Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching EQG: Heroes and Villains of Manehattan (2 slots open)

Buck Testa

14 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

Allure is a changeling and Calcine is a dragon. And I'm fine with hashing out details.  

Changelings already get shapeshifting as a secondary power, so because you double dipped in shape shifting I'll let you have a more potent variety of it. 

I call the power Method Actor: due to her shyness and her love of comics and anime, she has the power to "become" some of her favorite anime and comic book characters. While she is in this Method Actor form, she believes that she is these characters and acts as they would in such a situation. this form can include weapons, costume, and other props that the anime or comic book character has with stipulations. Chief of them being you cannot throw a "weapon" created by your shapeshifting, as it is part of your body.

Though she is stronger in this state, and is more durable, she does not completely copy the character of choice one for one. She is still not invulnerable or shoot laser out of her eyes no matter if she looks like supergirl or not. Thus comes the drawback of this particular ability. If something happens to the character that wouldn't happen in their story, or you cannot perform an action that character could, it will break your immersion, and thus knock you out of the Method Actor state. The shock and disorientation will temporarily cause your powers to turn off until you perform a long rest. 

Method Actor is your super move, your high risk ability. It can only be activated when you have your secondary characteristics on (the changeling wings, ears and fangs). becoming a fun and theatrical character to fight with is definitely encouraged. 

You'll still have your other shapeshifting abilities, but Method Actor will be your strongest offensive ability with it. 

That sound interesting?

Shoot me a PM about the villain thing if you want. 

• Brohoof 1

10 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

Changelings already get shapeshifting as a secondary power, so because you double dipped in shape shifting I'll let you have a more potent variety of it. 

I call the power Method Actor: due to her shyness and her love of comics and anime, she has the power to "become" some of her favorite anime and comic book characters. While she is in this Method Actor form, she believes that she is these characters and acts as they would in such a situation. this form can include weapons, costume, and other props that the anime or comic book character has with stipulations. Chief of them being you cannot throw a "weapon" created by your shapeshifting, as it is part of your body.

Though she is stronger in this state, and is more durable, she does not completely copy the character of choice one for one. She is still not invulnerable or shoot laser out of her eyes no matter if she looks like supergirl or not. Thus comes the drawback of this particular ability. If something happens to the character that wouldn't happen in their story, or you cannot perform an action that character could, it will break your immersion, and thus knock you out of the Method Actor state. The shock and disorientation will temporarily cause your powers to turn off until you perform a long rest. 

Method Actor is your super move, your high risk ability. It can only be activated when you have your secondary characteristics on (the changeling wings, ears and fangs). becoming a fun and theatrical character to fight with is definitely encouraged. 

You'll still have your other shapeshifting abilities, but Method Actor will be your strongest offensive ability with it. 

That sound interesting?

Shoot me a PM about the villain thing if you want. 

I like it. I was originally gonna go with a shy character who expresses herself through transformation, yet gets stuck in situations were she has to use her powers boldly and cleverly. 

But yeah, this works better. A meek nerd who becomes an over the top campy super hero. Or villain. Or magical girl. or video game character. Or a parody of a character. Or a horse. Lots of potential. 

1 minute ago, Denim&Venom said:

I like it. I was originally gonna go with a shy character who expresses herself through transformation, yet gets stuck in situations were she has to use her powers boldly and cleverly. 

But yeah, this works better. A meek nerd who becomes an over the top campy super hero. Or villain. Or magical girl. or video game character. Or a parody of a character. Or a horse. Lots of potential. 

You still can do that, perhaps in more non combat situations (which there will be). Having her main attack form be a persona she can adopt works with her character though. That temporary confidence boost gives her what she needs to jump into the fray.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Buck Testa said:

You still can do that, perhaps in more non combat situations (which there will be). Having her main attack form be a persona she can adopt works with her character though. That temporary confidence boost gives her what she needs to jump into the fray.

Almost like a split personality. She puts on the 'mask', she becomes a different person. 

And this could play into the larger scheme of the game. The city could notice a huge spike in super heroes saving  the day all across the city, when in fact, it's only allure. 

• Brohoof 1

@Buck TestaDoes everyone get a super move? What would I get, since I'm using my racial secondary to pack in most of the pony talent? :blink:

Did some minor touch up recently. Let me know if anything bothers you.

I can see some relationships forming here, guys.

@Denim&Venom I can see your hero character really enjoying spending time on geeky stuff with Lektra, while your villain wouldn't like her cause of her day job.

