Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I just rewatched the movie in theatres

St3venp

I convinced my non brony friend to come watch the mlp movie because i loved it and want to rewatch it. But, he said as long as we go at a time when noone will likely show up at movies, u can guess why. I promised him there will be no one there at the time we are going and since the movie has been out for awhile, it wont be like opening weekend, its almost dead. So we went, bought the ticket, went in 20mins early. My friend was relieved we were the only ones. Then guess what? Later right before it started, so many people came in and immediately the theatre was packed. I didnt see any bronies but holy sh**. Thats not what i expected since i checked the movie box office and it dropped so much and i thought it was dead. Im just wondering, did any of u experience this?

• Brohoof 3

The only thing I've experienced is my local theaters dropping it after only a couple of weeks - which means I haven't been able to see it yet...

So did your friend like it?

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Mirage said:

The only thing I've experienced is my local theaters dropping it after only a couple of weeks - which means I haven't been able to see it yet...

So did your friend like it?

I honestly dont know. but he said it was violent and promotes slavery too much.

Second time I've watched it, was at night, and weekday, so it was expected for me to be the only one. I'm planning to watch it a third time before it's removed, and it's likely I'll be the only one again

on the last day of showing at my theatre there was at least 15 other people (me and my friend went) watching the movie :ooh:

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mirage said:

Huh? 

I cant find a picture from the movie. but u know how the ponies were tied up like this? He said thats slavery. He never told me if he liked it, he just said its better than he expected. 

Image result for mlp movie slavery

Edited by St3venp
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, St3venp said:

I cant find a picture from the movie. but u know how the ponies were tied up like this?

Image result for mlp movie slavery

Yes - overcoming fear, oppression and tyrannical power is the most common story operator in all of storytelling.

Perhaps he's never seen the show - the show gets rather dark. In fact, MLP FiM has one of the darkest scenes in a cartoon I've ever seen.

But that's a good thing - being able to go into the deep darkness of existence and reveal the value of 'goodness' in a believable way is the goal of all storytelling.

its weird, from what I've read from AMC employees in various threads, even though MLP has gotten yanked from everything but discount theaters and is generally shoved into the "small" theaters at those places, it still consistently fills up every night to full capacity.

makes me kind of think the normie theaters pulled it too early to make extra room for Thor theaters. I hope it means the movie will exceed 50 million before the end of its run, maybe reach up to 55 or even 60.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Unlikeable Pony said:

its weird, from what I've read from AMC employees in various threads, even though MLP has gotten yanked from everything but discount theaters and is generally shoved into the "small" theaters at those places, it still consistently fills up every night to full capacity.

makes me kind of think the normie theaters pulled it too early to make extra room for Thor theaters. I hope it means the movie will exceed 50 million before the end of its run, maybe reach up to 55 or even 60.

Three of them will keep poneh up to Wednesday here in Orlando. Afterwards, bye bye poneh :sunny: . Oh well, I wanna experience what's probably my last pony experience in theaters :rarity: