Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you do to release anger?

DubWolf

I get lost in music and I always have. Whenever I feel pain, depression or anger I go to music as my refuge/safe haven.

Edited by Gone Airbourne
  • Brohoof 1

When I get angry, I seek a quiet place to calm down and I usually end up crying afterwards because of how much it can negativity effect others and myself. I hate being angry sometimes and I try to relieve my anger through thinking about the good things or the lighter side of my problem. 

• Brohoof 2

First up, I grab the keys to the cage locks. Then I visit the-

...Oh, you mean the emotion.

Well it depends whether it's a sudden thing making me rage, or anger slowly building up. The former, I don't always have a way to exteriorize it safely; I can hit or slam things.

The latter, I can grab my wrists and keep a good grip for a while, for example. Or cuddle my plush donkey, Samson. There's another third way but it's a bit PG-18... /)-3-(\

• Brohoof 2

Hit myself, often in the leg, until I leave bruises. Punch myself in the head sometimes too, throw things around, slam doors, punch and kick walls, scream until my throat's raw and hurts. Curse myself out, insult myself, call myself derogatory names. Or, I vent to my friends, a lot. Which tends to either annoy or really worry them after I do it a lot, probably lost a few friends for doing that, so that sucks.

Yeah, not healthy, I guess. But nothing else works and I don't like myself at all.

• Brohoof 2

I stop thinking, take a deep breath, try to relax,and close my eyes.It normally calms me down during such stressful and angry situations.If I have my stress ball with me it could be useful as well. :) 

• Brohoof 2

If I'm angry about a thing, I usually bottle it up and *poof* it's gone within a second.  As for people I would tell  them to their face in a casual way,. Which, meh depends. 

Edited by TBD

I usually don't get mad just irritated. What I do when I DO get mad is draw, listen to music, or take a walk. Basically I find a distraction that I enjoy. When feel like I cant calm down, I do my best to confront the problem head-on. 

• Brohoof 3

First of all, when I get legitimately angry, you'll know. Some of the posts I made over a month or 2 ago are examples of that.

Most of the time, I'm more sad than mad. Yeah, my face is more wet from tears than red from rage.

As for releasing anger, it depends. Recently, I'd just storm out of the room and stay away from whoever made me angry. Thanks goodness some forums have an "Ignore Users" option.

If I'm really angry, (which is a bit rare for me) I usually end up punching a pillow or yelling into one, alone where no one can see me. Sometimes I end up snapping at others who try talking to me when I'm really angry, and I just hate that I do that. I'm working on it though. But anyway I don't get anger issues thank Celestia :D

Edited by Lucky Bolt

Sports :P

And especially very exhausting sports, to this day I have to thank sport for my mental stability it helps me staying calm and I"ve learned many other thing like respect, fairplay, I learned to trust in myself, not to fear. If you want to release anger, do some boxing. Or any other fighting sport.

When I am feeling angry or just generally frustrated, it usually makes me feel better to express my feelings to someone else even if they are not involved in the situation.

I'm livid a good portion of the time; I've gotten pretty good at hiding it. 

My dad was abusive when he got angry. I promised myself I would never be like him. I try to take it out on myself when I can't keep my anger inside any longer--I punch myself, bite myself, etc. It's not healthy, I know, but it's better than the alternative.

Edited by Kings&Hooves14

You use a hammer to hammer, a crowbar to pry, and and flamethrower for pest control. Basically, different tools for different objectives. 

Anger has many different flavors. Sometimes comedy is the solution, sometimes I need to write. I write often to wrangle, focus, or express many ideas. I am generally not an angry individual, though this last year has probably seen every limit I have ever had fully tested, and in a few cases these limits have been shattered. Rage and anger is not an emotion that I can allow to sit unchecked ... because it is rarely an idle one. 

Lately I've found something that helps tremendously to purge rage. Something I once thought was not for me, and I've tried more than a few times in the past. 

MeditationDepression.jpg

That, is my magic bullet. I still write to focus myself and address some things, but meditation ... it just works for me when things get too ... Hulk. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

The closest thing I’ve gotten to being angry is annoyed, and when I am so I just go upstairs to my room (when I’m home) — isolating myself from the ones that do make me annoyed, and just… do my thing. I change back to “normal” pretty easy. :orly: But I have never been angry, so I wouldn’t know what I’d do then.