@WiiGuy2014 I can imagine my character knows your character, since he was a student where she teaches. Do you object to them being acquainted?

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 2

3 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I can see your hero character really enjoying spending time on geeky stuff with Lektra, while your villain wouldn't like her cause of her day job.

I can see both getting involved. Both are very intelligent. One doesn't like the attention of begin called smart, and the other doesn't bother anymore cause of how many times she's clashed with teachers. Because teachers don't like being told that they're wrong. 

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Buck TestaDoes everyone get a super move? What would I get, since I'm using my racial secondary to pack in most of the pony talent? :blink:

Did some minor touch up recently. Let me know if anything bothers you.

I can see some relationships forming here, guys.

@Denim&Venom I can see your hero character really enjoying spending time on geeky stuff with Lektra, while your villain wouldn't like her cause of her day job.

@WiiGuy2014 I can imagine my character knows your character, since he was a student where she teaches. Do you object to them being acquainted?

Yes everyone gets a super move. Yours would be an EMP blast. You can use all the charge in your body to knock out all the tech in the large area, which will require a long rest before you can recharge again. Depending on the situation that's a particularly potent move. A similar feat was done in Static Shock, which your characters abilities are based off of. 

Just now, Buck Testa said:

Yes everyone gets a super move. Yours would be an EMP blast. You can use all the charge in your body to knock out all the tech in the large area, which will require a long rest before you can recharge again. Depending on the situation that's a particularly potent move. A similar feat was done in Static Shock, which your characters abilities are based off of. 

Wouldn't that kill all the tech she's wearing as well? I guess since finding the geode she would build hers to be insulated? Would this be ok?

1 minute ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Wouldn't that kill all the tech she's wearing as well? I guess since finding the geode she would build hers to be insulated? Would this be ok?

An inventor like your character would definitely have such a contingency. I'll allow it. 

• Brohoof 1

@Buck Testa

Since my character is a method actor who copies appearances, can she also have the ability to copy their motions and mannerisms? Essentially she'd also be a muscle mimic, copying fighting styles by sight like Task Master. Because she wouldn't make a very good Batman, Ryu, Scorpion or Walker, Texas Ranger if she didn't know how to fight either. 

(edited)
8 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

@Buck Testa

Since my character is a method actor who copies appearances, can she also have the ability to copy their motions and mannerisms? Essentially she'd also be a muscle mimic, copying fighting styles by sight like Task Master. Because she wouldn't make a very good Batman, Ryu, Scorpion or Walker, Texas Ranger if she didn't know how to fight either. 

Yes, she can copy their moves while she is in their form. A skilled martial artist of similar strength would probably be able to outmatch mimicry of fictional fighting styles, but for most cases it will seem legit enough. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

51 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

@Lektra Bolt

No, I wouldn't object. They can know each other to say hi there, so a shy, introverted person like Will can at least have someone to help him open up.

I, the member, may know @Techno Universal from other RPs, but there's no in-universe reason for Will to know Techno here. Your character has been to the same school, so yeah. They could help each other.

@Buck Testa

I noticed that in the list of approved characters in the OP, Will Guide is renamed as Will Grade. Was that intentional? If so, why?

• Brohoof 1

31 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Lektra Bolt

No, I wouldn't object. They can know each other to say hi there, so a shy, introverted person like Will can at least have someone to help him open up.

I, the member, may know @Techno Universal from other RPs, but there's no in-universe reason for Will to know Techno here. Your character has been to the same school, so yeah. They could help each other.

@Buck Testa

I noticed that in the list of approved characters in the OP, Will Guide is renamed as Will Grade. Was that intentional? If so, why?

Yeah probably in this RP Techno and Will would probably know each other from being friends in school or just being in a few classes together! :)

42 minutes ago, Techno Universal said:

Yeah probably in this RP Techno and Will would probably know each other from being friends in school or just being in a few classes together! :)

Just remember: Will is not exactly a social butterfly, but I suppose he would have known Techno from school despite Will being a few years older than Techno. 

@Buck Testa

Actually, can I have Will's exact age be more closer to Lektra and Techno? Like he'd graduated from high school early and so has graduated from University at about 18?

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Just remember: Will is not exactly a social butterfly, but I suppose he would have known Techno from school despite Will being a few years older than Techno. 

@Buck Testa

Actually, can I have Will's exact age be more closer to Lektra and Techno? Like he'd graduated from high school early and so has graduated from University at about 18?

