Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

4 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Watched another last night. And it may be one of the ten best of the series:

Hide contents

The Break Up Breakdown (ep. 10): Holy. Shit! This was INCREDIBLE! Everything was absolutely flawless.

1. This episode is completely hilarious. Every single joke landed. My favorites are:
    1. Discord throwing shade at V-Day's commercialization.
    2. Love music playing in the background as BM runs to Sugar in slow-mo.
    3. Spike teasing Discord for having a possible crush on FS.
  2. But the episode isn't simply funny. It also applies heart when needed, too, and it was all organically placed, adding an extra layer into the plot. Couples won't always get along. Sometimes they'll struggle, argue, or have a difficult time. The healthy ones work it out at the end. That happens here. Big Mac and Sugar Belle behave like a legit couple here. In addition, BM feels like a legit character, and not just because he doesn't repeat the same one-liner as a gag. His lines vary in personality, and the degree of noise easily indicate whether he's happy, sad, scared, or angry.
  3. Breakdown follows up three episodes: Hearts & Hooves Day, Hard to Say Anything, and especially Dungeons & Discord. The continuity nods don't hammer you over the head, and when it's explicit, it's interwoven so well.

Speaking of interwoven, I don't know who's the nut responsible for thinking Big Mac, Discord, and Spike would work well as a trio. Whoever it is, give them a gold medal! The chemistry between all three is extremely natural, like they knew each other for a long time, but keep in mind that Discord joined them two seasons ago. OTOH, Spike apparently learned under Discord's tutelage real quickly, 'cause their banter is absolutely hilarious. Discord and Spike tease each other a lot here, but nothing crosses the line, and it's all in good fun. Clearly, they're great friends.
  4. This episode may be Spike's best appearance to date. Not joking. Spike fans will LOVE his role here! :D
  5. Big Mac developed exponentially here. Throughout, he tries to figure out how to openly admit his feelings without fear, and through trial and error, he figured it out. After this conflict, he's more open. Whether he'll talk more or not later's unknown.
  6. But Discord's the trump card here, and TBUB is among his best appearances to date. He doesn't give sound advice, though he means well. And he salvages BM and Sugar's relationship in his own, clever way.
  7. Even the B-plot (the CMCs accidentally receiving the Valentine's pie and trying to figure out who Sweetie's secret admirer is) was excellent. In both episodes I watched featuring them, they step up and are written very well.
  8. The dialogue is perfect. Not one clunky line anywhere, varying degrees of emotion and length, and so clever! :D
  9. The two morals are absolutely fantastic.
    1. "Don't assume. Communicate with your friends, and everything will work itself out."
    2. "Don't be afraid to openly admit your feelings. Those who care for you will listen and understand." <--- This one may be my top lesson of S8 when it's all done.

Other than the montage love songs, there's no background score or sound effects. But with or w/o 'em, it's one of the best episodes to date, and I can't wait for the final product! :D

Grade: A/A+

It's basically a supporting characters! Not a single Mane Six insight, and every major supporting character appears (excluding Starlight)!

• Brohoof 3

6 hours ago, Dark Qiviut said:

Watched another last night. And it may be one of the ten best of the series:

Reveal hidden contents

The Break Up Breakdown (ep. 10): Holy. Shit! This was INCREDIBLE! Everything was absolutely flawless.

1. This episode is completely hilarious. Every single joke landed. My favorites are:
    1. Discord throwing shade at V-Day's commercialization.
    2. Love music playing in the background as BM runs to Sugar in slow-mo.
    3. Spike teasing Discord for having a possible crush on FS.
  2. But the episode isn't simply funny. It also applies heart when needed, too, and it was all organically placed, adding an extra layer into the plot. Couples won't always get along. Sometimes they'll struggle, argue, or have a difficult time. The healthy ones work it out at the end. That happens here. Big Mac and Sugar Belle behave like a legit couple here. In addition, BM feels like a legit character, and not just because he doesn't repeat the same one-liner as a gag. His lines vary in personality, and the degree of noise easily indicate whether he's happy, sad, scared, or angry.
  3. Breakdown follows up three episodes: Hearts & Hooves Day, Hard to Say Anything, and especially Dungeons & Discord. The continuity nods don't hammer you over the head, and when it's explicit, it's interwoven so well.

