Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning Small Post/RP Group Post Locations?

Feather Scribbles

I am planning to post a small group RP, but I am unsure where to post it. The RP will be either a "spin-off" of the MLP series, or of the EqG series. The plot will revolve around 3-5 individuals who must work out their differences in order to save the world from a growing evil of some description, be it a main villain(s), an army, whatever. So, if anyone knows where I should post this kind of thread (RP), and where the forum is, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :)

Just now, The Cerberus said:

You are in the right place, The OOC for your RP would be posted to 'Everfree Planning, OOC & Discussion', that being the exact place you posted this, and the RP itself would be posted here https://mlpforums.com/forum/22-everfree-roleplays/

Why, thank you. I much appreciate the information that you have bestowed upon me in order to help me in this endeavor.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

You are welcome, and here, I suggest you give this a read if you didn't already :) 

Thank you again. :)

It is been some months since I last RPed, and I haven't heard the term "OOC" before, even though I know what it stands for. For example, would this be the place where I post subject that would say (for example), "Hey, here is the plot idea I had in mind. Is anyone interested?", as well as another thread that says, "All planning for the RP will take place here. Any comments that relate to the RP but are not part of the storyline itself shall be posted here,"? Would these two threads be able to be merged into one, or would it be more logical to keep them separate?

Um, nevermind... The rules basically explained everything. :P However, I do have one question... Would you recommend for me to have two tabs open at the same time, and after I, say, finish typing up the OOC forum for the RP, I delay in posting it until I also finish the IC forum for the RP, and thus publish them simultaneously?

Edited by Feather Scribbles
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Feather Scribbles said:

It is been some months since I last RPed, and I haven't heard the term "OOC" before, even though I know what it stands for. For example, would this be the place where I post subject that would say (for example), "Hey, here is the plot idea I had in mind. Is anyone interested?", as well as another thread that says, "All planning for the RP will take place here. Any comments that relate to the RP but are not part of the storyline itself shall be posted here,"? Would these two threads be able to be merged into one, or would it be more logical to keep them separate?

I would suggest doing only one OOC thread where you first post your idea, and after people has joined, you use that same thread as OOC for the RP. Only situation where you would want to make two or more, would be thread like this https://mlpforums.com/topic/169015-searching-for-rp-partnersrps/ , where you are searching for several RPs, since the rules say that each RP have to have their own OOC. I hope you get what I mean :please:

In short, Only one OOC and one RP.

Just now, The Cerberus said:

I would suggest doing only one OOC thread where you first post your idea, and after people has joined, you use that same thread as OOC for the RP. Only situation where you would want to make two or more, would be thread like this https://mlpforums.com/topic/169015-searching-for-rp-partnersrps/ , where you are searching for several RPs, since the rules say that each RP have to have their own OOC. I hope you get what I mean :please:

In short, Only one OOC and one RP.

Sounds simple enough. Thank you for taking your time to answer my questions and concerns. :)

• Brohoof 1

43 minutes ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Would you recommend for me to have two tabs open at the same time, and after I, say, finish typing up the OOC forum for the RP, I delay in posting it until I also finish the IC forum for the RP, and thus publish them simultaneously?

I would suggest you to post the RP itself after you have some players gathered in the OOC. 

Edited by The Cerberus

5 minutes ago, Feather Scribbles said:

Would I find success in attracting more players if I post a detailed RP, or a simple, highly flexible RP?

I haven't been that successful in starting RPs so I don't really know :please: You could look other people's OOCs and see what seems to get players and what not. 

9 minutes ago, The Cerberus said:

I haven't been that successful in starting RPs so I don't really know :please: You could look other people's OOCs and see what seems to get players and what not. 

Thank you. :) I am about to post the OOC thread, if you'd like to take a look at it. :3 (Only if you want to, of course.)

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Small Post/RP Group Post Locations?