Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

2 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Who said they're not gonna be in S8? 

Hide contents

Just because there's no starring episodes with them doesn't mean they're not in it! ;) [/spoliler]

MegaSean has a great point. Episode spoiler below:

Spoiler

One of the leaked episodes didn't hint two critical characters in the summaries.

Edited by Dark Qiviut

6 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

No Ember or Thorax in Season 8?

OK seriously, why does this show keep throwing away the interesting characters it already has so it can make new characters?

They are in the intro flying together

On 12/19/2017 at 8:14 PM, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

It's basically a supporting characters! Not a single Mane Six insight, and every major supporting character appears (excluding Starlight)!

Hide contents

And there is another episode that actually has the same theme as that one: the one where Maud falls in love with her own boyfriend and Pinkie Pie's super-best-friend-sister bond is challenged. So it's possible, both of these episodes could take place at the same time.

By the way, Fluttershy and Rarity were the only two Mane Six ponies mentioned by Spike in S8E10.

Edited by FirePuppy

Spoiler

To me, Discord didn't seem really in character in Breakup Breakdown. To me, it would make more sense for Discord to want to PREVENT Big Mac's relationship with Sugar Belle, in fear that it would disrupt the trio's dynamic. (Remember, Discord IS the jealous type)

2 hours ago, ggg-2 said:
  Hide contents

To me, Discord didn't seem really in character in Breakup Breakdown. To me, it would make more sense for Discord to want to PREVENT Big Mac's relationship with Sugar Belle, in fear that it would disrupt the trio's dynamic. (Remember, Discord IS the jealous type)

True, but I do like to think Discord has grown over time. He learned that lesson about jealousy before. He isn't entirely happy with it, but no longer actively tries to sabotage it because he has learned to trust in his friendship with Big Mac and Spike.

Edited by JH24

My season 8 wish list:

• The cutie map calls more pairings/CMCs
  • More Celestia and Luna backstory
  • Flim/Flam return
  • Applejack solo song
  • The Cake twins grow up physically
  • Trixie/Discord episode/interactions
  • More insight into Scoot's parents/family
  • Spike backstory
  • Lightning Dust returns
  • Epic villian that causes an all out war that causes Equestria to call for back-up (Yaks, Zebras, Saddle Arabians, Changelings, Dragons)
  • More Discord!

4 hours ago, ggg-2 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

I think that suppose to symbolise that he does care a bit about romantic love because seeing Big Mac and Sugarbelle happy together he somehow see himself and Fluttershy. And letting them fell apart would be like him and Fluttershy fell apart.

2 hours ago, flimjack154 said:

My season 8 wish list:

• The cutie map calls more pairings/CMCs
  • More Celestia and Luna backstory
  • Flim/Flam return
  • Applejack solo song
  • The Cake twins grow up physically
  • Trixie/Discord episode/interactions
  • More insight into Scoot's parents/family
  • Spike backstory
  • Lightning Dust returns
  • Epic villian that causes an all out war that causes Equestria to call for back-up (Yaks, Zebras, Saddle Arabians, Changelings, Dragons)
  • More Discord!
Spoiler

Season 8 Discord will only involve Spike and Big Mac in one episode and Starlight Glimmer in a second episode. But theres still hope for Trixie/Discord in S9.

On 12/21/2017 at 12:42 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

Please! Let's watch the entire season before we start making unfair conclusions about

Hide contents

The Tree of Harmony intentionally killing anything. The Tree was grown to watch over the Realm in the absence of StarSwirl and the Pillars. Killing is too extreme. 

Not simply watch over... protect. The Tree of Harmony maintains the light of the realm and keeps order and harmony, the mean 6 were going to use it's power for darkness, and the Tree took action against them.

I haven't watched much, just a tiny bit of the mean 6 and most of the Breakup Breakdown, and the song in Surf Turf

Spoiler

OMG, Breakup Breakdown is incredible. Discord, Spike, and Big Mac are all written so well and are all fun and interesting, it balances the Discord Spike plot, the CMC plot, and the central Sugarmac plot so perfectly, it brought laughs and feels. Seriously awesome work

Really looking forward to the official release of the season, so hype!

12 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

I meant besides the intro. 

I would say putting them in the intro the way they were shows we will get more development with their characters.

