Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

23 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Hide contents

you know? I'm curious about Grogar. Was it really mentioned he will be the show's final villain? I'm skeptical, but maybe it just happen I've missed the mail mentioning his appearance 

:huh:

Spoiler

He isn't the final villain, the concept vector thing was for the s9 premiere

13 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Hide contents

you know? I'm curious about Grogar. Was it really mentioned he will be the show's final villain? I'm skeptical, but maybe it just happen I've missed the mail mentioning his appearance 

:huh:

Spoiler

Predicted scenario

Chrysalis unleashes Grogar in a last ditch attempt to become a queen again.

Grogar needs hate and fear to grow his powers. To do this he revives King Sombra to help achieve his goal. 

4 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I must have missed it, or forgotten :huh: . Still, I hope for the stakes being higher than ever

Spoiler

I am positive they will be, at least in the context of a premiere, the stakes haven't seemed so high since maybe FiM or RoH. Seems much more like a finale opener with two major villains right off the bat.

It would be AWESOME if Spike would turn out to be the hero in the series finale! :D

If the Elements get destroyed, what if all hoped lies with Spike because after spending time with the Mane Six, he learns and masters all six elements, and therefore, IS the Elements! Perhaps I'll make a post about that sometime in the future!

:D 

2 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

It would be AWESOME if Spike would turn out to be the hero in the series finale! :D

Hide contents

If the Elements get destroyed, what if all hoped lies with Spike because after spending time with the Mane Six, he learns and masters all six elements, and therefore, IS the Elements! Perhaps I'll make a post about that sometime in the future!

I would consider it one of the biggest copouts of the series.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

I would consider it one of the biggest copouts of the series.

It could also be one of the biggest plot-twists! It would be really good so as long as it's done correctly! ;) 

As far as I know there's a theory I've heard that king Sombra might return in the 8th season finale.

Edited by Guest

Just now, Ryanmahaffe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Season 9 premiere, actually.

W/e mate, just wanted to express my opinion and what I have heard.

Reveal hidden contents

I am just saying, I am not correcting to be a dick or anything, just excited for it.

No hard feelings, man.

And likewise, can't wait for the new episodes, I'm specially excited about the season premiere and finale!

Spoiler

And I also replied to increase my content count which is preety low atm.

Edited by Guest

9 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

No, it wouldn't be really good, it would be a major asspull

Is that how you felt when Starlight was the hero of the S6 finale? If so, then alright. I understand where you're getting at.

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

If this turns out to be the truth, I'm betting a hundred bits on somebody making a Spike parody of the Avatar: The Last Airbender intro.

And it would be a callback to The Crystal Empire, Part 2, right? He's already a hero in his own right in the eyes of the Crystal Ponies. But this would be a chance to further assert his status as the greatest dragon in the world apart from the Dragon Lord herself.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, MegaSean45 said:

Is that how you felt when Starlight was the hero of the S6 finale? If so, then alright. I understand where you're getting at.

How are those remotely similar? Starlight was built up as a main character for the season and teamed up with other reformed baddies (kinda) to face the Changelings, the only thing that was dumb was how all the major players were kidnapped by the changelings.

Spoiler

You are suggesting Spike becomes god tier master over all the elements of harmony and vanquishes the most evil baddies of all time. Completely different. I wouldn't mind seeing Spike take out Sombra in some BS way though, history repeats itself

How are those remotely similar? Starlight was built up as a main character for the season and teamed up with other reformed baddies (kinda) to face the Changelings, the only thing that was dumb was how all the major players were kidnapped by the changelings.

Reveal hidden contents

You are suggesting Spike becomes god tier master over all the elements of harmony and vanquishes the most evil baddies of all time. Completely different. I wouldn't mind seeing Spike take out Sombra in some BS way though, history repeats itself

I just want Spike to have a finale. Somepony else is already is the hero in the S8 finale. He doesn't have to be the main solution, I guess. But people state he's in the Mane Six, so I was thinking, hey, why is he in the Mane Six and yet doesn't have an element? Then again, why make him part of the Mane Six in the first place? Seems only natural that he would be just part of his own group of friends, and I thought the S6 finale in Starlight's team was where he would fit in the most. But since he wasn't there, then the writers are saving him for something else. 

12 minutes ago, Ryanmahaffe said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Season 9 premiere, actually.

Wait, S9 premiere, you say? So if the S9 premiere is Sombra, and the finale is Grogar? Where are they gonna have room for Tirek and Scorpan? Yeah, Tirek is in the S8 finale, but I don't think as a main villain.

12 minutes ago, bwrosas said:

and where these concept arts for S9?

They were among the leaked assets, so we can't post them nor link them to here.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

4 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

I was hoping there would be betrayals, fights or having the show being serialized....

Even if the show isn't formally serialized, I at least want a tangible story arc in between the slice of life episodes. And it sounds like, given a particular plot development early in Season 8, we might actually get something of that sort:

Spoiler

The School of Friendship in Ponyville.

But I haven't looked too much into individual synopses, and I've only watched one leaked episode, so I don't know for sure. Just a theory. Or maybe wishful thinking.

Actually.... Spike doesn't need to be the hero of the season 9 finale! 

If he's gonna be the leading character in the 44 minute holiday special between seasons 8 and 9, that'll be good enough for me!