Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Your favorite color and its meaning to you?

PlzDelete

We all have that one color in mind when we first hear the question: What is your favorite color? 

Well, have you ever thought about its deeper meaning to you? As an artist, I always thought about colors in certain ways. Like how they are connected to our personalities and will change along with them. Like how nature seems to have wired our brains into responding to them differently. I'm really curious about how any of you feel about your favorite color on a deep level. 

Spoiler

My favorite color is RED!

Red is an emotional color. Its represented in things in nature; blood, roses, and rubies. Its also represented with opposing emotions in people such as anger and love. Its a color that can't decide what it wants to be. Red is just like me... its emotional but naturally so. :) 

• Brohoof 3

Purple is my favorite color - although it might not have a deep meaning for me (i'm not the creative type hehe) I kind of like that no one ever guesses it as my favorite color. For whatever reason they always seem surprised when I tell them it's purple xD

• Brohoof 6

2 minutes ago, Frostgage said:

Purple is my favorite color - although it might not have a deep meaning for me (i'm not the creative type hehe) I kind of like that no one ever guesses it as my favorite color. For whatever reason they always seem surprised when I tell them it's purple xD

Purple. Purple pops with many things! Its like its ready to surprise you with how many things it goes well with! It knows where and when to match with things. Its orderly and smart! Just like a certain princess we know. :P

• Brohoof 1

Yeah my favourite colour is blue and it's really a deep thing to me. Like literally the servers in my head are made of a strange navy blue metal and they are covered on blue glowing cercit board patterns. Plus my OC really shows off the blue circuitry inside me! :)

image.thumb.png.4a42ba3a6a0e27a98c59d6389d2fb01e.png  

• Brohoof 4

My favorite color is Red. Maybe because I can relate to it's representation of opposing emotions.

My second, third, and fourth favorite colors are actually Pink, Dark Blue (also known as Navy Blue), and Green. Of course I mention these because it's honestly hard to just mention one, singular color, when there are so many great colors!

• Brohoof 1

My favorite color is definitely blue and its variations. Blue to me is a color that represents peace and tranquility. The bright blues offer a more active representation of this, to me representing bright positivity and joy. Darker blues, which I prefer even more, for me are more representative of peace and calm. This can also apply combinations with other colors, like my favorite combos of light blue and white, or dark blue and black, which is my personal favorite. Light Blue and White can represent Ice, snow, the cold they bring. Dark Blue and Black also can represent that, but also incorporating the night, my favorite time of day.

• Brohoof 5

My favourite colour is yellow and the reason why I like it is because it's a 'sporty' colour. It just about makes ANY muscle car look good B)

...and it makes just about anything stand out, just like my OC ;) 

dN7plE4.jpg

Bsbc3tn.jpg

Heck, I'm wearing a yellow shirt right now :please: :catface:

Edited by SolarFlare13
  • Brohoof 2

Red is my color because Red is Heroic as TV Tropes puts it. Plus it's the color associated with Mickey Mouse and Mario, the Mascots of Disney and Nintendo, respectively.

Blue is my 2nd favorite color. It matches Mickey's Sorcerer Hat and also Mario's overalls.

I have a variety of favorite colors. Magenta and shades of pink I like for no real reason aside from they are just visually appealing to me.

My other favorite colors - brown, black, grey, and white I could attach to other things. They're all colors I can associate with my favorite season - winter, where I think nature is most beautiful. Brown bare trees and grasses, grey/black sky, and white for snow, of course (not a feature of winter where I live anymore, really, but still.). They're also the colors of my favorite instruments - woodwinds!

• Brohoof 1

My favorite color is orange. It's often called the artist's color and in this case would be accurate. It's said that different colors have different effects. Purple is associated with learning, blue and green with peacefulness, white with purity and so on. I don't know if any of this is true but my color fits me perfectly. 

1 minute ago, Catsle said:

My favorite color is green, its a relaxing color. Its the grass, the leaves in the trees to me that makes it almost peaceful.

Agreed. Green is one of natures most powerful colors. Its a healthy and familiar. Its a sign of life. 

• Brohoof 1

Favorite color is a very dark dark blue; the ocean and the sky are both blue, and I've always loved moving in 3D (through water, air or space).

Then comes black, the color of space; also I find darkness relaxing and cozy (except in games like Minecraft or Amnesia, then darkness can fuck off). Dark green comes close behind because green is the obvious color to symbolize nature and I prefer dark shades.

On 10/28/2017 at 2:13 AM, Frostgage said:

Purple is my favorite also. I like the darkness. 

• Brohoof 1