Oh and Yakity Sax is the only episode in the list I think sounds bad.

Okay, so I will now give a short expected thoughts on every episode based on the titles/synopses

Spoiler

School Daze I+II: Sounds like a low stakes premiere, but could have some great character moments from Twilight, expecting it to be a good yet middle of the road 2 parter
The Maud Couple: If Maud found a boyfriend it will probably be someone just like her, I wouldn't mind a male Maud, could be funny, decent
Fake it till you make it: Could be a fun episode, Flutters doing a Rarity job could be enjoyable, good episode.
Grannies Gone Wild: I..I don't know, sounds like it could be really funny. 
Surf and/or Turf: Yeah I am all for this, movie continuity, amazing episode inc
Horse Play: More Celestia is always good, great episode inc.
The Parent map: After learning from Haber about Starlights parents, I am definitely excited for this one
Non complete Clause: More of an introduction to the students, very interested in how they will work as characters.
Break Up Breakdown: Sounded okay, but I can confirm this episode is just amazing.
Molt Down: Sounds like an excellent Spike episode, back to the glory days of s6 Spike
Marks for Effort: Yeah okay, sounds cool
The Mean 6: I love when they do bigger more important episodes mid season, and from what I have seen, seems great.
A Matter of Principals: Discord and Starlight is a great recipe for awesomeness, great episode
Hearths warming club: Idk sounds like some good development for the studens.
Friendship University: Good premise, Starswirl is a great thing all around
The End in Friend: idk, seems like something that should have happened in season 1 or 2
Yakity Sax: No,I was wrong about Secrets and Pies being bad, but Pinkie Pie going this overboard AGAIN will damage the lesson of previous episodes
On the Road To Frienship: Yeah Startrix episodes are usually fantastic sooo, yes. Just yes.
The Washouts: Scoots and RD, no complaints here
A Rockhoof and a Hard Place: 2nd and last pillar appearance this season, can't say I am happy about that but hey, Rockhoof is cool
What Lies Beneath: This is very intriguing and sounds like it could be very important
Sounds of Silence: Nice sounding, AJ and Flutter is an interesting combo and sounds interesting enough
Father Knows Best: SPIKES DAD WOOOOOO
School Raze: I feel like we will see Cozy Glow before this finale, maybe she is in charge of the EEA secretly, I am not sure but we will find out, either way, two different plots, one on the surface and one in TARTARUS, very much looking forward to this

Final thoughts, I don't think this season will challenge 5 or 7 as my favorite season, but I do think it will match 4 for the second spot, sounds like a lot of great stuff.
Five songs should be good, hopefully they are all full songs and not parody like in Battle for Sugar Belle

Edited by Ryanmahaffe
  • Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Okay, so I will now give a short expected thoughts on every episode based on the titles/synopses

Hide contents

School Daze I+II: Sounds like a low stakes premiere, but could have some great character moments from Twilight, expecting it to be a good yet middle of the road 2 parter
The Maud Couple: If Maud found a boyfriend it will probably be someone just like her, I wouldn't mind a male Maud, could be funny, decent
Fake it till you make it: Could be a fun episode, Flutters doing a Rarity job could be enjoyable, good episode.
The Parent map: After learning from Haber about Starlights parents, I am definitely excited for this one
Non complete Clause: More of an introduction to the students, very interested in how they will work as characters.
Break Up Breakdown: Sounded okay, but I can confirm this episode is just amazing.
Molt Down: Sounds like an excellent Spike episode, back to the glory days of s6 Spike
The Mean 6: I love when they do bigger more important episodes mid season, and from what I have seen, seems great.
A Matter of Principals: Discord and Starlight is a great recipe for awesomeness, great episode
The End in Friend: idk, seems like something that should have happened in season 1 or 2
Yakity Sax: No,I was wrong about Secrets and Pies being bad, but Pinkie Pie going this overboard AGAIN will damage the lesson of previous episodes
On the Road To Frienship: Yeah Startrix episodes are usually fantastic sooo, yes. Just yes.
A Rockhoof and a Hard Place: 2nd and last pillar appearance this season, can't say I am happy about that but hey, Rockhoof is cool
What Lies Beneath: This is very intriguing and sounds like it could be very important
Sounds of Silence: Nice sounding, AJ and Flutter is an interesting combo and sounds interesting enough
School Raze: I feel like we will see Cozy Glow before this finale, maybe she is in charge of the EEA secretly, I am not sure but we will find out, either way, two different plots, one on the surface and one in TARTARUS, very much looking forward to this

Final thoughts, I don't think this season will challenge 5 or 7 as my favorite season, but I do think it will match 4 for the second spot, sounds like a lot of great stuff.
Five songs should be good, hopefully they are all full songs and not parody like in Battle for Sugar Belle

Episode 24 - the finale before the finale. It will be awesome as long as:

Spoiler

He doesn't go off with his dad and leave the show.

