Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who's your favorite movie character?

aBowlofFruit

I would say Tempest as she was quite a good villain, with a decent backstory to boot. However, to see The Storm King buck expectations and resemble more of Hank Scorpio than Tirek in personality was extremely fun. His scenes were fleeting, but I was loving every second he was on-screen.

• Brohoof 4

3 minutes ago, Vocal Analyst said:

I would say Tempest as she was quite a good villain, with a decent backstory to boot. However, to see The Storm King buck expectations and resemble more of Hank Scorpio than Tirek in personality was extremely fun. His scenes were fleeting, but I was loving every second he was on-screen.

Hmm true, now I can't decide

My favourite charcater excluding the Mane 6 would be Storm Creature #208 he was such an amazing character and very relatable. The way he cries and lets all his emotions out, while talking to Fluttershy is truly a powerful scene, which made the hearts of everyone in the theatres melt. It is beyond my comprehension why he isn't the main character of the movie, he clearly is Best Character no competition. Storm Creature #208 > everyone 

It is at 2:59 couldn't find any other videos...

• Brohoof 2

I would have to go with Tempest and Capper as being my favorites.

Capper was one that I already knew I was going to like, and due to his charm and charisma, I definitely enjoyed his scenes.

Tempest managed to win me over due to being an intimidating threat with an interesting backstory and getting the best character development out of all of the characters introduced in the film.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, cmarston1 said:

Tempest managed to win me over due to being an intimidating threat with an interesting backstory and getting the best character development out of all of the characters introduced in the film.

All of this. It's rare that I've felt intimidated by an MLP villain, last to do that was Starlight pre-redemption, so that's saying something; the development she had just helped matters further. If The Storm King wasn't so OTT, I would've been fully behind her being my fav instead for these exact reasons.

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, SpiBaz said:

My favourite charcater excluding the Mane 6 would be Storm Creature #208 he was such an amazing character and very relatable. The way he cries and lets all his emotions out, while talking to Fluttershy is truly a powerful scene, which made the hearts of everyone in the theatres melt. It is beyond my comprehension why he isn't the main character of the movie, he clearly is Best Character no competition. Storm Creature #208 > everyone 

It is at 2:59 couldn't find any other videos...

image.jpg

But regardless, nice little Dragonshy-eqsue moment for Fluttershy.

Edited by The Artist Formerly Known As A.V.

Tempest, easily. This movie is about her, the trauma she suffered, why she rejected the magic of friendship, and why she rejected Equestria as a whole. She's the best character in the entire film.

• Brohoof 4

Tempest, she’s also the best ‘reformed’ unicorn in the series, with both a a backstory that’s not bullshit, and a redemption that’s believable and not bullshit.

Also liked Capper, Caleano, Skystar and Storm King(though we needed more of him)

• Brohoof 2

Tempest was purely awesome. She might seem a tad edgelord-ish but she had the strength to back it up, even if her backstory was not as fulfilling as I hoped. I actually liked Grubber too, his lisp suited him so well. X3 He was just a great little sidekick that does nothing. XD

I will say what characters I wasn't fond of: The Hyppogriffs. They, to me, seemed like total cowards. At least the queen was. "Yeah, let's abandon our home, pretend we're a different species and not help others who's homes are in danger!" Really didn't like them.

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Kyoshi said:

Tempest was purely awesome. She might seem a tad edgelord-ish but she had the strength to back it up, even if her backstory was not as fulfilling as I hoped. I actually liked Grubber too, his lisp suited him so well. X3 He was just a great little sidekick that does nothing. XD

I will say what characters I wasn't fond of: The Hyppogriffs. They, to me, seemed like total cowards. At least the queen was. "Yeah, let's abandon our home, pretend we're a different species and not help others who's homes are in danger!" Really didn't like them.

Hmm, I can definitely see that :). Although i certainly liked the hippogriffs, if nothing more than seeing a fun new species added to the MLP universe. And I'm sorry, but to me grubber was one of my least favorite parts of the movie. He just seemed a bit too much shoehorned in. Still, I think tempest is now my favorite :P