Speaking of interwoven, I don't know who's the nut responsible for thinking Big Mac, Discord, and Spike would work well as a trio. Whoever it is, give them a gold medal! The chemistry between all three is extremely natural, like they knew each other for a long time, but keep in mind that Discord joined them two seasons ago. OTOH, Spike apparently learned under Discord's tutelage real quickly, 'cause their banter is absolutely hilarious. Discord and Spike tease each other a lot here, but nothing crosses the line, and it's all in good fun. Clearly, they're great friends.
  4. This episode may be Spike's best appearance to date. Not joking. Spike fans will LOVE his role here! :D
  5. Big Mac developed exponentially here. Throughout, he tries to figure out how to openly admit his feelings without fear, and through trial and error, he figured it out. After this conflict, he's more open. Whether he'll talk more or not later's unknown.
  6. But Discord's the trump card here, and TBUB is among his best appearances to date. He doesn't give sound advice, though he means well. And he salvages BM and Sugar's relationship in his own, clever way.
  7. Even the B-plot (the CMCs accidentally receiving the Valentine's pie and trying to figure out who Sweetie's secret admirer is) was excellent. In both episodes I watched featuring them, they step up and are written very well.
  8. The dialogue is perfect. Not one clunky line anywhere, varying degrees of emotion and length, and so clever! :D
  9. The two morals are absolutely fantastic.
    1. "Don't assume. Communicate with your friends, and everything will work itself out."
    2. "Don't be afraid to openly admit your feelings. Those who care for you will listen and understand." <--- This one may be my top lesson of S8 when it's all done.

Other than the montage love songs, there's no background score or sound effects. But with or w/o 'em, it's one of the best episodes to date, and I can't wait for the final product! :D

Grade: A/A+

I loved this one too, for all the same reasons. Though because of my own personal nature I felt like the main conflict could have been resolved quickly in a much more straightforward way. The payoff for drawing it out, however, was well worth it, so I'm not gonna complain.

I felt guilty after seeing this one, however, (and declined on watching any of the others) because between this and Spike's episode that follows it, this one really needed to have the full musical score to back up the poignant scenes between BM and SB. I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to see it again when it officially airs.

• Brohoof 2

You know I was thinking Starlight Glimmer and Sunset Shimmer should get there own elements of harmony and become new members of the mane 6 making it the mane 8 and Starlight's element would be the element of Justice and Sunset's element would be the element of Forgiveness this way we could see Sunset Shimmer a lot more as a pony than just the little amount you see her as a pony in equestria girls if she becomes a big role in My Little Pony friendship is magic we could see Sunset Shimmer a lot more as a pony 

I also think Cheese Sandwich should come back to Ponyville and ask Pinkie Pie out on a date 

I even found a great story about that online 

and I think at this point My Little Pony is better off not having a G5 and just continuing with G4 because G4 is doing amazing for Hasbro this generation is so popular switching generations could be risky for Hasbro knowing they could lose money and fans if they stop making the current generation and don't like G5 nearly as much could make Hasbro go downhill fast I mean at the rate there making money now My Little Pony friendship is magic could go on longer than the Simpsons if they wanted too

4 hours ago, Truffles said:

I felt guilty after seeing this one, however, (and declined on watching any of the others) because between this and Spike's episode that follows it, this one really needed to have the full musical score to back up the poignant scenes between BM and SB. I'm really looking forward to getting a chance to see it again when it officially airs.

I haven't seen the episode yet, but you have no idea how much I internally screamed in horror inside when I initially read that as Button Mash and Sweetie Belle. :twilightcutehat:

I know people say "so and so is the thing that that would make me leave the show" but I'm being serious, if the show legitimately acknowledged this dumb main and background character pairing (background and background is fine) I would immediately quit the show! 

Please leave that pairing just in the fandom.

Sorry, unnecessary rant out of the way. My Season 8 hopes is that at least something airs that is new to everyone :orly:

5 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

I usually don't watch any leaked content, but I may make an acception this time. If you guys had to recommend me to watch one of the leaked episodes, which would it be? 

It's difficult to say as an episode someone loves the other might not like as much. I saw three episodes. My favorite was "Break-up Breakdown." 

