Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Biggest cooking fail?

Sweetcake

I don't think I can think of a notable fail. Minor things which are either hard to describe or overly mundane. Usually over boiling half-boiled eggs, burnt toast or a totally burnt and black pancake-like thing once.

But there is that time when I burnt syrup. Technically, I wasn't even the one cooking it, but my mother told me to keep an eye on it and turn off the flame when a certain time has passed. Totally forgot about it and it turned to caramel before burning. Luckily the sauce pan was safe.

• Brohoof 1

I took cooking classes back in Grade 10. I made a pretty good cocolate cake during one of the lessons, so I took it up to the front of the kitchen to show the teacher. One minute the cake was sitting fine on my plate, the next it was on the floor. I didn't even get to eat it.

• Brohoof 1

I once was making bread and added a bit too much yeast to the mix; at one point I thought the dough was gonna consume the entire Universe.

I once left a spoon in the microwave that caused it to set on fire. It must have been on fire for about 5 mins as the smoke alarms and everything were going off and i was sat only 10ft away on my PS3 and didn't realise till my parents started screaming "Fire!"

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I cooked two egg sandwiches early one morning for breakfast and one came out fine. The other I noticed smelled like cat food. I didn’t eat either at first and looked at the egg carton.

i had grabbed an egg carton whose eggs were gone off by over a year and a half. It was jammed in the back of the fridge and that’s what I pulled by mistake.

I threw the sandwiches out and had a bowl of cereal instead.

• Brohoof 2

32 minutes ago, Stone Cold Steve Tuna said:

I cooked two egg sandwiches early one morning for breakfast and one came out fine. The other I noticed smelled like cat food. I didn’t eat either at first and looked at the egg carton.

i had grabbed an egg carton whose eggs were gone off by over a year and a half. It was jammed in the back of the fridge and that’s what I pulled by mistake.

I threw the sandwiches out and had a bowl of cereal instead.

How did you not notice the sulfur smell beforehand?

I remember spending a few hours in a kitchen once, and the food turned out to taste... just average. It was a disappointment more than a fail. It made me want to stay less in the kitchen than before.

I like to cook. I've never made anything really horrible that somebody ate.

The bad thing I always do is leave things boiling and go off and do something else and forget about them. I've burned the pots badly doing that with potatoes or carrots more times than I can remember. Worst was when I left some eggs boiling and fell asleep. I woke up when I heard them exploding. All the water was gone and they were popping all over the place. :lie:

My dad got grease into the oven that spilled out of the bacon wrapped whatever in the oven. I feel someone hadn’t been there to take the food out for him while he was gone, the house could’ve caught fire.  

We once also burnt some caramel and turned it brown, too. The house didn’t burn the caramel sure looked funny.

• Brohoof 1

On 2/18/2020 at 11:03 PM, ExplosionMare said:

My dad got grease into the oven that spilled out of the bacon wrapped whatever in the oven. I feel someone hadn’t been there to take the food out for him while he was gone, the house could’ve caught fire.  

We once also burnt some caramel and turned it brown, too. The house didn’t burn the caramel sure looked funny.

You mean nothing exploded :wacko:?

I cooked eggs without oil once. First time :P 

• 3 weeks later...

I often make powdered pudding too slushy. Don't ask me how I do it with very precise instructions written down for me to see.

Sometimes I wanna bitchslap myself like, "you have EYEballs you dumbass, fuckin USE THEM."