Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

food Worst Restaurant Experience?

Lucid_Nightlight

• 2 years later...

I had to wait around an hour in a drive-through on a hot day, and the restaurant didn't even have what I wanted because their machine broke.

Another time, I waited about an hour just to get some ice cream. No idea why they took so long, but it was annoying.

I've also been to a restaurant where there was ants inside it, and there could have been some in the food as well.

• Brohoof 1

When I was a kid I used to like to pick Applebee's to eat at on my birthdays. Well, post-childhood I still wanted to continue the tradition, I guess. I believe this was my birthday in 2010. This Applebee's we went to had really slow service the last time I went, but it was a year or so later, so I thought maybe we'd give them another chance. Bad idea! The wait was just as bad. Like hours. And on top of that they didn't have a straw and had to go to another restaurant to get straws so I could have one (or that's what they said, seems weird thinking back on it). lol

That sounds petty, but really it was annoying. That Applebee's closed years ago, along with a lot of the others in town.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

I've had a few bad experiences but there will be one that always sticks out. It took place at an IHOP over a decade ago and I have not been back since. Being a 24 hour place, I went there late at night back in the day when my brother worked for lamestop. He had a midnight open that would probably be short so I gave him a ride and went to grab some eats while I waited. I plugged in my laptop and started waiting for someone to come by. There were a few waiters that night but they were all fucking off and talking to their stupid friends instead of working. It took at least 30 minutes before they took my drink order and fifteen before I got the damn thing. Another 20 before I got my food put in and another wait to even get my order. The pancakes were good at least. But I did not leave a tip because they didn't earn it and I was super close to just walking the fuck out because I had to wait just TO PAY. Single worst experience and I will never go back there.

• Brohoof 1

Sometimes I think that they should rename the customers/diners "waiters" considering that's what they end up doing when confronted with bad service.

But bad jokes aside, I remember having to wait over an hour for a meal at a restaurant. I can't remember where it was, but I remember my mum getting really angry with how slow they were going with our order, considering that there were others that came in after us and were getting their orders pretty darn quick.

• Brohoof 2

I went to a Wendy's and stood at the counter for about 5 minutes. There was a woman behind the counter talking to another empoyee on my side (who was probably on break) and there was nobody else at the counter. Then the manager came out, went to a register, took some money from it, and left. Nobody even noticed me. So I left.

• Brohoof 1

Me and a few buddies went to a grand re opening of a diner that was wonderful way back when. It was jam packed when we got there. They seat us and it takes 20 minutes for a waitress to ask us if we’ve decided yet. This is the first time since being seated they even said anything to us. We all order, and the waitress asks if we would like some complimentary appetizers. We said “Yes, please.”

So she goes “Okay!” And then walks off. We never got our appetizers.

About half hour later another waiter comes over with a tray full of napkins and asks us if we would like some complimentary napkins for our yet to exist meals. We said “Yes please!”

So he smiles and says “Okay!” And then he walks off with the napkins. Never handed us any.

An hour later another waitress comes by with a tray of wine glasses and asks if we would like some complimentary wine. At this point we are reasonably certain that our simple “Yes” answers are somehow being lost in translation despite us all speaking the same language, so we say “Yes” and to accentuate the point, reach for the glasses. This seems to have the desired effect, because she actually follows our request. I was so proud.

Finally, 2 1/2 hours into the wait, our food comes. Our drinks are finished- our waitress never came to refill or check on us. The meal was bland. We ate quick , paid the tab, and left them exactly $0.00 as a tip.

• Brohoof 1

I had one at the Mexican part of Disney where the waitresses took forever to give us our food as some sort of revenge since we had the meal plan where the food was paid for in advance instead of at the table.

I also had really bad service at Cheddar’s once and while I don’t remember much, I remember the staff kept messing everything up and my dad’s glass was chipped.

I went to a Chinese restaurant when I was visiting Kansas, and the buffet was cold! And there was also a homeless visitor in the restaurant, having dirty clothes and smelling. Yea, that was a worst experience. :eww:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

I can count on one hand how often I went to a restaurant in my life, so I made not many experiences. But the food never tasted good and I left most of it on the plate... It simply can't compare with the magic of what you can create yourself in the kitchen. :kindness:

A little bit off-topic, but when I eat elsewhere, it led to a lot of nightmare scenarios. I went to the pizzeria with someone else, we both got diarrhea afterwards at the same time, it can't be coincidence. There was also once a tuft of hair on my pizza!!! It looked like pubic hair!!! Because of these experiences I will never eat elsewhere again! :yeahno: And in my final class trip, they only served cold tea and old bread with cheap jam in little packages... I got a gastrointestinal virus the same day, never had this before.

