Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

19 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

Actually, it was a Big Mac/Spike/Discord/CMC episode! Pretty much all the major supporting characters besides Glimglam!

Spoiler

Yes it was, but if Discord is in the episode I always call it a Discord episode. I want more of those.

48 minutes ago, RulesofRarity said:
  Hide contents

8 seasons and finally an episode focusing on Celestia! :D

Which one? :ooh: I think I saw all the leaked episodes, but not one about her.

8 minutes ago, Hieroklicious said:
  Hide contents

Yes it was, but if Discord is in the episode I always call it a Discord episode. I want more of those.

Which one? :ooh: I think I saw all the leaked episodes, but not one about her.

Spoiler

Episode 7 of Season 8, titled ‘Horse Play’. 

Edited by RulesofRarity
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

She and Spike are closer in age than Ember, at least.

True. I wondered a bit why some thought Ember would be better for Spike than one of the Mane 6 since she wasn't that much younger in terms of maturity than any of them. (Years-wise, Ember is a dragon so she's probably much older than any of the Mane 6, however.)

Spike also has a new-found connection with Thorax:

Spoiler

Their species both go through rushed pupa stages to get to their next form. :lol:

18 minutes ago, Truffles said:

True. I wondered a bit why some thought Ember would be better for Spike than one of the Mane 6 since she wasn't that much younger in terms of maturity than any of them. (Years-wise, Ember is a dragon so she's probably much older than any of the Mane 6, however.)

Spike also has a new-found connection with Thorax:

Reveal hidden contents

Their species both go through rushed pupa stages to get to their next form. :lol:

I think the orange dragon is older than Spike, but not by much.

I'm so proud of Spike!

Spoiler

He's finally got WINGS and has been keeping in touch with Peewee the Phoenix we barely saw! 

Why, I'm so happy, I'll be doing my sign-spinning job today with much more enthusiasm!

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

She and Spike are closer in age than Ember, at least.

I was informed that she:

Spoiler

actually is a he - a prince in fact. That doesn't mean they won't be shipped by the fandom, but it certainly won't ever happen in the canon of the show.

2 hours ago, ggg-2 said:

Once again, 

Hide contents

Didn't watch the whole thing, but congrats, Spike! You're not special anymore! Have fun going through life as a generic winged dragon.

Spike has lots of traits that still make him special compared to other dragons, like being the only known hero dragon in Equestria and one of very few who support the concept of friendship. My only downer on the whole situation is Scootaloo doesn't have anyone she can relate to anymore.

• Brohoof 2

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 2:33 PM, Jeric said:

List of wants in no particular order. 

Spike Egg Origin

Gilda

RD getting to lead in a Bolts thing. 

Less meta (it was fun but let's not over salt the show)

Lightning Dust return

Starlight chilling with Rarity or Dash

Evolve SugarMac to engagement. 

Pip getting a cutie mark

Kill Sparity 

Can I get a Rarity and Twilight episode already? 

Especially Spike's origin. Now that Ember is queen, a mulligan on Dragon Quest is possible 

Also, "Just how strong IS Fluttershy https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=my+little+pony+dragon+quest+fluttershy&&view=detail&mid=D9D2DDE8154C729CCF3AD9D2DDE8154C729CCF3A&FORM=VRDGAR Dash is pretty strong, but Fluttershy clearly overpowered her

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

How would you rate/rank the leaked episodes, from best to worst?

I only watch 2 of them, episode 8 and 13. I dont know how to rank ep 13 in 6 episodes but i certainly put episode 8 in the bottom, which featured my most favorite character, that ep is very mediocre, which is a bit sad to me.

20 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

I watched the ones with:

the Celestia play, Spike-Big Mac-Discord and with Chrysalis. The episode in the middle being my favorite by far. Really enjoyed seeing the three of them interact together, loved the Discord-Spike moments and with Discord helping Big Mac out in the end.

Love how sarcastic/snarky Spike was in this episode: "For a formerly friendless immortal despot you're pretty cynical."

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 3

On 12/17/2017 at 8:19 PM, VG_Addict said:

I only saw three:

Spoiler
  1. Surf and/or Turf (episode 6): This CMC episode also addresses divorce. Silver Stream's brother, Telamar, feels very pressured and believes the divorce is his fault, a sentiment seen very commonly among kids of divorced parents. There's also a well-done conflict between Scoot and SB.

Not recommended to folks who haven't watched the FIM Film. You must see it before this one.

Current grade: A-/A
  2. Molt Down (episode 11): This episode changes the status quo, but does so very underwhelmingly. The climax is very toned down, and Rarity's sudden ear infection was just a contrived excuse to have her captured by the roc along with Zecora. Seeing the closeup of the roc's claws clenching made me wanna throw up, though it's not a grossout joke and not an actual problem. The joke of people not being able to hear him when the tone's low got old real fast.