38 minutes ago, Truffles said:

Episode 24 - the finale before the finale. It will be awesome as long as:

Hide contents

He doesn't go off with his dad and leave the show.

Aw man, that would be feels, but but I doubt it.

3 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Hide contents
Spoiler

Well, if what's written about 

Spoiler

Spike's father 

in the synopsis is true, I'm going to be disappointed and will have to declare my head fanon about the subject to be in an alternative continuity. Should I still try to write the head fanon as fan fiction despite knowing that it's going to get jossed next year?

Edited by WiiGuy2014

2 minutes ago, WiiGuy2014 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spike's father 

in the synopsis is true, I'm going to be disappointed and will have to declare my head fanon about the subject to be in an alternative continuity. Should I still try to write the head fanon as fan fiction despite knowing that it's going to get jossed next year?

I mean it's fan fiction, it was never going to be canon so who cares. Just write it and publish it.
I mean imagine how people felt when they found out about Starswirl and the tree, didn't stop them.

• Brohoof 2

11 hours ago, Ryanmahaffe said:

Aw man, that would be feels, but but I doubt it.

I think he'll leave with him only temporarily just to see what his life would've been like if he wasn't with Twilight! I think this could be a musical! There's one confirmed song in there, but I'm sure more songs will be added in because there was like four songs in the leak list, and Daniel confirmed there to be a normal amount of songs, so I don't think they're finished yet!

;) 

8 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

I think he'll leave with him only temporarily just to see what his life would've been like if he wasn't with Twilight! I think this could be a musical! There's one confirmed song in there, but I'm sure more songs will be added in because there was like four songs in the leak list, and Daniel confirmed there to be a normal amount of songs, so I don't think they're finished yet!

;) 

Oh yeah it is certainly possible for the context of the episode, I though me meant Spike would leave for good.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 12:56 AM, MAIKUN said:

- Starlight becomes permanent evil again by betraying the Mane Six 

- CMC disbandment

- Starlight revealed as Twilight’s other Half a la Kingdom Hearts II

- Season-long story arc 

These Ideas are terrible you really think Starlight is just going take all the amazing progress she's made and just throw it away that would be very stupid that's probably not going to happen that would be very stupid of Starlight and what's with the CMC getting rid of their cutie marks that has literally never happened before and it's probably not going to happen either 

• Brohoof 2

All I desire for Season 8 is an episode that can top the finale to Season 4. By the sounds of it, Tirek, my favorite villain in the series, is returning which completely fills with with hope and anticipation.:grin:

Honestly, as long as Season 8 is as good or preferably even better than Season 7, then I'll be pleased.:grin:

15 hours ago, NathanW200 said:

These Ideas are terrible you really think Starlight is just going take all the amazing progress she's made and just throw it away that would be very stupid that's probably not going to happen that would be very stupid of Starlight and what's with the CMC getting rid of their cutie marks that has literally never happened before and it's probably not going to happen either 

Trust me NathanW200, it WON'T DESTROY the show at all....I rather see her becoming permanently evil again and the CMC disbanding instead! 

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 10:15 PM, WiiGuy2014 said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spike's father 

Spoiler

According to the synopsis, this dragon is CLAIMING to be Spike's father. keyword: "claiming". That should be a big tip off right there.

1 hour ago, ggg-2 said:
  Hide contents

According to the synopsis, this dragon is CLAIMING to be Spike's father. keyword: "claiming". That should be a big tip off right there.

Then his real parents'll appear at the very end! :3

3 hours ago, MegaSean45 said:

Hide contents

Then his real parents'll appear at the very end! :3

Or:

Spoiler

He really is his dad but drops his claim after he sees how close Spike is with his pony friends. This is a fairly common trope in a lot of other TV series so we'll find out if FiM follows suit.

