Ask a women's hockey player anything

Pieburner

(edited)
3 hours ago, SparklingSwirls said:

You're a girl? Huh, I always thought you were male :wacko: 

Yep, name's Jordan

3 hours ago, Gernia said:

Ever been in a fight?

Actually, only one since goalies don't get much fighting action. 

3 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

Hockey crowds always bigger in Canada? 

I could say yes, but so far i've only played games in Japan, USA, and Canada. 

Edited by WisePie
  • Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, WisePie said:

Yep, name's Jordan

Actually, only one since goalies don't get much fighting action. 

I could say yes, but so far i've only played games in Japan, USA, and Canada. 

Huh. Didn't know Japan even partook in hockey. I only figured them for soccer, baseball and combat sports.

Huh. Didn't know Japan even partook in hockey. I only figured them for soccer, baseball and combat sports.

They have a myriad of sports in Japan, those sports are just the most popular there. 

1 minute ago, WisePie said:

They have a myriad of sports in Japan, those sports are just the most popular there. 

How are the crowd reactions for such a physical, western sport? Cause from what I've observed, Japanese audiences tend to be, reserved isn't the right word, respectful in regards to their feedback. 

How are the crowd reactions for such a physical, western sport? Cause from what I've observed, Japanese audiences tend to be, reserved isn't the right word, respectful in regards to their feedback. 

They really enjoy it in Japan but the crown reaction is nothing compared to New England, Northwest USA, and Canadian crowds.

Just now, WisePie said:

They really enjoy it in Japan but the crown reaction is nothing compared to New England, Northwest USA, and Canadian crowds.

Figured. They tend to be pretty quiet until the action heats up. Almost as if waiting on cue for the right moment. Also a lot less rowdy.

Not surprised about Canadian and discount Canadian crowds. 

If you could sit down and have dinner with any famous hockey player, who would you choose and why?

I've never played hockey but I'm a pretty big fan. I follow my home team, the Colorado Avalanche, pretty closely along with the DU Pioneers of college hockey. Also got to touch the Stanley Cup at an event before an Avs game this past March.

Figured. They tend to be pretty quiet until the action heats up. Almost as if waiting on cue for the right moment. Also a lot less rowdy.

Not surprised about Canadian and discount Canadian crowds. 

I wouldn't really call New England and the Northwest discount Canada. They actually are pretty different from Canada. Another pretty nice crowd area is New York-Penn, they have pretty loud crowds there.

3 hours ago, Prospekt said:

If you could sit down and have dinner with any famous hockey player, who would you choose and why?

I've never played hockey but I'm a pretty big fan. I follow my home team, the Colorado Avalanche, pretty closely along with the DU Pioneers of college hockey. Also got to touch the Stanley Cup at an event before an Avs game this past March.

I would choose Patrick Roy because he's the one who made me want to a goalie, I loved going to games at the Forum and watching him play. Whenever I watch something that catches my whole attention, I get very inspired. For example I saw Michelle Creber and Gabe Brown at Bronypalooza and took up some voice acting.

Lemme give you some advice here. Don't touch Stanley. Ever. It's disrespectful.

• Brohoof 3

Let me ask you this.  When and why did you decide to get into hockey? And if goalie wasn’t available, what other positions would you play? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Wingnut said:

Let me ask you this.  When and why did you decide to get into hockey? And if goalie wasn’t available, what other positions would you play? 

I was about 5 when I moved to Canada. I saw my neighbors playing hockey on some pond, and I was enthralled. My dad saw as well and asked the kids if I could play some and if they could teach me. This is where I learned the game and also where I picked up Quebecois french. 

I feel like I can't answer the other question because I feel I was put on this Earth to play goalie even though it wasn't my first position taught to me.

3 hours ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

Wow! I've never met a hockey player before! :pinkie:

Here is my question: Is the protective gear you wear uncomfortable? 

It kinda is when you put it on for the first time, but you will get used to it very quickly.

Edited by WisePie
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, WisePie said:

It kinda is when you put it on for the first time, but you will get used to it very quickly.

Neat! Have you ever gotten injured throughout your career? Like bruises or maybe broken bones? 

25 minutes ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

Neat! Have you ever gotten injured throughout your career? Like bruises or maybe broken bones? 

I have suffered many injuries during my career as do many players. My worst injury would have to be a fractured collarbone I suffered last season. 

• Brohoof 1

Ouch. Like that time I broke a leg when i was riding... and stitches on my forehead.... those arent my only injuries. anyways i think its really cool that youre a hockey player! My best friends are figure skaters, so whenever i go skating with them, we go early in the morning so that there arent too many people. It never snowed where I live, so we have to go to an ice rink in some mall, and, of course, i havent touched snow until i moved out of belgium when i was seven. But sometimes their are hockey players and it looks amazing. My question:

How tiring is it to play hockey?

(edited)
3 hours ago, RDash11 said:

What's it like wearing all that padding on you? You don't feel like fainting from wearing all that?

The padding really protects you and more modern padding has technology that prevents fainting or something similar.

11 hours ago, Nature Tune said:

Ouch. Like that time I broke a leg when i was riding... and stitches on my forehead.... those arent my only injuries. anyways i think its really cool that youre a hockey player! My best friends are figure skaters, so whenever i go skating with them, we go early in the morning so that there arent too many people. It never snowed where I live, so we have to go to an ice rink in some mall, and, of course, i havent touched snow until i moved out of belgium when i was seven. But sometimes their are hockey players and it looks amazing. My question:

How tiring is it to play hockey?

It is a very tiring sports, but truly the fatigue doesn't catch up until after the game.

Edited by WisePie
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Mirage said:

Did you become a Pirate??!?!???

DO WHATCHA WANT COZ A PIRATE IS FREE, YOU ARE A PIRATE!

No, but my new profile pic is a parody of a former AHL team named the Portland Pirates. Since Nightmare Night is over I wanted to switch back to a hockey parody.

• Brohoof 1

While I wait for more questions, lemme tell you a story.

While I was in Seattle for a tournament, I had some time to kill before my game so I thought I'd go see the Space Needle. While I was in, I was awestruck by the Seattle skyline. I took my eyes off it for a moment but really didn't pay attention. I then bumped into the glass door and broke my nose. I literally couldn't play for the rest of the tourney.

• Brohoof 3

Still no questions, okay. Another story, then.

During a practice, I felt pretty tired so I wanted to take my drink. As I squeeze my drink bottle, I don't feel anything come into my mouth. That's because I squeezed it away from my mouth, and others saw as well. It was a pretty good laugh though.  

• Brohoof 3

35 minutes ago, WisePie said:

Still no questions, okay. Another story, then.

During a practice, I felt pretty tired so I wanted to take my drink. As I squeeze my drink bottle, I don't feel anything come into my mouth. That's because I squeezed it away from my mouth, and others saw as well. It was a pretty good laugh though.  

lollol

It happens to the best!

Top 3 most awesome NHL players?