But if there's one thing to give credit, Spike does grow. Here, a set of wings. And, no, he doesn't lose them. It takes him a while to fly, but gets used to it very quickly. Wanna see his new form put into greater use later.

Grade: B-
  3. The Parent Map (episode 8): Not a big fan of it. Pacing's slow, and the dialogue is clunky, but the background score (one of the only ones from the leaked episodes) is fine, and some of the jokes were good. Firelight (SG's dad) and Stellar Flare (Sunburst's mom) treat their kids like actual fillies instead of grown ponies, and they're really upset at it. But when you consider what they went through previously, you can't blame them. Starlight went on a really dark, broken path after Sunburst was taken away, while Sunburst is basically an Equestrian Squib.

The episode would do a lot better had we as an audience see their parents watch them struggle and agonize. But to leave it confined to exposition makes the resolution hollow.

Grade: C+

That said, none of them are genuinely bad in any way.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

Breakup Breakdown is my favorite so far

Does it have full sound effects?! ;3 Should i watch it?

@Dark Qiviut If that ep got better dialogues (ep 8), it would be a decent episode at least but it didnt so its sucks. The episode just feel like it isnt going anywhere, it's so boring to watch. The only thing I like about this ep is that edgy room with that goddamn skull guitar (that guitar looks sick). 

4 minutes ago, Buttonmash1973 said:

Not full sond effects. I recommend a watch.

Nah, soundtracks are important parts of animation. I will wait for full experience. I have watched episode 13 without sound effects and it feel off, i dont know it because the episode, the acting is not good or the lack of sound effects made it look... not good.:blink:

• Brohoof 2

Watched another last night. And it may be one of the ten best of the series:

Spoiler

The Break Up Breakdown (ep. 10): Holy. Shit! This was INCREDIBLE! Everything was absolutely flawless.

1. This episode is completely hilarious. Every single joke landed. My favorites are:
    1. Discord throwing shade at V-Day's commercialization.
    2. Love music playing in the background as BM runs to Sugar in slow-mo.
    3. Spike teasing Discord for having a possible crush on FS.
  2. But the episode isn't simply funny. It also applies heart when needed, too, and it was all organically placed, adding an extra layer into the plot. Couples won't always get along. Sometimes they'll struggle, argue, or have a difficult time. The healthy ones work it out at the end. That happens here. Big Mac and Sugar Belle behave like a legit couple here. In addition, BM feels like a legit character, and not just because he doesn't repeat the same one-liner as a gag. His lines vary in personality, and the degree of noise easily indicate whether he's happy, sad, scared, or angry.
  3. Breakdown follows up three episodes: Hearts & Hooves Day, Hard to Say Anything, and especially Dungeons & Discord. The continuity nods don't hammer you over the head, and when it's explicit, it's interwoven so well.

Speaking of interwoven, I don't know who's the nut responsible for thinking Big Mac, Discord, and Spike would work well as a trio. Whoever it is, give them a gold medal! The chemistry between all three is extremely natural, like they knew each other for a long time, but keep in mind that Discord joined them two seasons ago. OTOH, Spike apparently learned under Discord's tutelage real quickly, 'cause their banter is absolutely hilarious. Discord and Spike tease each other a lot here, but nothing crosses the line, and it's all in good fun. Clearly, they're great friends.
  4. This episode may be Spike's best appearance to date. Not joking. Spike fans will LOVE his role here! :D
  5. Big Mac developed exponentially here. Throughout, he tries to figure out how to openly admit his feelings without fear, and through trial and error, he figured it out. After this conflict, he's more open. Whether he'll talk more or not later's unknown.
  6. But Discord's the trump card here, and TBUB is among his best appearances to date. He doesn't give sound advice, though he means well. And he salvages BM and Sugar's relationship in his own, clever way.
  7. Even the B-plot (the CMCs accidentally receiving the Valentine's pie and trying to figure out who Sweetie's secret admirer is) was excellent. In both episodes I watched featuring them, they step up and are written very well.
  8. The dialogue is perfect. Not one clunky line anywhere, varying degrees of emotion and length, and so clever! :D
  9. The two morals are absolutely fantastic.
    1. "Don't assume. Communicate with your friends, and everything will work itself out."
    2. "Don't be afraid to openly admit your feelings. Those who care for you will listen and understand." <--- This one may be my top lesson of S8 when it's all done.

Other than the montage love songs, there's no background score or sound effects. But with or w/o 'em, it's one of the best episodes to date, and I can't wait for the final product! :D

Grade: A/A+

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 4