Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ashen Pathfinder

Your favorite MLP G4 villain song!  

48 users have voted

1. 1. Which one is your favorite?

• "This Day Aria" - Queen Chrysalis & Princess Cadence - from "A Canterlot Wedding"
    • "The Flim Flam Cider Song" - The Flim Flam Brothers - from "The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000"
    • "Flim Flam Miracle Curative Tonic" - The Flim Flam Brothers - from "Leap of Faith"
    • "In Our Town" - Starlight Glimmer - from "The Cutie Map"
    • "Say Goodbye to the Holiday" - Snowfall Frost - from "A Hearth's Waming Tail"
    • "Let's Have a Battle (of the Bands)" - The Dazzlings - from "Rainbow Rocks"
    • "Under Our Spell" - The Dazzlings - from "Rainbow Rocks"
    • "Welcome to the Show" - The Dazzlings - from "Rainbow Rocks"
    • "Tricks Up My Sleeve" - Trixie - from "Rainbow Rocks"
    • "Unleash the Magic" - Principal Cinch & Crystal Prep students - "Friendship Games"
    • "We Will Stand for Everfree" - Gaia Everfree/Gloriosa Daisy - "Legend of Everfree"
    • "Open Up Your Eyes" - Tempest Shadow - "My Little Pony: The Movie"

So, we've have a lot of songs that have graced us between Friendship is Magic, Equestria Girls, and the motion picture. Heck; even the comics have tried...with mixed results. In any case, one of the highlights generally touted about has been the music, and amongst that has been the various villain tunes out there.

As such I wanted to ask you a question: which is your favorite villain tune, and why is that? A poll is included, and this spans the franchise as a whole; not just FiM. :)

Note: Added a few of the antagonist songs as well; though if I missed any feel free to let me know. ^^;;

In any case my favorite is essentially a tie between This Day Aria and Open Up Your Eyes; with Under Our Spell close behind. Those two songs feel like they have a LOT of weight behind them, and just feel epic in general.

• Brohoof 5

Think my favorite one would be Chrysalis her song during a royal wedding, it gave that feeling she was very manipulative but very cunning, and just her overall character, it happenend to be one of my most favorite villain moments as well. 

Edit: It is day's aria, i had forgotten the song name xD

Edited by Mickey Adaptus
  • Brohoof 2

I'm going to go for Open Up Your Eyes, as has already been mentioned it has that epic Disney-esque feel to it, and to my mind it's at home beside the likes of Be Prepared from The Lion King.  Watching the video for the song I love the fact that they dialed up the animation quality but managed to keep the same feel that we are used to from the cartoon.

• Brohoof 2

It was hard to choose between "This Day" and "Open Up Your Eyes".  I accidentally clicked on This Day before I realized I could vote for Open Up Your Eyes which would have won for me.

Interestingly, I consider "I'll Fly" by Rainbow Dash a villain song.  To anyone but her, she's The Grinch stealing away winter.  With lyrics like, "I know it's wrong but what does it matter?" or "I hate to sabotage you, but you see I've got to try," it is completely a villain song from any other view but her own.  Plus, it happens before she destroys the weather station with more sabotage.  With that view, I think it is one of my favorite villain songs, but Open Up Your Eyes or This Day would still win.

Edited by tazmy
  • Brohoof 1

you cant really put Open up your eyes on the list......because its TOO GOOD!!! Its the best one by far. So I dont want to include it. 

My personal faves are all 3 songs by the Dazzlings. They are hands down the best written songs. My god that slap bass when Welcome to the Show starts up! Kazumi's voice is just the BEST for evil songs. 

• Brohoof 2

Fuck all of them are good but I’m going with Open Up Your Eyes mainly because it has the honor of being fully orchestrated 

• Brohoof 1

Open Up Your Eyes, not because It´s my natural choice, because it was a fantastic part of the movie. And because it explained so much about Tempest in a beautiful way.

I loved it so much, that I had to make an own version of it too...

Then I must say all of them are soooo good !

• Brohoof 2

• 3 months later...

open up you're eyes and under our spell were both really good songs

On 11/5/2017 at 1:05 AM, PathfinderCS said:

So, we've have a lot of songs that have graced us between Friendship is Magic, Equestria Girls, and the motion picture. Heck; even the comics have tried...with mixed results. In any case, one of the highlights generally touted about has been the music, and amongst that has been the various villain tunes out there.

As such I wanted to ask you a question: which is your favorite villain tune, and why is that? A poll is included, and this spans the franchise as a whole; not just FiM. :)

Note: Added a few of the antagonist songs as well; though if I missed any feel free to let me know. ^^;;

In any case my favorite is essentially a tie between This Day Aria and Open Up Your Eyes; with Under Our Spell close behind. Those two songs feel like they have a LOT of weight behind them, and just feel epic in general.

you know you're missing the song glass of water by Discord

1 hour ago, NathanW200 said:

open up you're eyes and under our spell were both really good songs

you know you're missing the song glass of water by Discord

Not really. By the time that episode came out Discord was less a villain and more a fun-loving trickster; like Loki from Gargoyles. As such I didn't include that one.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, PathfinderCS said:

Not really. By the time that episode came out Discord was less a villain and more a fun-loving trickster; like Loki from Gargoyles. As such I didn't include that one.

well Starlight Glimmer is no longer evil now either

2 minutes ago, NathanW200 said:

well Starlight Glimmer is no longer evil now either

Yeah, but "In Our Town" was when she was still a villain. If she did a song now-a-days it would not be included as she has reformed.

It's difficult to choose, there are so many great songs. I have always loved "The Flim Flam Cider Song", it's one of my favorite musical-esque songs in the show (though Flim and Flam don't feel like proper villains to me). "In Our Town" is catchy and fits the theme of the episode very well. "Under Our Spell" and "Tricks Up My Sleeve" are amazing too. I'll go with "In Our Town" now, next time I might pick something else, as they're all so close.

• Brohoof 3

Open Up Your Eyes is absolutely fantastic.

But my first-place choice remains Our Town. This song is forcefully cheerful and creepy simultaneously. Thank the inspiration to WWII propaganda music alongside unsettling lyrics, such as "You can't have a nightmare if you never dream."

I voted for four songs in the poll, and they rank as follows:

1. Our Town
  2. This Day Aria
  3. Open Your Eyes
  4. Welcome to the Show
  • Brohoof 2

I really liked the songs "Under our spell", "Welcome to the show", "This day aria", and of course "In our town". 

I like the first two I mentioned because of how catchy and fun they are to listen to, while "This day aria" is simply one of the most beautifully sung songs in the show. I like Glimmer's "In our town" because of it's creepy cult/communist vibes it had, which is pretty unexpected considering MLP is a kids show after all.

I was going to say open up your eeeeyeeeees, but looking at the list, Say Farewell to the Holiday and this day aria are boss too.

Edited by Toastypk

This Day Aria, not just for the devious-ness of our villian, but the sadness of the real Bride-to-Be gave me feelings of hoping our heroes make it out before it's too late! Wouldn't any of you agree?

I thought "This Day Aria" was the only one I remembered, then I looked down the list and realized just how many of these I love. Was hard to pick between that, "Flim Flam Brothers," and "In Our Town."