Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Sup brahs? 'Nother year, 'nother season! Season 7 was pretty cool, wasn't it? Can we expect the same this season, or even better? :D  Any predictions of what might happen? Episode ideas? Which characters might return, or what's going to happen with the main cast? Let's talk about it here! :D

• Brohoof 7

List of wants in no particular order. 

Spike Egg Origin

Gilda

RD getting to lead in a Bolts thing. 

Less meta (it was fun but let's not over salt the show)

Lightning Dust return

Starlight chilling with Rarity or Dash

Evolve SugarMac to engagement. 

Pip getting a cutie mark

Kill Sparity 

Can I get a Rarity and Twilight episode already? 

• Brohoof 9

I hope season 8 to even surpass season 7 and 2. Hype!

Hopes:

• More Discord episodes.
  • Backstory Luna and Celestia
  • Queen Chrysalis return (Never reformed)
  • Sombra return
  • Introducing Grogar
  • Spike gets a bigger role.
  • Focusses more on Starlight and Trixie.
  • Sunsets return.
  • Songs with the orchestra. I really hope the songs will be as good as Disney songs with the orchestra. If we only get pop songs with orchestra I will be very disappointed. 
Edited by A Honorable Mentioned Hierok
  • Brohoof 4

13 minutes ago, A Honorable Mentioned Hierok said:

Introducing Grogar

Bless you! I'm shocked that didn't end up on my list. Grogar .... and I would like it to be somehow connected to Spike since Grogar and Dragons may have a past depending on legend.

• Brohoof 3

19 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Bless you! I'm shocked that didn't end up on my list. Grogar .... and I would like it to be somehow connected to Spike since Grogar and Dragons may have a past depending on legend.

I actually hoped he would have been connected to the pony of shadows, but since that is a missed oppurtunity, I hope Chrysalis will follow him after she fled in the premiere. He could have been the one who corrupted Luna and Stygian.

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

:please: *Ahem* I'd also like a Minuette return too if it isn't too much to ask.

Minuette is definitly a character that needs to return.

Edited by A Honorable Mentioned Hierok
  • Brohoof 1

Alright, my updated list, in no particular order:

Big Mac and Sugar Belle episode

More Princess duties for Twilight (the new school makes that pretty likely)

Starlight/CMC episode

More/better Starlight-Main six interaction

More Spike

Give Fluttershy a new, more significant path, like learning healing from Meadowbrook and Zecora

Starswirl and Royal Sisters episode

Starswirl and Twilight/Starlight episode (both would be awesome)

Starlight backstory

• Brohoof 2

My wishlist:

• Zebraland
  • more backstories
  • more villains from the past generations (apart from Grogar, I want to see Catrina, esp. as catpeople are canon now)
  • at least one direct reference to the movie
  • a proper episode about Rarity's parents
  • Scootaloo's parents, at least a hint
  • more speaking roles for existing background ponies
  • an appearance of Moondancer (I'm very biased here, obviously)
  • Brohoof 2

My wishlist:

1) Make BigMac propose to Sugar Belle.

2) More Starlight and Trixie. plz

3) A Cadence/Shining Armour episode.

4) An episode based on the origin/creation of Chrysalis.

• Brohoof 5

My hopes:

A Flash Sentry meets Flash Magnus episode

Scootoaloo's aunts appearing

Scorpan appearing

Chrysalis and Tirek staying evil

Fluttershy and Spike episode

Twilight and Rarity episode

Starlight and remane 5 interaction

Sunset Shimmer episode

Spike finally getting over his crush on Rarity

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, SpiBaz said:

My wishlist:

1) Make BigMac propose to Sugar Belle.

Why not make Apple Jack an aunt then? :D

13 minutes ago, SpiBaz said:

4) An episode based on the origin/creation of Chrysalis.

This already is explained in the comics I believe.

• Brohoof 1

SugarMac needs to die already. This ship is......god, it's horrendous. "You sexually harassed me and entered my property without permission but sure i'll date you anyway!" Give me a fucking break.

1 hour ago, Jeric said:

Evolve SugarMac to engagement

No. Stop it. Bad Jeric. No SugarMac. SugarMac bad.

4 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

very subtle anti-drug abuse episode with Rainbow Dash.

Why Rainbow Dash? And I doubt an anti-drug abuse Aesop will get pass the censors. Hasbro wouldn't want the ponies associated with drugs, simulated or otherwise.

Just now, ggg-2 said:

Why Rainbow Dash? And I doubt an anti-drug abuse Aesop will get pass the censors. Hasbro wouldn't want the ponies associated with drugs, simulated or otherwise.

I meant something like she fans a magical item that makes her faster than ever, and she gets dependent on it. As for why Rainbow Dash? She's the athletic one... besides Applejack.

29 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

No. Stop it. Bad Jeric. No SugarMac. SugarMac bad.

Son, you would have better luck convincing me to drop Rarity as my favorite character. 

