting way to turn the expected betrayal on it's head. 

Heh, If Chrysalis actually destroys Tirek like a badass, i will forgive her right away lol.:love:

• Brohoof 3

15 hours ago, Twilight Witch said:

A fight between Tirek and Chrysalis would be interesting. Mane 6 watching, wondering what side to take...The lesser of the 2 evils... maybe Tirek drains her magic, and the mane 6 save her life, or something.

And then Chrysalis gets confused and asks them why they're saving her, after everything she did to them.

This sounds amazing, but I wouldn't be too hasty about him teaming up with Chrysalis. She's in the season premiere from what we know so far, and we still don't know if she'll be defeated or not. Yes, it's a great idea (and smacks of Big Jim's hopes to have some chemistry between any of the show's villains, judging by the pre-season 6 interview) but not a certain one yet.

Either way, this is a neat opportunity to actually give some more detailed backstory and motivations for Tirek. His presence in 'Twilight's Kingdom' was awesome and he was threatening all right, but his motivations felt a little 'thin'/weren't explored that much, which I feel could have lent more weight to Tirek's presence and anger towards the ponies. Now at least he has legitimate revenge to point towards as a stronger motivation, and who knows, we may finally get to see Scorpan in person.

And the hippogriffs. Equestria has an entire convoy of these winged badasses pretty much at their disposal (or at the very least as an ally in a dire crisis), they had better use then against Tirek or... well, I wouldn't know what to believe anymore. Just one small thing, guys?

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, Them's Seeing Ponies said:

This sounds amazing, but I wouldn't be too hasty about him teaming up with Chrysalis. She's in the season premiere from what we know so far, and we still don't know if she'll be defeated or not. Yes, it's a great idea (and smacks of Big Jim's hopes to have some chemistry between any of the show's villains, judging by the pre-season 6 interview) but not a certain one yet.

I'd just say it would be a really weird short punch pacing wise if Chrysalis appearing in the premiere isn't setting up something big for her in the finale. You'd have to do some big escalation to make up for that

• Brohoof 1

I struggle to see any point in bringing him back of all villains. In the episode, he served to contrast with Twilight's own friendships - a person who didn't care about others, who only looked out for himself. This was good in that episode because it contrasted with Twilight, who was weakened when she tried to distance herself from others. The big fight is cool, but it complemented the story and characters, and I don't see what else can be done with Tirek without being kinda redundant or undermining that first episode. 

I am so hyped for this, I absolutely loved Tirek, he was best of multiple types of villains, he was cunning and manipulative at the start, confident but wary in the middle, and full on arrogant god at the end who believed he was unstoppable, he wasn't just a "HAHAHA, I WIN, YOU LOSE, BRB GONNA GO LOOK AWAY NOW" like Chrysalis or Discord.

Also, it seems BlackGryphons "Getting Stronger" song may just come to be true, maybe in season 9 we will get a Sombra resurrection and the three will team up for a final battle against the mane 6, Celestia, Pillars, all the heroes we have seen in the series.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe

.... *sigh*

I'm gonna get some hate for this but, I have to be honest: I'm skeptical about Tirek's return, because as of today, Twilight's Kingdom is still my favorite MLP production to date, and if somehow this return of him manages to ruin everything.... well, I wouldn't be happy.... at all...

2 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

I struggle to see any point in bringing him back of all villains. In the episode ... 

The season 4 finale was the highest rated FiM episode and many fans enjoyed it and him. That would be the point. It may not be a point you agree with, but  .. well .. uh ... uh

RG0BS1U.gif

But seeing as you aren't exactly obtuse, I suspect you aren't struggling to see or understand, but rather you simply disagree. In that case queue up -- you probably aren't alone. If there is a thing, there are certain to be people who disagree with said thing. 

2 hours ago, AlexanderThrond said:

and I don't see what else can be done with Tirek without being kinda redundant or undermining that first episode. 

He has only had two episodes. It's a pretty wide open field for a writer when there is that much unsaid about a character. It's a metric crap ton easier writing something new and original for Tirek than it is for any of the more established characters. Be creative and ... 

anigif_enhanced-25059-1419869876-28.gif

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

He has only had two episodes. It's a pretty wide open field for a writer when there is that much unsaid about a character.

I'm not sure how I feel about trying to add to his character, hence my concern about "undermining the season 4 finale." I guess I'll just have to wait and see, if I'm still watching by that point, given that it's clearly happening anyway. 

Wait...Tirek's returning to the show? My favorite villain, from my favorite season, from my absolute favorite episode in the show's history?

OVER THE TOP CELEBRATORY EXPRESSION OF JOY!!!!!!!!!!

Finally! I still remember watching Twilight's Kingdom for the first time about three years ago and just having my mind blown. In fact, it was that very episode that inspired me to become a brony in the first place and while, don't get me wrong, I've enjoyed the villains and the climaxes that we have gotten since that episode, none of them have even come remotely close to living up to Season Four's final showdown. Honestly, I can hardly wait to see the possibilities of where they take this truly magnificent villain in the future.

Image result for twilight vs tirek

I can't believe they are bringing this monster back. Among all the villains the Mane Six and Royal Family have dealt with over the course of the series, Chrysalis and Lord Tirek are the worst, and both of them coming back in Season 8 could spell disaster for the Mane Six and Royal Family as they deal with them once and for all.

Perhaps my belief that Chrysalis will be condemned to Tartarus if she refuses to repent and becomes Lord Tirek's roommate might be possible next season.

• 5 months later...

I heard for the finale in Season 8, it's supposed to be another villain escaped from Tartarus and trapped the Mane 6 there, and they have to deal with some of the evil creatures there.

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/26/2017 at 10:02 AM, Sly said:

Are you saying they could repeat the same thing they did with the MLP Movie but with the roles of Storm king and Tempest played by Tirek and Chrysalis? Doesn't seem pretty redundant to you?

Maybe.