Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you ever want to be in a relationship?

Feather Scribbles

It's a bit complicated for me. I've only been in one relationship before, (online relationship) and it didn't even last a month. It was my fault though, I kinda jumped in on impulse without taking the time to really get to know him. I would rather go for an irl relationship... online/long distance relationships just don't work out for me, plus, I feel kinda tied down in a relationship. Freedom is very important to me. Honestly I don't really have the time to be in a relationship right now anyway, and I still haven't found someone special. Besides all that, there's only one person I have eyes for. (bonus points if you guys can guess who that is. :orly:) So, at the moment, I don't want to be in a relationship, and I'm totally ok with that...although, sometimes I think it would be nice to have someone to love in that way, someone to hold hands with, someone to watch the sunset with. :rarity: But, that will have to wait until I find someone who can really sweep me off my hooves. :sunshower:

• Brohoof 2

10 hours ago, Br O N Y said:

So you would actually turn someone down just because they don't watch a certain TV-Show?

They don't have to watch it but they have to be okay with me watching it. It may seem trivial, but I can't be intimate with someone who judges me for one of my deepest insecurities. If that means I'm single for the rest of my life, so be it.

Edited by n1029
  • Brohoof 1

Not at the moment, no. I don't  fee the pressure  to be in one either, despite  of being in the late 20's. Let alone not wanting to take the extra responsibly.. School and work comes first. 

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

ohh yes i would like to guy or girl it wouldnt matter to me it would take some time to get to know someone so you could have some trust but at the same time its like you want to be in a relationship right now which its hard to resist but its better to know someone for a little while then just jump right into it.

• Brohoof 3

Yes. I'm not utterly desperate or anything, but yes.

But in my current state, I doubt I'll really end up anywhere. I'm nearly halfway through Senior year of HS and I still look like Weird Al Yankovic with a beard. Not necessarily bad, but I'm personally unhappy with my body shape. But if the worst case scenario comes and I get nothing out of my High School career, I can always look forward to the life on campus. Is it really true when they say that your closest relationships come from College?

No.

Atleast, not for the foreseeable future as I continue High School and eventually college. I tried a relationship, and it's a lot of commitment- especially if you're independent and your partner is less so. It's hard to get some time to just be alone for a bit, especially long distance (as weird as that sounds) when you have things you want to do and a person wanting you around more-or-less all of the time, and it can be suffocating. A lot of people in my high school are like this, and I thankfully know to avoid those types now, but relationships in general require a lot of commitment and sacrifice on your personal life. I'm busier than ever this year with classes that require more work, I'm constantly working on debate stuff, and I have more of a social life which I don't want a potential jealous partner ruining. I want to have fun in high school, and I'd rather just remain friends with girls I like, which is easier in multiple ways, and I don't want to risk losing their friendship by accidentally screwing up our relationship if we entered one.

Maybe in college. Maybe.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Yes, I would. Sure it takes me a while to get close to someone generally (being that I'm a socially awkward train wreck) and I know from experience that relationships take a lot of investment to really get much out of it, but I feel like it would be more than worth it for me to get into a relationship. I really need the feeling that there's a point to be here, and I really need that hope.

Edited by ~Dusky~

It's been over a year since my answer and I can say with all certainly, less than two hours before the new year that still don't want to be in a relationship, possibly at all. I've just started to live, and have the chance to build the life I want. That's far more important than being in a relationship  :mlp_yeehaa:

Yes. Over this last year, I have come to the conclusion that I am pretty lonely on my own, and while there are definitely drawbacks to being in a committed relationship, as a very apathetic, lethargic and cynical person, I need somepony special to light a fire underneath me and take me out of my comfort zone.

• Brohoof 1

I could take it or leave it, truthfully speaking. Though intimacy and trust are undoubtedly beyond any material value, I have found that I am at my happiest when I have the most freedom and autonomy. In that regard, I could certainly be happy without an intimate relationship... but even so, genuine love and trust are irreplaceable, no matter how self-sufficient one may be. In summary, I can see myself living a good life with or without a romantic relationship; it all hinges on what circumstances I may encounter next. :darling:

• Brohoof 1

Hard to say... To be honest, I think I'm better off alone – both because of my personality (I feel I'd have to make too many compromises in a relationship for me to enjoy it), and knowing several people in relationships that aren't that good for them... :mellow: On the other hand, I can't deny I've thought sometimes how my life would be if I was in one, and there are certainly some positives in a good relationship. So it's not something I'm actively looking for and I doubt I'll ever be in one, but I wouldn't completely rule it out either if I met the right person...

• Brohoof 3

I would love to be in a relationship. I am looking for something serious, as I am ready to settle down.