Yeah probably Will would remember Techno as this mysterious and very quirky person. Like often Techno would wear his massive cape at school and he got known for it. Like he got bullied over it in the beginning but earlier in the year that the RP is taking place in he did an all school psychology lecture where he was talking about why the capes were such a good thing and the positive psychological effects they had. So after that point Techno actually got a reputation as one of the best and most unique students in the school. But still Will would probably see him as a strange and mysterious person that always got bullied! :)  

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Buck Testa

No problem. We're still in the planning process so things like age are easily adjustable. 

@Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt @WiiGuy2014 @silvermoon15000 @Denim&Venom

Five heroes is a pretty solid roster I think. I can start getting into the next phase of the planning process. It looks like Most if not all the characters are going to be revolving around a university. If we can get everyone in the University, then that would be a good socializing hub for the characters outside of their costumes. 

I also have an idea of how your characters will find out their hero identities: Each of your characters have been investigating a criminal group called the Talon Organization, and they have all traced this organization's activity to a certain Manehattan Dock. Though each of you will show up separately, you will be working together when the proverbial shit hits the fan. It will be the team's maiden voyage. 

• Brohoof 2

29 minutes ago, Buck Testa said:

No problem. We're still in the planning process so things like age are easily adjustable. 

@Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt @WiiGuy2014 @silvermoon15000 @Denim&Venom

Five heroes is a pretty solid roster I think. I can start getting into the next phase of the planning process. It looks like Most if not all the characters are going to be revolving around a university. If we can get everyone in the University, then that would be a good socializing hub for the characters outside of their costumes. 

I also have an idea of how your characters will find out their hero identities: Each of your characters have been investigating a criminal group called the Talon Organization, and they have all traced this organization's activity to a certain Manehattan Dock. Though each of you will show up separately, you will be working together when the proverbial shit hits the fan. It will be the team's maiden voyage. 

Yeah like even though Techno is still only 16 he might be like a high achiever so he graduated from high school early and this could be like his first year of university! Anyways that starting story sounds really good! :)

Wait costumes? I'm perfectly comfortable with a Superman situation, but in reverse. Lektra would wear her goggles to just not have a face identification. If we're doing costumes I guess I'll just gender bend Virgil's costume and adjust the color if that's OK.

I actually kinda like the ages we turned out with. In general I can blend in at school, and anyone who isn't or hadn't been a student wouldn't get on her case for being a teacher. *pokes Denim*

Speaking of costumes, there is such a thing as being too flashy. Techno I don't know if you were ever told this before, but this is especially true with superheroes: If your cape is huge enough to trip over or wraps around your body that's not a good thing. I feel your character, at least in this RP, would have made the cape out of his power. Make it a hologram that you just started using later, so it's not actually real to the touch and wouldn't potentially impair your actions. Maybe only wear it while you're fighting crime

A hero who's tangled in their cape would be a hindrance to themselves and others 

Edited by Lektra Bolt

41 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Wait costumes? I'm perfectly comfortable with a Superman situation, but in reverse. Lektra would wear her goggles to just not have a face identification. If we're doing costumes I guess I'll just gender bend Virgil's costume and adjust the color if that's OK.

I actually kinda like the ages we turned out with. In general I can blend in at school, and anyone who isn't or hadn't been a student wouldn't get on her case for being a teacher. *pokes Denim*

Speaking of costumes, there is such a thing as being too flashy. Techno I don't know if you were ever told this before, but this is especially true with superheroes: If your cape is huge enough to trip over or wraps around your body that's not a good thing. I feel your character, at least in this RP, would have made the cape out of his power. Make it a hologram that you just started using later, so it's not actually real to the touch and wouldn't potentially impair your actions. Maybe only wear it while you're fighting crime

A hero who's tangled in their cape would be a hindrance to themselves and others 

I say let the cards fall where they may. If design flaws in a costume is exploitable, I say that just adds to the drama. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Do we have to do it now? Real Life stuff means I won't be able to put a lot of thought into my posts until Monday. Weekends are ironically my job days.

I usually encourage people I play with to post a maximum of every 3 days, as life stuff is inevitable, but for me it sometimes happens I don't post for a week. I assume Buck won't penalize you either if you make everyone wait for a legitimate reason and warn ahead of time like this

5 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Do we have to do it now? Real Life stuff means I won't be able to put a lot of thought into my posts until Monday. Weekends are ironically my job days.

Not at all, I would rather posts be slower and more thought out than quick and sloppy anyway.