Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPForums vs Other Forums

Kaneki

What do you think sets MLPForums apart from other forums to you? Why is that?

Personally, I think the environment is more friendly to all types of people, you can always find a friend somewhere because most of the community isn't pointed towards one side, and I like that. Even if you're not particularly an active fan (like me), there's still plenty to do and plenty of people to talk to. I also like how even when we have any troublemakers, it's handled quickly, because most forums I went to, troublemakers would take a while to be dealt with.

• Brohoof 9

This forum really is different from other, every one looks so nice and calm. Nobody is going to insult you or something, and the staff is severe, you can take warning for nothing, so you're obliged to be nice unless you want to get banned.
That's why this forum's so great and friendly. People are kind !
Other forum are hell. :lol:

• Brohoof 7

The layout is nice and easy to use and navigate. I'm not sure that's the forum's doing though that's probably the "host" but yea. people who call themselves "bronies" are usually pretty cool people so anywhere they gather can be a decent place

• Brohoof 4

2 minutes ago, Babyyoshi309 said:

Because MLP forums is superior... 

How you ask? HOW DARE YOU QUESTION THE MAGNIFICENCE OF THE MLP FORUMS?!!!!!!!!! :angry:

MLP FORUMS UNITED!!! OHRAA!!

• Brohoof 2

friendly community, not limited to just one kind of "topic" :P i mean, even non bronies are here and we still get along

also ponies. cuz ponies are good

• Brohoof 3

Well, it's not really a forum, but it does have a forum section, and it is a huge community, but I personally prefer derpibooru to this place. I find it far more active and although the community there can be toxic at times, if you avoid touchy subjects it's not bad. The moderation there is some of the best, as well. Also I happen to be a part of that mod team.

• Brohoof 5

6 minutes ago, Celli said:

Well, it's not really a forum, but it does have a forum section, and it is a huge community, but I personally prefer derpibooru to this place. I find it far more active and although the community there can be toxic at times, if you avoid touchy subjects it's not bad. The moderation there is some of the best, as well. Also I happen to be a part of that mod team.

I see...in behalf of MLP Forums United...I declare WAAAAARRRRR!!! (Omg I'm cracking up)

Edited by Sun Ray
  • Brohoof 3

I'm a regular of several forums where you will not find one iota of toxicity, drama, and pettiness, and very limited rules (it's possible when you have adults who act like adults). I am also a regular of another forum that is very exclusive, where members are recruited based on intellect, personality, and background to create an actual platform where individuals that disagree can actually have a fair and open exchange of ideas. The membership includes individuals from every political, religious, and racial spectrum imaginable. None of the above platforms are built around a love for an IP. Basically, no fandom stuff. 

MLPForums has a charm that is unique all it's own, and is probably the second least toxic fandom-centric forum I use. The best is probably a Star Wars forum that I've been a member on since 2002. There is maturity there -- along with the conviviality I occasionally see with this forum. 

This site still has all the trappings of the internet psychology that its user base cannot seem to escape from. This is why I occasionally take out the scalpel on some individuals when I see that particular flavor of unoriginality. 

But for all its warts, this is still my favorite and most memorable forum experience. 

• Brohoof 7

I would say this is the best place. It would be unfair to say that all other sites are 100% toxic. If you visit educational forums for example, you won't see that level of drama. Here we're pretty polite and have far less things to quarrel about. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

eeeeehhh, over the years the place I've gotten a bit more sour on this place, but it's really the only brony forum that has some decent activity.

Well, apart from Derpibooru, which I've kinda been enjoying more lately

• Brohoof 1

its active. and theres a lot to talk about. a lot of forums I use(d) just die after a while, or the community isnt big enough to stay active and chatty. 

Plus this is the first one where I havent made any proper friends yet. Ive not spoken one on one with any of you, or joined in with game servers or said much on the discord. I still feel new in a way. No ones really stood out as someone I feel I want to be friends with - sorry if that sounds bad, but I guess I just still feel a bit reserved about making new friends. The last group kinda ditched me for my ex =/  

• Brohoof 1

I actually think it’s becaus it’s about My Little Pony — something that isn’t accepted by a lot of people that it’s a different group. We come together because we all share the same love for a “children’s” show while the majority of us is an adult. We don’t judge about the fact we love this show. For me, I’m not able to be myself because of the love for My Little Pony and it not being accepted.

…do I make sense? :derp:

• Brohoof 4

I've been on four different forums that I remember.

VirtualTeen- Really friendly forum, and extremely relatable people. Almost as friendly as here, hardly had issues with mod incompetency. That was how it was around 2012-2013.

Teenhut- All that must be said: F*** THAT PLACE. I got banned for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, WITHOUT WARNING.

MLPForums- Better than VirtualTeen was even now, if only marginally. I've had more issues on here than there, but that's mostly due to time.

Paladins Forums- Decent place, though it's being ruined by HiRezAlyssa and a certain moderator (you'd probably know EXACTLY who I'm talking about if you've been on there and know who I am on there), as well troll posters who seem to want to do nothing more than make other people angry by forcing their opinions on the Paladins meta down your throat, and treat a pro support player's opinions as facts (even with how little they actually make sense at all, and how often they contradict each other). 

Edited by Nerdy Luigi
  • Brohoof 1

When compared to the other forums I frequent, MLP Forums is truly a unique place to be. The people here, even the non-bronies, are so friendly and welcoming whereas, on some of the other forums I visit, I frequently witness people getting flamed hardcore, even by mods and staff, for the simplest of things (Celestia forbid I mention that I'm a Brony on some of these forums)

Another thing that I like MLPF for is its staff, unlike some of the other forums I've been too, MLPF has staff who actually take their job seriously and do things fairly and justly.

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, StormBlaze said:

its active. and theres a lot to talk about. a lot of forums I use(d) just die after a while, or the community isnt big enough to stay active and chatty. 

Plus this is the first one where I havent made any proper friends yet. Ive not spoken one on one with any of you, or joined in with game servers or said much on the discord. I still feel new in a way. No ones really stood out as someone I feel I want to be friends with - sorry if that sounds bad, but I guess I just still feel a bit reserved about making new friends. The last group kinda ditched me for my ex =/  

Really? You don't find me interesting?

Hmm...

46 minutes ago, Mirage said:

Really? You don't find me interesting?

Hmm...

i cant say that Ive ever really properly talked to you.... sorry. 

same goes for everyone else. I dunno, maybe ive just forgotten how to make friends =/ 

• Brohoof 1

I have only been on two to three forums before, but I find this one nicely run, and my favorite so far. I have only seen a few issues, but they are resolved quickly. The most caustic section is the Debate Pit, but I rarely go there.

• 2 months later...

This Forum does not only seem to be the biggest one i ever visited, but it also seems like one of the few, that didnt fall apart and got a meme dump, like some other Mlp Sides, in which often none of the Stuff watches the Show anymore and seem to be pretty uninterested in everything surrounding the Topic and everybody has way to big signatures with inappropriate Meme Jokes.

And the only other Side that still seems believable to me, had to much People on there, who where either unfriendly to me or just insulted me.

This Forum is the only one, i currently feel welcome. I never had that much Problems and even if i had, they got resolved pretty quickly. Its still active, it didnt became a Meme dump, this Forum is just great.^^

• Brohoof 1