Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler Villain That Had The Greatest Impact On Equestrian History

Castle Bleck

After Shadow Play, I'm going to have to go with The Pony Of Shadows.

Sure, he didn't actually get to do much of anything; nevertheless, he's the reason that the Pillars disappeared (thus forcing Celestia and Luna to pick up the slack against the likes of Discord, Sombra, etc.), and he (as Stygian)'s also the one who brought them together in the first place (meaning that without him, we might've never gotten the Elements/Tree Of Harmony).

Basically, he's the Pony equivalent of Vaatu from the Avatar series.

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

Is Sombra really the second greatest? I always believed The crystal empire was not really Equestria. 

Also Discord had a great impact. He was the reason the elements were discovered and I think he inspired quite a lot of ponies. Like Tirek said in season 4: 'You are Discord, you are legend!'

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Hierok said:

Also Discord had a great impact. He was the reason the elements were discovered and I think he inspired quite a lot of ponies. Like Tirek said in season 4: 'You are Discord, you are legend!'

TFW you realize that you forgot such details...

I would say Nightmare Moon had the greatest overall impact; though the Pony of Shadows does come close.

Personally I would say Sombra had more impact than Discord.

• Brohoof 1

No poll? For shame. 

Spoiler

You could say the Pony of shadows, but he wasn't the one who caused the pillars to disappear. They made that choice themselves. And Stygian only became that way because of Star Swirl's pride and ego. So is Star Swirl the greatest villian? It could be interpreted that way. 

So I'm gonna go with Sombra, since he did banish both an entire city state and race of ponies from time and space. Who knows how different Equestria might have been had the crystal empire still existed for 1000 years. 

If im being cheeky, Starlight did actually create a dozen alternate timelines. That's a lot of history

But more in the spirit of things, I guess the absence of an entire region of Equestrian due to Sombra is as big as you can get. it's hard to say whether that's more of an effect on history than the Pony of Shadows or Discord who both have set off a chain of events due to the need to create the tree of harmony and subsequently force the royal sisters to take the elements from it

1 hour ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

It was just a fancy way of beating myself up for forgetting that stuff about Discord. ^_^

Alright. Sorry, but that was to fancy English for me. :D

If it weren't for the Pony of Shadows there would be no Elements of Harmony, no Tree of Harmony, meaning nothing to defeat Discord (I doubt ponehenge could contain him, Limbo is a realm he likely has access to anyway) Starswirl would have lived a full normal life.

Yeah it's him, Discord comes in second, than NMM, followed by Sombra. Tirek didn't do jack 1,000 years ago.

Edited by Ryanmahaffe