Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

3 items to survive. What are they?

Sweetcake

Suppose you are trapped on an island that has high potential for food and shelter, but you have to find your perfect tools and utilities in order to thrive in this land. Don't worry about water. There is place that has fresh water in the forest.

You can see your boat slowly sinking after an accident that left you stranded. There is no way to fix the boat, but you have enough time to grab items. What do you get?

• Brohoof 2

The three items I would grab (or more likely get stuck with) would be; 

A Multitool- because it'll give me the illusion of productivity

A book- I have absolutely no focus or drive so i'd probably end up reading a book for a bit

And thirdly, I'd go for A blanket- nice to cozy up with, because I have no doubts I'd barely survive on an island but I know i wouldn't be able to get a fire going on the first night there

• Brohoof 2

Camping supplies: Stuff to make sure I don't freeze at night, and don't bleed out

A rifle: I mean what American wouldn't bring a rifle with them to a deserted island

An axe: to gather fire wood, or for when I run out of bullets

• Brohoof 1

A knife: to make sharp sticks

A lighter: Makes fire starting a bit easier

A book on living on deserted island, joking aside, I would bring a fishing toolbox, I could use the stuff in it to make different items

• Brohoof 1

Compass: I've been lost in the woods before without means of telling direction. This is the most likely thing to make you dangerously waste time and energy in the wilderness if you have to travel at all to gather supplies.

Flintstriker: Even providing I could learn to teach myself how to properly start a fire with primitive tools, something that instantly sparks for hundreds of uses is invaluable

Hatchet: Could be used to gather resources quickly and help with shelter construction.

I guess you could opt for a different blade depending on what kind of environment you needed to set up in, but I can't really think of anything I'd want over this combination.

• Brohoof 2

Multitool: Best thing to grab that can be used to make other tools and help you get settled on the desert island. Some even come with magnifying lenses and tweezers, so it would be incredibly useful.

A pan: I need something to cook and purify water in. Plus, if it's shiny enough, I can use it as a makeshift signal for help. Could also use it as a bludgeon if all else fails, though I run the risk of damaging it.

A lighter: Although I could use other means to start a fire, getting warm and dry after being in the ocean is incredibly important. Plus, fire can be used to keep predators away, provide light, and make signals.

Edited by TigerGeekGuy
  • Brohoof 1

Here's my 3 items I would use for survival:

Knife. Most basic and most useful tool. A machete even better.

Grenade launcher for fishing. I'm a lazy bastard. Otherwise a good gun for hunting.

A solar panel with a small battery. Because you know, I wanna charge my phone so I can listen to music. While I butcher a rabbit.

• Brohoof 1

1) my smartphone (hopefully the battery isn't flat yet) in a plastic bag until I'm on dry land

2) satellite tranceiver (same thing) assuming there's no reception on the island

3) blanket for warmth (until help arrives at the location I describe)

• Brohoof 1

I would grab another boat. There are no rules that state what you can't grab. So, I would take another boat. Also, I would take someone that knows how to drive a boat. Don't want to crash that one too.

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, SpiBaz said:

I would grab another boat. There are no rules that state what you can't grab. So, I would take another boat. Also, I would take someone that knows how to drive a boat. Don't want to crash that one too.

you can take three items so technically.... you could take another boat AND take a back up boat in case that boat crashes, too

• Brohoof 3

1. Magnesium Stick/ Striker - Better than a lighter or matches because it won't run out or need to be refilled

2. Blade - Many good uses for hunting, building, etc.

3. First Aid Kit - Need to keep my health a top priority or everything else I do will be pointless

• Brohoof 2

1. First aid/tools kit (all the things I need is in this kits)
  2. survival book guide
  3. food and water.
  • Brohoof 1

I guess the first thing I would take with me is a knife because I would need it as a tool and also as a weapon if I must protect myself of what ever. A first aid kid would be also good. And I guess the third thing would be a lighter (even better a storm lighter) because I would need time to learn how I make fire and the lighter would bridge the first days. 

• Brohoof 1

A block of wood large enough to use as a boat and sturdy enough, a good motor that won't break in a storm and could be attached to the boat, and a large tank of gas that would last for a week

I ain't living on the island. I'm escaping. Byeeeeee.

Now about food and water so I don't starve to death or dehydrate out in the ocean? :blink:

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

An absurdly bright flashlight (So I can use it to signal the mainland. Probably wouldn't be far away.)

A knife (Using to write an SOS signal, and perhaps get food if I have to wait long enough.)

A book (So I can read for the duration of my short wait.)

I'm assuming it wouldn't be far away in my case because I have a fear of deep water.

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
  • Brohoof 1

I would hate to be stranded there so I'd take anything that could help get me off the island. The satellite transceiver and powered phone sound like a good idea, and probably a flare gun too just in case.

Almost anyone would go crazy being isolated for too long :blink: 

Edited by SparklingSwirls
  • Brohoof 1

On 3/11/2017 at 4:48 PM, Yakamaru said:

Grenade launcher for fishing. I'm a lazy bastard. Otherwise a good gun for hunting

The next Robinson Crusoe everyone.

A pack of cigarettes, spare underwear and an assault rifle, preferably a loaded one. 

I think I'm about ready to be the king of the island.

Edited by Crewman
  • Brohoof 1