Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Predictions on EqG YouTube series

Cahead2015

I wouldn't mind having Starlight pay another visit to the EqG world. It seems like she has good chemistry with Sunset Shimmer, and I'd like to see that developed more.

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

I wouldn't mind having Starlight pay another visit to the EqG world. It seems like she has good chemistry with Sunset Shimmer, and I'd like to see that developed more.

Me too!

• Brohoof 1

Just now, PathfinderCS said:

I fully agree. That, along with her gorgeous design, are too good to only be used once. Putting Starlight and Sunset together for just one episode would probably be enough for me to fully forgive Mirror Magic for downplaying it.

I also really, really want Sunset to think about her Equestrian ties. Actively think back to it, possibly rekindle some of her old pony habits... maybe even genuinely start to miss her hooves, magic, and old home. To me, her background is practically begging to be explored more, and especially given it's the kind of potential you really can't get anywhere else.

• Brohoof 5

And of course, hopefully some information about how the geodes got there in the first place.

1 minute ago, Toon4Thought said:

I fully agree. That, along with her gorgeous design, are too good to only be used once. Putting Starlight and Sunset together for just one episode would probably be enough for me to fully forgive Mirror Magic for downplaying it.

I also really, really want Sunset to think about her Equestrian ties. Actively think back to it, possibly rekindle some of her old pony habits... maybe even genuinely start to miss her hooves, magic, and old home. To me, her background is practically begging to be explored more, and especially given it's the kind of potential you really can't get anywhere else.

Especially that she was in the human dimension for so long she nearly almost forgotten her equine body along with her horn.

• Brohoof 1

I’m guessing a much greater emphasis on slice of life stories over action stories. It will be nice to see the EQG characters get more character moments like we saw in the Summertime Shorts. I’m hoping for more great Sunset moments like we saw in Monday Blues. 

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, Cahead2015 said:

Especially that she was in the human dimension for so long she nearly almost forgotten her equine body along with her horn.

Yeah, the potential with her exploring her old background is near-endless. Just the idea of a pony fully transitioning to enjoy life as a human only to revisit her equine roots after multiple years I think is enough to merit EqG's existence.

I know Friendship Games initially had something like that, but quite frankly part of me is glad they took it out because I don't think it would have done the idea justice. It deserves a much more all-out treatment, to put it simply.

5 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

I’m guessing a much greater emphasis on slice of life stories over action stories. It will be nice to see the EQG characters get more character moments like we saw in the Summertime Shorts. I’m hoping for more great Sunset moments like we saw in Monday Blues. 

That's probably one of the biggest things that made me excited for the series. EqG could only squeeze in so much slice-of-life stuff before due to the very nature of the TV movie format, which is a shame because right from the beginning it was always my favorite thing about EqG. Thus, the specials (especially Dance Magic) as well as the shorts felt like such a breath of fresh air on this front, and left me starving for more.

Edited by Toon4Thought
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

And From the rest of the humane 6 like what we saw in Good Vibes.

I hope starlight will return, this time along with Twilight.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Cahead2015 said:

And From the rest of the humane 6 like what we saw in Good Vibes.

As much as I believe that Sunset should be given the most focus of them all (for reasons I've already stated), I do agree that the Humane 6 have a lot of untapped potential too. Something I always actively look forward to in every EqG installment are looks at how the ponies' personalities play out as teenage humans. There's something psychological I really enjoy about exploring characters so familiar but put in an environment so different, especially in how different their bodies are.

It's probably one of my favorite things about all the shorts, actually - the fact they were able to get focus that showed what sets them apart from the pony versions.

• Brohoof 3

42 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Yes, this! I’m still bummed we didn’t get Starlight in any of the Summertime Shorts, hopefully this changes in the YouTube series. I want my Starlight/Sunset song.

• Brohoof 1

Ever wondered if the humane 7's gonna go to…collage?!

57 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Yes, this! I’m still bummed we didn’t get Starlight in any of the Summertime Shorts, hopefully this changes in the YouTube series. I want my Starlight/Sunset song.

Well they're short for a pretty good reason, also a sunset song collab that starlight? That would be an interesting song, if it ever happens.

What about the CMCs, we haven't learned much of them at all,(besides their recent short though)

I want to see more humanized versions of ponies--I know we'll be seeing the human version of Zephyr Breeze--and in particular, some of the more obscure ones. I'd also like to see them with worthwhile dialogue rather than just being in the background with nothing to do.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Ganondorf8 said:

I want to see more humanized versions of ponies--I know we'll be seeing the human version of Zephyr Breeze--and in particular, some of the more obscure ones. I'd also like to see them with worthwhile dialogue rather than just being in the background with nothing to do.

In that same spirit,

I'd like to see Minuette finally make her return in one of the Equestria Girls series episodes or whatever they end up being.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

In that same spirit,

I'd like to see Minuette finally make her return in one of the Equestria Girls series episodes or whatever they end up being.

Was she in one of them?

• Brohoof 2

Was she in one of them?

Just to clarify, I meant I'd like to see Minuette return with a speaking role.

She was one of Twilight Sparkle's friends from Canterlot in "Amending Fences".

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Just to clarify, I meant I'd like to see Minuette return with a speaking role.

She was one of Twilight Sparkle's friends from Canterlot in "Amending Fences".

I know who she because I watched that particular episode and I have her Super Rare cards from the MLP CCG. In that same vein, Moondancer and the rest of Twilight's old friends--Lyra doesn't count as she's in Equestria Girls complete with dialogue--should make an appearance though I see Moondancer being part of Crystal Prep because of her desire for wanting knowledge and not being keen on friendship.

• Brohoof 2

I know who she because I watched that particular episode and I have her Super Rare cards from the MLP CCG. In that same vein, Moondancer and the rest of Twilight's old friends--Lyra doesn't count as she's in Equestria Girls complete with dialogue--should make an appearance though I see Moondancer being part of Crystal Prep because of her desire for wanting knowledge and not being keen on friendship.

Oooh, I like that & it would *totally* make sense. :o

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Oooh, I like that & it would *totally* make sense. :o

Just because the actual Moondancer has accepted friendship again doesn't mean a human version has.

• Brohoof 2

Just because the actual Moondancer has accepted friendship again doesn't mean a human version has.

Just like Sci-Twi was a loner & didn't think much of friendship at first either. 

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

I see Moondancer being part of Crystal Prep because of her desire for wanting knowledge and not being keen on friendship.

Moondancer wasn’t keen on friendship only because Twilight abandoned her when she went to Ponyville. We saw that she was interested in friends before then. I think she’d just be a little socially awkward, not full on recluse like she was in Amending Fences.

Though that does just make me more curious to see how the two different worlds have produced differences in the characters.

Edited by ShootingStar159
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ShootingStar159 said:

Moondancer wasn’t keen on friendship only because Twilight abandoned her when she went to Ponyville. I think she’d just be a little socially awkward, not full on recluse like she was in Amending Fences.

Though that does just make me more curious to see how the two different worlds have produced differences in the characters.

Sometimes, the human versions of ponies share the same personalities as their Equestrian counterparts, but others are completely the opposite and one has to wonder if there is any connection to be found. Filthy Rich is a perfect example of the latter here.

• Brohoof 2