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Censors fell asleep in season 4 because they snuck one in. ;)

28 minutes ago, heavens-champion said:

very subtle anti-drug abuse episode with Rainbow Dash

Can we please not? Like seriously, I am beyond sick to death of seeing Rainbow Dash not only being the guinea pig for these episodes, I am beyond sick of death of her getting stuck with all the episodes where she does something irredeemably stupid and needs to be spoon fed with how wrong she is for it, and an episode of her doing drugs/steroids would just be pouring more gasoline into the fire, and I sure as hell know i’m Not alone in this 

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Kiryu-Chan said:

Can we please not? Like seriously, I am beyond sick to death of seeing Rainbow Dash not only being the guinea pig for these episodes, I am beyond sick of death of her getting stuck with all the episodes where she does something irredeemably stupid and needs to be spoon fed with how wrong she is for it, and an episode of her doing drugs/steroids would just be pouring more gasoline into the fire, and I sure as hell know i’m Not alone in this 

It was just an idea.

• The topic was pinned

Well, probably appropriate to pin this one now. ;)

That said, in no particular order...

Sunset cameo at the very least; all I ask.

Deer that are sapient and have their own kingdom. It doesn't have to be Thicket with Aspen, Blackthorn, and Bramble. I just was sapient deer in the show!

Bring us some Grogar and Tambelon! Necromancer goat with haunted lost kingdom? Bring it on!

Give us something on Saddle Arabia and Maretonia!

How about the zebra-lands?

Maybe some sort of parent-related episode for Scootaloo, and Spike's origins as well.

1 hour ago, A Honorable Mentioned Hierok said:

This already is explained in the comics I believe.

It has, though I wonder how it fits now with how the changelings currently are. According to the comics they were born...bad, I guess? Not sure if that fits in with their current status, though I could be wrong on that.

• Brohoof 5

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Son, you would have better luck convincing me to drop Rarity as my favorite character. 

giphy.gif

Face it, SugarMac is terrible. As for wanting Big Mac to move off the farm, you clearly don't understand why that doesn't work. "The Apple family's purpose is to spread out across Equestria." Except it's not. And there's at least two instances that conflict with your logic. The Last Roundup and Brotherhooves Social. In the former, the thought of losing Applejack saddened the Apples greatly and brought Big Mac to literal tears, with Granny saying the following: "Our little bushel just lost one Apple." (certainly not the first time their bushel has lost Apples, hint hint, Bright Mac and Buttercup.) In the latter, which is one of my favorite episodes and had one of the most beautiful endings in the show thus far, (hell of a lot better than this shit episode) Apple Bloom has her moment with her big brother and says "And I know you'll always be here if ah need you." How can he always be there for her if he moves so far away? Like I said, your logic is flawed.

Things I would like to see

- Celestia and Luna's parents

- A starlight/discord episode

- A slice of life episode about the princesses

- A few episodes about Starswirl and his team

- Chrysalis reformation done 'right' or in a way that makes sense, maybe Tirek drains her magic like he betrayed Discord or something

- Less pinkie pie, and mane 6 focus. Too much of them, they've been around for 6 years and its time for something newer, not completely getting rid of them tho

- Discord and Zecora interacting

- Zecora and Trixie interacting

- More worldbuilding / backstory on the world / better worldbuilding and backstory

- Celestia and Luna's fillyhood shown in a flashback or something

- Starlight not becoming an alicorn

- New villains

Edited by Chrysalium

14 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Deer that are sapient and have their own kingdom. It doesn't have to be Thicket with Aspen, Blackthorn, and Bramble. I just was sapient deer in the show!

What did you think of that comic arc? I just finished it and was pretty underwhelmed by the overall conflict.

During the Season 8 teaser, Chrysalis pulls a curtain down over the show and says "Don't let your kids watch it or they'll use the magic of friendship!"

More Rarity episodes.

The Background Six sing a We Are Number One parody called We're The Background Six.

Luna, Moondancer, and Trixie sing the Climax Mix of Fly Me To The Moon from Bayonetta during an epic mass brawl.

The return of unicorn twins Fizzy and Galaxy, complete with quality action scenes.

34 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

Face it, SugarMac is terrible.

You just wrote a wall of text that I shall expertly parry with a deft ... "I don't feel the same way". 

Here's how I look at it. 

I keep suggesting that I would like to see a specific something, to literally nobody in particular, and each time you do this thing where you try and pull me aside and act as if you are trying to prove me wrong, change my opinion, or make me believe that something I would like to see isn't something I would like to see. 

I want SugarMac to be a permanent thing, I love the idea of the relationship, I want them engaged and married, and I think it would be a great narrative touchstone to see the conflict and resolution involving Big Mac moving off Sweet Apple Acres. That's my idea of what I hope to see. If it happens ... sweet. If not that's fine. It's still that I want. I ain't here peeing in your Cheerios, and I am certainly not going to pull the childish move of saying that you shouldn't have the personal desires to see what you want to see. 

Holy shit ... two opinions that are counter to one another and can coexist in the same world! What madness is this? 

giphy.gif

Seriously man, take a deep breath and relax. You aren't going to change my mind, I'm not going to change yours, and there really isn't a reason to even try. You like vanilla ice cream and I like chocolate. You know what ... I'll be over here enjoying mine. Pay me no nevermind. You'll be a happier guy for it, trust me. 

• Brohoof 1