Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has Anypony Tried Writing A Fan Teleplay (Script) For The Show?

Harratot33

Obviously, soo, soo much fanfiction for MLP is written by bronies and pegasisters alike, but has anyone tried to write their story ideas in script form - like write their own episode?

I think I'm gonna give it a try - there's a free-to-use website named PlotBot which formats your script in the correct format and everything!!

Taking into account that this topic does not showcase a piece of writing of your own creation, I believe if doesn't belong to Written Fan Works. However, seeing the opportunity, I'll allow it to stay within AK Yearling's Resources given that it is a very specific concept that might catch some interest, the product of that interest ultimately being discussed here. If you so desire, you may edit the topic with tips and suggestions coming from your experience. Otherwise it wouldn't truly serve a substantial purpose.

Conclusively, please do remember to check the forum descriptions as well as the topics within as to avoid straying from the section's purpose.

• 1 month later...

I actually have a full script of one of the test pilots for my FiM extended universe series I'm trying to get started up.

So yeah, I have actually put at least one of my episode ideas into actual script form so far.

And if you're wondering, this is the synopsis of the episode:
E4 (Pilot): Baby Carrot:  When the CMC are asked to watch Fluttershy's animals for an evening, the fillies accept, only to be overwhelmed, and Applebloom decides to take the 'Emergency Potion' to be able to communicate with the animals.  Thanks to an accidental extra ingredient though, the potion has some unexpected behavior, that might just seal Applebloom's fate as a mindless garden eater (a rabbit).

If you attempt this endeavor, you must have permission from the copyright holder to do so. Also, make sure that you do not show your manuscript to anyone. It's very likely that if you do get permission, you will have to sign an NDA and won't be able to choose your own editor/readers.

@Mirage First, was that directed at me?

Second, were you assuming that it would be an official extended universe?  I was kinda using the term loosely, since the episodes, which would be entirely unofficial, would for the most part, fit right in with existing canon, and one could view it as canon if they wished.

10 minutes ago, Superplay64 said:

@Mirage First, was that directed at me?

Second, were you assuming that it would be an official extended universe?  I was kinda using the term loosely, since the episodes, which would be entirely unofficial, would for the most part, fit right in with existing canon, and one could view it as canon if they wished.

It meant it for anyone reading it. :D But yes, I assumed it was for an official episode query.

Technically, if you create material using characters, symbols, worlds, etc that aren't yours without permission, you are in violation of copyrights. Hasbro seems to be quite lenient of internet content.

1 hour ago, Mirage said:

Technically, if you create material using characters, symbols, worlds, etc that aren't yours without permission, you are in violation of copyrights. Hasbro seems to be quite lenient of internet content.

Well, yeah, and I was still (most likely) going to request IP usage permission, but I when I send the form and e-mail, I'm going to do it with either the two fully completed test pilots, or one that's still in the storyboard process with a few final voices (the rest being production dubs for the inclusion in the e-mail), or a mix of both.

(Also, if you want to talk more about it, you can send me a message or talk in the project thread [it's the link in my sig].  I feel like I'm derailing this thread.)

Edited by Superplay64

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

To answer the topic's original question, I have written in transcript format before (and am in fact working on a script-based Fic right now).  And the reason for it is because it is supposed to be a fake series that takes place (roughly) in the middle of the show (some time after Season 4).