Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you change your name?

Essence

For years I contemplated changing my name of Frederick to its shortened version of Freddy because its the one I use more. However, as I've grown up... the realisation of having to change EVERY document I have just to shorten my name was ridiculous... so I didn't bother.

I wouldn't mind changing mine to something more elegant and mysterious, but I don't mind my real name. My first name is Natalie, which means 'born at Christmastime' so it's somewhat accurate in that respect. I almost always go by my nickname though, and that's Frosty.

I'm actually trying to get into the process of legally changing my name but it's kinda complicated for me since I live in a different country and my birth certificate is from another.  I never really needed to go through the process of becoming a "citizen" because I have native status which lets me move between countries freely in North America. :please:

Edited by Thuja

My name is a part of my identity, so no. I would possibly change my last name, since it’s really common but also hard to pronounce because it’s foreign, but that problem could be solved if I just marry someone with a really nice last name! : D

I'm perfectly fine being Alexander Rafael Arambula. However, had my sister not interjected when I was born that my name should be Alex, my name would've probably been Rafael Jésus (my dad's name) Arambula. I got the middle name Rafael from that naming attempt. While I often do wonder how my life would've turned out had I been named Rafael, I wouldn't change it.

I would never change my middlenames because I am named after my grandparents and really proud of that (and also because my middle names sound fancy as fluf! I mean, come on, Cornelia Deanne, how fancy is that?) 

my first name I also like but not as much as the middle ones. especially the way my name sounds in english sounds stupid to me. I do like it in dutch though XD though if someone came up to me and put a gun to my head and said 'change your name! now!' then I'd change it to either the dutch version of the name Jenny, which is Janneke. I like that name because it's very close to the nickname my father has for me. Or I'd change it to Summer because I am starting to really associate myself with that name because of how much it's used on the internet XD

• 6 months later...

I really see no purpose in altering it. My username is actually based off my real name, so if I did change it, my username would lose all meaning that it contains. :P

Only if it were a form of my current name. I have used this name for years and have no plans on changing it soon.

I once threatened to change my name to Skeeter.

1 minute ago, Totally Lucky said:

Nope, I love my name (Lauren) and the shorter versions that come with it (Laura, Laurie). 

Same goes for my middle name, Anne. 

I'm gonna start calling you Laurie.

I'm perfectly fine with Adam and I doubt I'd ever change it.

Though if I was to change my name, I'd likely go with Sora. Sora I think is a wonderful name and was a nickname of mine for awhile :D