Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What has been the worst meal you ever had?

Reecejackox

I remember one time I stopped by a small country cafe after picking up some supplies from a distributor around the area for some pipe work I was doing.

You can usually expect unhealthy from such places, but oh man. Every single item on the menu was fried in the same horrible greasy breading. Chicken, fried green tomatoes, and mushrooms. You shouldn't be able to mess that up. I was sick at my stomach for three days

• Brohoof 1

When I was on Peru in 2012, I had this green rice with what I think were red onions. The smell was pretty bad, worse than the taste, which was kind of sour. I was really hungry, so I went to eat it anyway, but the others with me didn't take much of a bite and I can't really blame them. Some of the food I tried in Peru was great, like the Alpaca meat, but that rice had a rather nauseating smell and was an all-around bad experience.

the only bad thing I had was when I got some barbeque chicken for lunch which was incredibly dry. I'm not talking really drier, I'm talking Sahara Desert dry.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, PuddingPonyPal said:

I once ordered a soup from a restaurant and it literally smelled and tasted like BARF.  

Did you know that a fatty acid present in human vomit that gives it its distinctive taste and smell is the same in various cheeses? Probably other dairy/meat products too, I imagine.

If we don't know what we're eating we can imagine it to be either and our body reacts accordingly. Body chemistry is interesting.

Oh...and, uh....sorry to hear about your barf soup

Edited by Ivan The Adorable
  • Brohoof 3

I can't really think of one particular case, but the worst meals I have are usually when the meat is all rubbery and dry, or really spicy (way too many "Turkish" food places and shops do that).

There was a time, for example, that my dad took us to a fancy restaurant nearby and I asked for a "well-done" steak. Turns out each restaurant more or less has its own standards and the meat turned up partially carbonized. Couldn't ask for "medium" either because they make it raw-ish inside and that doesn't agree with my bowels.

• 3 weeks later...

About 10 years ago, I bought some Berry Burst Cheerios from a store and I noticed that some of the cereal clumped together. I didn't think too much about it so I continued to eat it. Two days later, I ended up having to go to the hospital with severe abdominal pain. The doctors originally though I had a ruptured appendix but it turned out that I contracted some sort of virus and I'm 99.9999% sure it was from that cereal. 

• 3 months later...

I really couldn’t eat the cafateria food at my old school. Every time I did, I would throw up. I ended up being the only kid in that school to bring my old lunch. (I also couldn’t bring PB&J sandwiches, even though literally nobody in my school was allergic.) I also think that the cafeteria food came from a pipe out of a truck (Like hospital food.) Also, apparently their version of tacos were some of those multigrain round chips with the meat and other toppings to the side. (That isn’t even a taco.) It also smelled really bad. 

:eww:

A couple of years ago, I ate some pork chops for meat my dad butchered from one of his pigs. The meat tasted somewhat rotten, and was so tough I could hardly even eat it. I'm, actually surprised it wasn't worse considering the meat sat out in 100 degree weather for AT LEAST THREE DAYS before it even GOT butchered and when he was in the middle of butchering, he wouldn't put some of the meat in ice like he should have and instead left it out even longer in that weather. I should have gotten ill. I was freaking lucky I didn't.

When I was in preschool I remember being fed chicken pot pie on occasions and then spinach on others. I could not eat either. They were so disgusting. My mom started sending a homemade sandwich with me everyday.

The fact that I remember this after over twenty years when I was in my early childhood tells you how bad it was for me. lol

Edited by Envy

Tried making lentils one time and I kept adding different seasonings to it.  Didn't add any extra water or anything, just seasonings.  Long story short, it was unsurprisingly terrible.  I tried making burgers out of it but it tasted just as bad, good thing I had some sauce on hand at that time.

I had a burger at a restaurant known as "The Five Guys" only to discover later that what they gave me hadn't been properly cooked. The inside of the burger had red colouring which shouldn't have been there and I ended up getting food poisoning. I've never been back there since and my dad felt extreme guilt for dismissing my concerns when I presented it to him at the time I consumed it.

I went to this Chinese place one time and had some chicken, but apparently they had some kind of honey dressing or something like that which made me gag a lot.

I would not say it was actually bad, I just didn't like it.

Years ago I went with my family to The Keg and, being that I was a stupid teenager at the time, I ordered the most expensive item on the menu, Crab and steak.

It was awful. The steak was tough and chewy, the crab was paltry and barely qualified as an appetizer, the asparagus was dry and, to top it all off, the Long Island Iced Tea I ordered tasted like floor cleaner. I took one sip and nearly did a spit take.