Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Say something totally random!

Feather Scribbles

15 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Keep wondering if I should go back to Runescape or just accept I won't, and stop paying for membership :)

I have and always will be f2p for life. A year ago I got my 99 Smithing. It was well worth the effort.

16 minutes ago, Cwanky said:

I have and always will be f2p for life. A year ago I got my 99 Smithing. It was well worth the effort.

Well, there are member-only skills and a much larger map. Given when I signed up it was cheap (£3-20/month) it seemed worth it for the extended game, and of course if I were F2P they would have deleted my account by now for inactivity :)

5 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

So how much experience is slaying an orange dragon?

Don't recall an orange one. I used to snipe the black ones with kebbit bolts though, and harvest the hides :)

Just now, CypherHoof said:

Don't recall an orange one. I used to snipe the black ones with kebbit bolts though, and harvest the hides :)

I was talking about Smolder.

Did you know there's an Ocellus in Runescape? And a Starlight?

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I was talking about Smolder.

I am assuming Ocellus would get really intense if you tried to slay Smolder.
CellyBug.png.b36bb4c05bbfa97a86ca09e9767c5922.png

1 minute ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

Did you know there's an Ocellus in Runescape? And a Starlight?

No, I didn't, but I haven't played in years.

Alternate caption: you vs the guy she tells you not to worry about.

mlpfim_rs_ocellus_vs_ocellus.thumb.png.9fd8f45de864559440cdacc9248dd04e.png

Oh yeah, and I found a way to keep this from having a delta (I call it a discrepancy) of any nonzero number. It's hella complicated.

capture_csharp.PNG.dd9236ce27d73cc4355f4e4dcfe5755a.PNG

31 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Populations must be managed, I guess....

I used to have that be a part of a much more complex program; basically it generates a simulated population based on a household count using real-life census data.

I then almost had it so there were demographics for subpopulations that also had to be generated and tallied.

What if I Markov Chain'd the whole poopulation?

Also, bug.

capture_bug_is_grump.thumb.PNG.680d6971608ce1a08f5575e6dd1d5a57.PNG

Animal Crossing seems to have it pretty spot on. We’re all on our own little customized islands with our menagerie of personal friends to amuse us. 

Also, remember to sell your turnips before they rot.

I feel like abandoning art on the basis that it makes me feel useless as an artist. That way, I can free up time to devote towards programming instead, something that is near impossible to understand to outsiders.

Because why care about the people who make something creative when it's the end product people care most about?

2 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

I feel like abandoning art on the basis that it makes me feel useless as an artist. That way, I can free up time to devote towards programming instead, something that is near impossible to understand to outsiders.

Because why care about the people who make something creative when it's the end product people care most about?

Given you are *literally* posting on the site with a "Art Contest Winner: Canterlot Artist" banner on each post, I suspect you may just be going though another period of self-doubt :)

17 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Given you are *literally* posting on the site with a "Art Contest Winner: Canterlot Artist" banner on each post, I suspect you may just be going though another period of self-doubt :)

And yet it continues to be the case where I take the time to explain something close to me only to have the explanation flat-out ignored.

All it does is prove the conjecture I have that people value the art more than anything about the artist.

At least in a super technical field, explanations to the user are not mandatory because good luck making them understand.

6 minutes ago, Ganaram Inukshuk said:

And yet it continues to be the case where I take the time to explain something close to me only to have the explanation flat-out ignored. 

All it does is prove the conjecture I have that people value the art more than anything about the artist. 

It's a common problem; people make their own interpretations, and don't listen well.

On the other hand, the true skill of an artist is to convey meaning though art; any ambiguity should be by design, not by accident, and it should say what you want it to say. If people are misinterpretting your art, maybe they are only 50% to blame for that?