Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you do to release anger?

DubWolf

I'm unfortunately pretty violent when it comes to anger, slamming or throwing things...

Yeah there are better ways of doing with anger, but it's the easiest way.

• Brohoof 3

I actually have a hard time expressing anger. It’s actually kind of irritating, because sometimes I feel like I let people get away with a lot of crap because I just don’t have the energy to really give them a dressing down or a prolonged silent treatment. When I get mad, it tends to be less of an explosion, and more of a smoldering piece of coal where my heart is.

But I remember one time in college I was in a Spanish class I was just NOT enjoying. It was difficult and I was struggling, and I had seething contempt for my professor and his “teaching methods”. One day I got home after that class and I was just soooo angry I felt like I was gonna scream.

So what I did was I found some sheets of paper, wrote “Spanish Class” on them with a marker, and then systematically tore the pages apart until they were nothing but confetti. I felt a lot better.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 8

Well for me when I get extremely angry I just have to go to a quiet place and keep on repeating dialogue from YouTube videos where abuse is taking place like often I might repeat something from one of DaddyO5's videos. And I keep on repeating it until I just forgot and move on from my anger but if I'm out in public like if I'm out shopping with my family I just feel extremely irritated and I need to get home as quickly as possible otherwise I might start physically assaulting my younger brother. :)

• Brohoof 3

When I get angry, usually at a person (aka my mom), I go for a drive around my town while listening to the radio. I really enjoy driving, so I can calm myself by doing something I love. Plus it acts as a physical escape and gives me time to think about things while in a safe environment.

Now I don't recommend this method to people who take out their anger by driving erratically. It is neither healthy for you as the driver or other people around you. I would only try this method if you can remain a safe driver when experiencing intense emotions.

Again, this is a method that works for me. You might find taking a walk to be more effective.

• Brohoof 3

When I am angry, I usually listen to heavy metal or thrash metal and try to get other thoughts. Sometimes, I bash my fist on the table or shout something, but this happens not so often.

• Brohoof 2

Shout and pout!

If I can, then I just walk it off. I don't like stewing an angry Rosie stew if I can avoid it. 

play counter strike (I play better angry and letting off steam) - used to do this a lot when living with my Ex. If i was in an angry bad mood, then I'd put the game on. 

Listen to angry music from my teens - Linkin Park, 30 Seconds to Mars, Paramore and Limp Bizkit (and still Lostprophets)  are great venting bands. Singing my heart out to their songs really helps me. Not had to do it for a while though. 

I tend to just sit quietly and let it pass. Granted I've been accused off bottling my anger, and while it may be true, it's worked for me for years. I just sit and let something I enjoy occupy me my mental capacities; sometimes with music in the background.

• Brohoof 1

While it has been getting better over the past year or so, I have a rather bad history when it comes to anger problems. Before, if it would get really band and my stress levels are high enough, I would usually punch something. That something being my face. Yeah, not exactly the best way to do it, even if it did help. It was more of the anger getting projected towards myself. Luckily that doesn't happen much anymore, though in rare occasions it still can.

These days, I try to channel the anger into something like music. Listening to music that can match the anger can help, especially since I tend to rock back and forth or headbang to music. That helps me to relax. If not that, then I will either go on a walk or eat something. Eating definitely helps, but it isn't exactly the best choice.