I hope it isn't the case though because it still feels like he's lying to his son and seems out-of-step with today's parenting norms. I'd rather him take up residence in that cave from Dragonshy and just live nearby.

1 hour ago, Truffles said:

Or:

Hide contents

He really is his dad but drops his claim after he sees how close Spike is with his pony friends. This is a fairly common trope in a lot of other TV series so we'll find out if FiM follows suit.

I hope it isn't the case though because it still feels like he's lying to his son and seems out-of-step with today's parenting norms. I'd rather him take up residence in that cave from Dragonshy and just live nearby.

It would also be cool if Ember sent him to find his son in Ponyville! It would really develop his friendship with Ember at the same time!

On 19-12-2017 at 9:20 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Watched another last night. And it may be one of the ten best of the series:

Hide contents

The Break Up Breakdown (ep. 10): Holy. Shit! This was INCREDIBLE! Everything was absolutely flawless.

1. This episode is completely hilarious. Every single joke landed. My favorites are:
    1. Discord throwing shade at V-Day's commercialization.
    2. Love music playing in the background as BM runs to Sugar in slow-mo.
    3. Spike teasing Discord for having a possible crush on FS.
  2. But the episode isn't simply funny. It also applies heart when needed, too, and it was all organically placed, adding an extra layer into the plot. Couples won't always get along. Sometimes they'll struggle, argue, or have a difficult time. The healthy ones work it out at the end. That happens here. Big Mac and Sugar Belle behave like a legit couple here. In addition, BM feels like a legit character, and not just because he doesn't repeat the same one-liner as a gag. His lines vary in personality, and the degree of noise easily indicate whether he's happy, sad, scared, or angry.
  3. Breakdown follows up three episodes: Hearts & Hooves Day, Hard to Say Anything, and especially Dungeons & Discord. The continuity nods don't hammer you over the head, and when it's explicit, it's interwoven so well.

Speaking of interwoven, I don't know who's the nut responsible for thinking Big Mac, Discord, and Spike would work well as a trio. Whoever it is, give them a gold medal! The chemistry between all three is extremely natural, like they knew each other for a long time, but keep in mind that Discord joined them two seasons ago. OTOH, Spike apparently learned under Discord's tutelage real quickly, 'cause their banter is absolutely hilarious. Discord and Spike tease each other a lot here, but nothing crosses the line, and it's all in good fun. Clearly, they're great friends.
  4. This episode may be Spike's best appearance to date. Not joking. Spike fans will LOVE his role here! :D
  5. Big Mac developed exponentially here. Throughout, he tries to figure out how to openly admit his feelings without fear, and through trial and error, he figured it out. After this conflict, he's more open. Whether he'll talk more or not later's unknown.
  6. But Discord's the trump card here, and TBUB is among his best appearances to date. He doesn't give sound advice, though he means well. And he salvages BM and Sugar's relationship in his own, clever way.
  7. Even the B-plot (the CMCs accidentally receiving the Valentine's pie and trying to figure out who Sweetie's secret admirer is) was excellent. In both episodes I watched featuring them, they step up and are written very well.
  8. The dialogue is perfect. Not one clunky line anywhere, varying degrees of emotion and length, and so clever! :D
  9. The two morals are absolutely fantastic.
    1. "Don't assume. Communicate with your friends, and everything will work itself out."
    2. "Don't be afraid to openly admit your feelings. Those who care for you will listen and understand." <--- This one may be my top lesson of S8 when it's all done.

Other than the montage love songs, there's no background score or sound effects. But with or w/o 'em, it's one of the best episodes to date, and I can't wait for the final product! :D

Grade: A/A+

This is also my favourite leak from s8. We'll see if one episode can top that. ^_^

13 hours ago, MAIKUN said:

Trust me NathanW200, it WON'T DESTROY the show at all....I rather see her becoming permanently evil again and the CMC disbanding instead! 

Please, do everyone a favor and stop saying the same things over and over again and when we correct you on it, you do not seem to listen. :dry: You said it to many times to be interseting and it gets a little annoying over time. No offence. ^_^

6 hours ago, HeavenlySun said:

I hope that something new happens.

What kind of thing?