Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First 4 Equestria Girls Series Shorts are up

SaburoDaimando

They're available on the Discovery Go website(TV Subscription required).  However, someone had the audacity to extract them and upload them onto Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3B_3CYzqc  Pinkie Sitting- Pinkie Pie babysitting a little kid with a Smartphone(Played by Tabitha St. Germain)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SJPVQXgIw  A Queen of Clubs- Rainbow Dash and Applejack compete to who can be apart of the most school clubs(Reminds me of a Tiny Toons' short The Year Book Star)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yb8x0p07s  A Fine Line- Sunset Shimmer waiting in line for the new video game "Tirek's Revenge."  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bPcUJyboPk School of Rock- Twilight sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rarity helps Maud with her Museum Tour.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, SaburoDaimando said:

They're available on the Discovery Go website(TV Subscription required).  However, someone had the audacity to extract them and upload them onto Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQ3B_3CYzqc  Pinkie Sitting- Pinkie Pie babysitting a little kid with a Smartphone(Played by Tabitha St. Germain)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7SJPVQXgIw  A Queen of Clubs- Rainbow Dash and Applejack compete to who can be apart of the most school clubs(Reminds me of a Tiny Toons' short The Year Book Star)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6yb8x0p07s  A Fine Line- Sunset Shimmer waiting in line for the new video game "Tirek's Revenge."  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bPcUJyboPk School of Rock- Twilight sparkle, Pinkie Pie and Rarity helps Maud with her Museum Tour.

What!!!!!!!

I thought it won't be till 11/17!

19 minutes ago, Cahead2015 said:

So they're leaked then? First MLP now this?

Definitely not a leak, since it is a 100% official source. But even still... *sigh* MLP just can't escape Discovery Family even when it tries...

As for the shorts themselves, they definitely weren't bad overall, though I really, really hope the later shorts will get a lot more substantial in terms of plot and expand beyond the 2 1/2 minute run-time. Put simply, I will genuinely be ticked if none of them go into Sunset’s Equestrian roots…

The one I enjoyed the most was probably "School of Rock" for the interesting use of Maud in this world.

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Definitely not a leak, since it is a 100% official source. But even still... *sigh* MLP just can't escape Discovery Family even when it tries...

As for the shorts themselves, they definitely weren't bad overall, though I really, really hope the later shorts will get a lot more substantial in terms of plot and expand beyond the 2 1/2 minute run-time. Put simply, I will genuinely be ticked if none of them go into Sunset’s Equestrian roots…

The one I enjoyed the most was probably "School of Rock" for the interesting use of Maud in this world.

Hopefully a good few is 4 minutes rarely speaking that is.

Just now, Toon4Thought said:

Frankly, even that wouldn't be enough. I feel 7 minutes would be the minimum to tell a meaningful story, preferably 10.

That is too much to ask for…unless something huge is gonna happen in the end.

1 minute ago, Midnight Blaze 98 said:

They were all fun, but I was expecting 20 minute episodes with a bit more of a plot. Hopefully the later ones will be!

I was never expecting 20 minutes, but I just want them to be long enough for the plots to have legit substance.

Again, there are several aspects of Sunset Shimmer that are outright BEGGING to be explored. Unfortunately, K. Hadley said on Twitter that they don't decide the stories, so... that sucks.

• Brohoof 4

20 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Although my only criticism to that short is, they can't just do that too those fossils they are very fragile after all

5 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

I was never expecting 20 minutes, but I just want them to be long enough for the plots to have legit substance.

Again, there are several aspects of Sunset Shimmer that are outright BEGGING to be explored. Unfortunately, K. Hadley said on Twitter that they don't decide the stories, so... that sucks.

Especially if they are to reveal Sunset's doppelganger, like this⤵

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Cahead2015

I haven't seen any of them yet as hopefully they will be put on demand, where I can watch it legally, I am a little disappointed that they were the same length as the EQG Summertime Shorts.  I was hoping for 7-11 minute episodes.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, cmarston1 said:

I haven't seen any of them yet as hopefully they will be put on demand, where I can watch it legally, I am a little disappointed that they were the same length as the EQG Summertime Shorts.  I was hoping for 7-11 minute episodes.

Me freakin' too. They need to be able to tell stories of actual substance. Don't get me wrong, these are fine for what they are but... I've stressed about Sunset's untapped potential way too much by now.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

I'm disappointed myself, so far they're pretty good though

3 minutes ago, Toon4Thought said:

Me freakin' too. They need to be able to tell stories of actual substance. Don't get me wrong, these are fine for what they are but... I've stressed about Sunset's untapped potential way too much by now.

And a good amount of her potential is coming across her doppelganger

12 minutes ago, Cahead2015 said:

And a good amount of her potential is coming across her doppelganger

I mostly just want to see her really start to think about what she left behind in Equestria. Reconciling with Princess Celestia, giving it an extended visit...  maybe even genuinely start to miss her hooves, magic, and environment.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Toon4Thought said:

I mostly just want to see her really start to think about what she left behind in Equestria. Reconciling with Princess Celestia, giving it an extended visit...  maybe even genuinely start to miss her hooves, magic, and environment.

I'm fine with that too.

3 minutes ago, The Artist Formerly Known As A.V. said:

That's basically my take.

They're good, but could be longer.

I went them longer myself

1 hour ago, SaburoDaimando said:

That's what I thought.  Then someone at Derpibooru broke the news.

To be on the safe side, I downloaded all 4 shorts from the Youtube page.

That's right, watching some derpibooru pics, I've stumbled upon these one, so I immediately sought the episodes here, since EQD didn't have them

• Brohoof 1

I think these are still part of the normal shorts(they just use the new outfuts). And we'll probably see the actual show itself in the 17th.

These were all pretty good though, The Pinkie Sitting one is ridiculously adorable and the Queen Of Clubs reminds me of how much I miss the AJ/RD rivalry

• Brohoof 5

2 minutes ago, Kiryu-Chan said:

I think these are still part of the normal shorts(they just use the new outfuts). And we'll probably see the actual show itself in the 17th.

They are at the very least going to be on YouTube though, meaning they are likely at least part of the series. Also they each get their own credit sequence, which is fairly interesting.

• Brohoof 1