Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Wild Wacky Multiverse Adventure OOC

Skylord Nexus

10 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

I don't imagine her personality aging up with the rest of her. Not much anyway, so we can still have that happen. Starfire is always cheerful and bubbly, as is her way, except when feeling homesick of lovesick of course

It would just mean the nature of their relationship would be a bit different. Starfire would be looked up to more than seen as an equal if she were like in her twenties or something like that. Steven would look up to her cause she has emotion based powers like he does, and Star would totally dig that she can be a hero and responsible while still being fun and bubbly. 

Edited by Buck Testa
  • Brohoof 1

I guess defacto leader of 'Happy Team' due to age kinda? I imagine either Steven or Star would name it that.

She's gonna insist she's undeserving of praise though. Starfire just wants to be good at what she does helping others, motivations will depend on the ongoing plot at the time. I guess going home alive and no deaths is a motivation too? 

Just now, Skylord Nexus said:

@Lektra Bolt @Crewman @Techno Universal @Arid_Blitz @Buck Testa

I'm gonna start the RP in about 1-2 hours and leave it for a day or so, so that every character has time to get to know each other and so that Arid can insert his characters when he's finished doing them. That good with everyone? 

Sounds gud to me. I'm assuming everyone is just gonna be plopped into the setting from their respective worlds right? 

@Buck Testa

Yup, your all gonna wake up... 

in...

A...

This is very suspenseful isn't it?

Metal room.

tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500.gif

Also, anyone ever seen or played an MMO called Wildstar, cause if you have you may notice some "subtle" uses of it for lore later down the line.

• Brohoof 1

17 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

@Lektra Bolt @Crewman @Techno Universal @Arid_Blitz @Buck Testa

I'm gonna start the RP in about 1-2 hours and leave it for a day or so, so that every character has time to get to know each other and so that Arid can insert his characters when he's finished doing them. That good with everyone? 

Okay! It's just I might be leaving to go to school then so I may not be able to reply for 8-9 hours after the RP is started. :)

I assume that it's okay that my rp posts will be in first person? As in (quoting from my opener) "I never expected a politician to be a fighter but this chick just happened to be a three time death race champion."

41 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

@Buck Testa

Metal room.

tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500.gif

Also, anyone ever seen or played an MMO called Wildstar, cause if you have you may notice some "subtle" uses of it for lore later down the line.

Metal room, like Agents of Shield finale? Mysterious metal room that had everyone going wtf? That kind of room? Except Phil knew exactly where he was, at least up until the stuff that happens in the previews that we have seen for the new season in December 1st. 

I played Wildstar and want to come back. It's on my bucket list, so I'll probably notice :):smug:

21 minutes ago, Crewman said:

I assume that it's okay that my rp posts will be in first person? As in (quoting from my opener) "I never expected a politician to be a fighter but this chick just happened to be a three time death race champion."

Gee, but you write Rocky in third? We're you going to shift to first later down the line?

For the record I write in first person also, and with multiple characters that will change around who is narrating the first person. Basically someone will start the post then the first person will shift to someone else, and so on. The characters not doing the view will shift to third, but other than that it will all flow. A friend taught me this, and it gives each character their bit of the spotlight and an insight into their psyche. :)

I have only met a couple of GMs that are such 'male organ' about point of view and would actually force a point of view for 'uniformity' which I find a totally 'male organ' move. When I GM I want people to be comfortable writing, and if they're not comfortable to the point of it making their writing noticeably crap if at least one character isn't being written in first, then that's a 'male organ' move. I'm sure Nexus will agree it's not worth sacrificing writing quality for everyone being uniform.

BTW in case it's not clear I'm trying to be funny while making sure I don't say the word, even though mlpforums.com does allow cursing and stuff in very mild and meaningful amounts. I just try to avoid it altogether if I can

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

I thought of keeping Rocky in third as that's what I usually go with, but I decided to change the system a little for this since I somehow find it pretty thrilling and immersive writing Sabir in first. :D

I am fine with whatever rp choice the GM goes with (Advanced or normal).

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Skylord Nexus said:

Also, you guys want it to be a normal RP or an Advanced RP, I know for people like Lektra it probably wouldn't matter so much because you have multiple characters but how do you single character people feel about it?

Advanced, definitely advanced. 

Techno might have a problem with it, just saying.

@Techno Universal I never see you writing a lot.

--

Thing is though, I feel making it advanced might force times where we have nothing to write and have to add garbage to a post anyway. Personally I see things that aren't character thoughts, actions, or dialog as extra. If I'm not GM I should only describe if I'm changing the location instead of the GM, otherwise I just end up hitting a paragraph or more easily just from those three things.

Just my take though :)

4 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

--

Thing is though, I feel making it advanced might force times where we have nothing to write and have to add garbage to a post anyway. Personally I see things that aren't character thoughts, actions, or dialog as extra. If I'm not GM I should only describe if I'm changing the location instead of the GM, otherwise I just end up hitting a paragraph or more easily just from those three things.

You never need to add garbage to a post. There is always something to describe, some inner thoughts to explain, some fleshing out of characters to do. As for Techno, I think an increased post limit would do him some good. 

• Brohoof 2

5 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

--

Yeah it's just with my writing I just naturally compress it to make it as small as possible! It's just more efficient for me! Anyways I'm now leaving for school! :)

• Brohoof 1

Arid I think you're confusing post order with making sure everyone else has posted once before you post again, which IIRC Nexus has already said will be a thing?

So we don't need to worry about a certain someone posting again after each time a new post is added

• Brohoof 2