Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever want to be in a relationship?

Feather Scribbles

I've been in a relationship twice now and it ended pretty badly in both cases. So as much as I may want a relationship, I shy away because I have a fear of getting my heart shattered yet again.

• Brohoof 2

I'm getting older and I care about them much less than I ever have before. It takes a lot of bad experiences to form the idea that you're genuinely happier when you're not with someone else, but if you think you've found the right person and they have in you, then it's worth a try. There are still good relationships in the world, even if they are a very quickly dying concept. I'm a disciple of classic romance and the beautiful chemistry of a life-long love story, it just doesn't seem to be a thing anymore, and I have no desire to put myself out there to try and find it again. I don't think I've dated in... what, 5 years? It certainly feels like a long time after you spend three or four times that long looking for your own perfect ending.

Love isn't dead so long as you still believe in it, but there seems to be less and less honest love in the world these days.

6 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

I'm getting older and I care about them much less than I ever have before. It takes a lot of bad experiences to form the idea that you're genuinely happier when you're not with someone else, but if you think you've found the right person and they have in you, then it's worth a try. There are still good relationships in the world, even if they are a very quickly dying concept. I'm a disciple of classic romance and the beautiful chemistry of a life-long love story, it just doesn't seem to be a thing anymore, and I have no desire to put myself out there to try and find it again. I don't think I've dated in... what, 5 years? It certainly feels like a long time after you spend three or four times that long looking for your own perfect ending.

Love isn't dead so long as you still believe in it, but there seems to be less and less honest love in the world these days.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with you... and I am only 18.

• Brohoof 1

I have been alone pretty much my whole life and never really had one relationship except for a blind date that lasted maybe one hour. I have always been very shy around girls because I have this feeling where no girl would ever give me the time of day.

do I want a relationship/ girlfriend? Yes!

but, the real question is “Will I”? And to that answer I kinda just don’t see it so I just sorta stopped trying

I've been considering it, though I'm not going to actively look for one. I'm going to let love find me instead. It works better that way from my own personal experiences with relationships. None of the three I've had have ended well for either me or him, and I seem to be content being completely alone...

• Brohoof 1

Of course I would want to be. But only with someone very special, and only in a parallel universe where I chose to take better care of myself and wouldn't be such a burden.

Fortunately, it's like me having to find someone very special prevents me from giving in to my want to be with someone even though I know it's not for the best.

Edited by Envy

I would like to be in a Relationship, first of all i wouldnt be alone anymore and second, i wouldnt have to live by my mother anymore! I would be free.

Why doesnt someone come and save me? Having a girlfriend would be paradise ! Maybe...unless i have very bad luck.

• Brohoof 2

I have a select few things I want to do as a job after I have finished the mandatory army service and education, a relationship is only a liability in all of them. What is it good for if I am always on the other side of the globe and in a constant risk of injury or worse? Send a text message how I miss her now and then?

Heh, besides, I don't want to take care of anyone else besides myself, I'm a bit of a selfish prick like that. :D

I've done the relationship thing before a few times, to varying degrees of seriousness.  The most serious one went as far as marriage and then, a few years later, to divorce.  I'm not really fussed about it at the moment, if the right person came along I'd be happy to get involved again but I'm not currently putting any serious effort into finding anyone.

17 hours ago, Sunset Rose said:

Pretty much this. ^

I think love is a beautiful thing when true love is found... but more often than not it is just this infatuation BS people go in and out of that they call true love. They want all the highs and none of the lows... the rewards without the work. Relationships are supposed to be about happiness, but it is not just something that necessarily always IS... it takes commitment, desire and honestly with both each other but also yourself about what you want. It takes patience, understanding and communication... and more often than not people prefer to talk it more than practice it. I also do not think true love is dead, but I do think more and more the term true love has been twisted and altered by a mixture of modern society, popular media and this whole dog eat dog world and the tendency to place style over substance.

I would be open to a relationship.... but I am not looking for one just to be in one.... but to build something unique and better than I could do on my own. Or as someone once said, I'm not looking for the perfect one, just the only one.

• Brohoof 2

I am almost 27 years old. I have never been in any kind of romantic relationship. I’ve never actively sought one out, but I wouldn’t mind if the right guy came along.

Though at this point I’m almost tempted to deliberately avoid it, because it’s really funny to blow people’s minds when I tell them I’ve never even kissed a guy before. You’d think they just saw a unicorn. XD

• Brohoof 4

I'd love to be in a relationship but I've been finding out the hard way im going to wait until that person bumps into my life God willing. One thing I've realized you can't rush love. 

• Brohoof 1

Absolutely, as many people say, it is a matter of finding the right person, but before that I feel a little self improvement couldn't hurt, I need to be the right person for that someone else as well after all~

• Brohoof 1

I mean I guess... I don't like being lonely, but then again I don't like dating people who think me spending a few days away from them, working on projects, or hanging out with friends means I'm done with them. So many times people have broken up with me cause they felt ignored :dry:. So yeah I'm kinda mixed here... I don't really want love, but if it wants me I'll probably take it.

Yeah I would. :rarity: I sort of want to be in a relationship now, but it probably wouldn't be a good idea... I have a lot to work on and plus I'll be moving in less than a year so that might complicate things.

I don't seem to have any problems finding people to fall for... 

• Brohoof 1

Being in a relationship is a good thing if you're willing to put someone else above yourself. These days more and more people are conditioned to care about themselves and what they can get out of a relationship, which cheapens the deeper aspects of what love is all about. Love isn't just a happy romp through flowery meadows in slow motion, hand in hand with the perfect image of physical perfection. It's a sacrifice to become a better person while helping the one you love do the same. When they say, 'for better or worse, richer or poorer, in sickness and in health' they mean exactly that. Love is a beautiful thing and the closest thing to paradise on earth when it's the real deal, but life on earth in any capacity is going to involve struggle and work. If you want the rewards and are ready or willing to do that work, love is grand. :wub:

• Brohoof 6