I look forward to watch the episodes when they air fully next year. 

Edited by JH24

6 hours ago, KH7672 said:

I haven't seen the episode yet, but you have no idea how much I internally screamed in horror inside when I initially read that as Button Mash and Sweetie Belle. :twilightcutehat:

I know people say "so and so is the thing that that would make me leave the show" but I'm being serious, if the show legitimately acknowledged this dumb main and background character pairing (background and background is fine) I would immediately quit the show! 

Oh, I'm sorry about that! I had never even realized those characters all had the same initials! XD

It's funny you should mention Button Mash and Sweetie Belle, though:

Spoiler

If anything, this episode throws cold water on the idea of the two of them becoming an officially shipped pair in the near future.

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Truffles said:

It's funny you should mention Button Mash and Sweetie Belle, though:

Reveal hidden contents

If anything, this episode throws cold water on the idea of the two of them becoming an officially shipped pair in the near future.

:yay: Yay!

7 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

I usually don't watch any leaked content, but I may make an acception this time. If you guys had to recommend me to watch one of the leaked episodes, which would it be? 

Out of the leaked episodes, my favorite are, to the point of being top of the whole series are

The Smolting (best Spike episode), and Surf and Turf

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

Out of the leaked episodes, my favorite are, to the point of being top of the whole series are

Hide contents

The Smolting (best Spike episode), and Surf and Turf

Mine too! :wub:

8 hours ago, SoberStarlight said:

There's also the Breakup Breakdown which I really love! There's no Mane Six, but it features all the major supporting characters (excluding Starlight) and makes use of all of them! It's really cool!

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 3

So in a summary

Spoiler

Spike gets wings

Lyrabon and Fluttercord implied as end game in the valentine episode

Tree of Harmony kills 6 sapient creatures

Fluttershy is the best teacher of the months at the school for 9 months so that much time passess between premiere and episode 9

Starlight do actually have parents or at least one parent

The events of the movie are canon as they are mentioned along with Storm King and Queen Novo

New intro probably is the same for the last season 9 as they are shown to be accomplished in their careers

Hang on, something doesn't add up.

Why does Chrysalis want revenge on the Mane Six? They did nothing to her. The only ones who foiled her plans are Shining and Cadance, and then Starlight, and Thorax stole her position.

2 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hang on, something doesn't add up.

Hide contents

Why does Chrysalis want revenge on the Mane Six? They did nothing to her. The only ones who foiled her plans are Shining and Cadance, and then Starlight, and Thorax stole her position.

Spoiler

I think she only did it to reach the elements of harmony and pull them out of the tree, because she see mane6 as de facto guardians of equestria and this need to be the first step to fulfill in order for her to gain upperhand and exact her revenge on Starlight Glimmer

• Brohoof 2

20 hours ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

@Conred

Hide contents

The Tree of Harmony just simply turned the Mean 6 back into the bark of the trees they were unnaturally carved from. I hardly call that "killing":okiedokieloki:

They were sapient creatures with own thought and ambitions. Their life was equally precious as the one belongoing to any changeling or other sapient creature.

2 minutes ago, Conred said:

They were sapient creatures with own thought and ambitions. Their life was equally precious as the one belongoing to any changeling or other sapient creature.

Please! Let's watch the entire season before we start making unfair conclusions about

Spoiler

The Tree of Harmony intentionally killing anything. The Tree was grown to watch over the Realm in the absence of StarSwirl and the Pillars. Killing is too extreme. 

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 2:14 AM, KH7672 said:

Sorry, unnecessary rant out of the way. My Season 8 hopes is that at least something airs that is new to everyone :orly:

i hope the same thing there should be something new for everyone 

8 hours ago, Conred said:

That scene is so disturbing that equivalent to the 'massacre' scene in Too Many Pinkie Pie but less humors, those melting faces will haunt you.

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

No Ember or Thorax in Season 8?

OK seriously, why does this show keep throwing away the interesting characters it already has so it can make new characters?

Who said they're not gonna be in S8? 

Just because there's no starring episodes with them doesn't mean they're not in it! ;) [/spoliler]

Edited by MegaSean45
  • Brohoof 2