Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

A nice easter egg from season 7 finale

SasQ

Remember that mysterious inscription Sunburst found on one of the stones in Ponehenge in Season 7 finale? :sunshower:

PonehengeInscription.jpg

Well, I've just cracked it :twi: It is written in a runic alphabet called Elder Futhark:

Elder_futhark.png

and it says:

PonehengeInscriptionCracked.jpg

Nice one, DHX, you trolls :umad:

TwiTroll.jpg

Edited by SasQ
  • Brohoof 30

(edited)

@SpiBaz Well, when I was watching the finale, it looked a bit suspicious that they spent several seconds of detailed animation on that short scene where Sunburst uncovers the runes and asks Twilight if she ever seen anything like this (drawing our attention to the inscription), and she's like "no, not really", but with a suspicious trollface ;) And since I'm into ancient symbolism, alphabets & stuff (have you seen my symbolism thread perchance? :pout: ), I knew that these runes must mean something and couldn't be coincidental. So I looked up the Futhark table and decoded it, and... jawdropped ;)

@ggg-2 You mean the animator from DHX who put it in there? I wish I could know too...

Edited by SasQ
Forgot the link to the thread mentioned :q
  • Brohoof 3

2 hours ago, SasQ said:

Remember that mysterious inscription Sunburst found on one of the stones in Ponehenge in Season 7 finale? :sunshower:

PonehengeInscription.jpg

Well, I've just cracked it :twi: It is written in a runic alphabet called Elder Futhark:

Elder_futhark.png

and it says:

TwiTroll.jpg

I vote for poneh to be our saviors and overlords :D 

I am aware of the message from your gods and have been aware of it for some time now before this moment. You see ... it came to me ... in a dream ... 

actually... I think I was having a flashback from a horrible circus accident involving a lion and two unicycles. It's hard to tell, you know. When I came to there was a severed arm next to me holding a phone. It was a musical phone belonging to the arm. I guessed his name was Sam because of said Samsung. 

Anyway the phone had a thing open ... my paperboy calls it a Tweeter place. At least he did before I feasted on his soul. The phone had this on it ... 

https://mobile.twitter.com/SoonamiSapphire/status/918042784644206592

You have all mistranslated it ... it says ... 

Walken must feed!

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, SasQ said:

PonehengeInscription.jpg

Elder_futhark.png

and it says:

TwiTroll.jpg

You have a good eye. :D I love these kinds of things in the show.

3 hours ago, Foxy Socks said:

Cool, it's nice that they hide things like that. I wonder how long it took for someone to notice. Even funnier is the spelling of "poni." 

Well, that alphabet seems to lack a "y" :huh:

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Foxy Socks said:

Ah I wasn't familiar with the writing system, and didn't look too close at the chart.

Me neither, I've just got curious by your comment, and checked the chart. No "y" there :lol:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, SasQ said:

@Goat-kun  enlighten me then, what major secrets the grand loremasters like you do bother? I'll keep that in mind next time.

I think that he was alluding to the same thing I was. Within minutes this was found, translated, and online. Considering some of the more clever Easter eggs (like the deceptive cadance elements to This Day Aria), it was something that was almost too easily found to be genuinely impressive. 

45 minutes ago, Jeric said:

I think that he was alluding to the same thing I was. Within minutes this was found, translated, and online. Considering some of the more clever Easter eggs (like the deceptive cadance elements to This Day Aria), it was something that was almost too easily found to be genuinely impressive. 

They used writing How to Train Your Dragon series uses as casual text every other episode. No cookies.

10a.jpg.381dca7e9f125a18aeb637c08ccced3e.jpg

Implications, implications, implications.

4 hours ago, Jeric said:

Within minutes this was found, translated, and online.

Online... you mean that thing I'm trying to avoid at all cost when something new comes to avoid being spoilt? ;>
Then I obviously couldn't find it online. If I did, I wouldn't write about it here. One is enough.

4 hours ago, Jeric said:

Considering some of the more clever Easter eggs (like the deceptive cadance elements to This Day Aria), it was something that was almost too easily found to be genuinely impressive.

Welp, then I guess all those people in this thread who found it impressive were surely mistaken. K then, thanks for reminding me why I don't share my thoughts and discoveries on this forum anymore, I keep forgetting that.

BTW so you're hiding behind fake accounts now, Mr. Christopher Walken? :q  Gee, I wonder why...