I really value good, healthy food. :(

When I was at McDonald’s and I wanted a plain double cheeseburger. The woman couldn’t hear me even when I shouted. I ended up getting just a plain burger! But my bill still said it was a plain double cheeseburger. Talk about getting ripped off!

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, TomDaBombMLP said:

When I was at McDonald’s and I wanted a plain double cheeseburger. The woman couldn’t hear me even when I shouted. I ended up getting just a plain burger! But my bill still said it was a plain double cheeseburger. Talk about getting ripped off!

The opposite happened to me—I asked for a plain burger and they still put all the nasty toppings underneath.

Only other bad experience I can remember is that I got a burger once that was cooked on the outside but not the inside. They took it off the bill but it was just a really odd thing to happen. Thankfully, I’d eaten a lot of appetizer bread beforehand so it wasn’t a huge loss.

Oh, and one time my family went to this Mexican restaurant in Disney World and they took an extremely long time to give us our food since they hated that we were on the meal plan, which made our bill $0 since everything was already covered. We gave them a bad tip then bolted out of there.

Edited by ExplosionMare
Added one more thing
  • Brohoof 2

Wanted no pickles on my burger. All I got was pickles :c

And also one other time at the same restaurant but I forget what happened. It’s a great burger joint :nom: . Just occasional hiccups

On 2020-02-13 at 12:17 PM, ExplosionMare said:

I had one at the Mexican part of Disney where the waitresses took forever to give us our food as some sort of revenge since we had the meal plan where the food was paid for in advance instead of at the table.

I also had really bad service at Cheddar’s once and while I don’t remember much, I remember the staff kept messing everything up and my dad’s glass was chipped.

Never drink on a chipped glass...

• Brohoof 1

One time, I went to TGI Fridays with my mom, sister, and my sister's boyfriend. We ordered our food and it took so long to arrive. It felt like 40-50 minutes without our food. Except for the bowl of fries in between that time. So we never went back to TGI Fridays ever again

We usually went to a Perkins when we would make the annual "two day drive in a day" to go visit relatives.  We pulled in at about 7, so the crowd was leaving, waiter seated us, and then 20 minutes later the manager comes and apologizes and says that all the waiters had either quit or not come in today, took our order and then an hour later brought part of our food  and apologized saying that there was one cook who had just started and was supposed to have the day off and had just happened to come by and decide to work...so he was overloaded.  The rest of our food came another 45 minutes later, but by then anything hot was cold, anything cold was warm and we had found labels, stickers, packaging, etc in our food. The manager cut the price in half and asked us to flip the sign to closed on our way out.

That perkins was closed for a long time after that and we haven't been back to one since...we decided to try a more local(as in to the state) called Krolls. Best decision ever, very good food and you never leave hungry and without a take home container. About the same price too.

Edited by TheGleaner

Went to a Turkish restaurant in a city called Bath in the west of England (lovely place btw, if anyone is ever considering going you won't regret it) and the food was incredible, but our waiter was tedium personified.

When we entered the restaurant, he took our order for drinks and brought mine (a Coke Zero) to the table. I poured it from the glass bottle into a glass that was already on the table, presuming it to be the purpose of its presence there, but immediately the waiter snatched it away from me and told me to "be more patient" as he was just about to bring me a separate glass. He then was ironically so impatient himself in bringing the glass that he dropped it and smashed it on the floor, spilling my drink and getting glass over the entire restaurant floor, inconveniencing everyone and forcing us to move tables in the process. He did not apologise and merely walked away embarrassed, leaving someone else to clean the mess up, and a different person served us for the rest of the evening. The food was actually amazing, but that was definitely some of the worst service I've ever had...

My father wasn't allowed to go into the Little Caesar's because of the mask rules, and the person telling him the rules was not wearing a mask. I do not understand how any sane or rational mind can believe and defend such things, it's absolutely stupid. 

• Brohoof 1