Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MLPForums vs Other Forums

Kaneki

I will say that by my experience I strongly disagree with the notion that this forum is friendly to every type of person.

The only thing that sets this forum apart from other forums is the fact that I at least kind of know the community.

I haven't been on many forums, and the few I've tried are really dead. This place is always jumpin' and has something new every time I log on. It actually makes me want to check in and see what I'm missing. I feel like I've found a nice home here. :twi:

• Brohoof 1

On 11/6/2017 at 6:19 AM, Nerdy Luigi said:

I've been on four different forums that I remember.

VirtualTeen- Really friendly forum, and extremely relatable people. Almost as friendly as here, hardly had issues with mod incompetency. That was how it was around 2012-2013.

Teenhut- All that must be said: F*** THAT PLACE. I got banned for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON, WITHOUT WARNING.

MLPForums- Better than VirtualTeen was even now, if only marginally. I've had more issues on here than there, but that's mostly due to time.

Paladins Forums- Decent place, though it's being ruined by HiRezAlyssa and a certain moderator (you'd probably know EXACTLY who I'm talking about if you've been on there and know who I am on there), as well troll posters who seem to want to do nothing more than make other people angry by forcing their opinions on the Paladins meta down your throat, and treat a pro support player's opinions as facts (even with how little they actually make sense at all, and how often they contradict each other). 

I'll just write this in a more honest way.

VirtualTeen- It actually was really friendly, though there were some really weird people on there that creeped me out. A few creepy fetishes and years later, I decided I wasn't feeling it. 

Teenhut- No more I need to say about Teenhut. Told it how it was. That place was downright AWFUL, and I can't say anything that would do it justice.

Here- What I didn't say here are that there are a good few people here that have a way with making me p***ed off. It was that way, and it seems to have gotten worse now. There are people that frankly should have been banned AGES ago, but never were. I could list names here, but that would offend too many people, because some of them are "well respected" apparently... It's been getting worse over the years, but here it's still fine. Though at this rate, I might not be okay with this place within a year or two.

Paladins Forums- Basically that, but forgot to mention that those people were EVERYWHERE. What's really bad is that apparently one of them decided to trash my reputation in the Paladins community by making an attack post citing every thing he doesn't agree with and somehow using that to justify making me out to be toxic (which is sickening). 

I've only ever really been on two forums, this and another forum I went to back in 2015. Comparing the two they are very similar, but the other place is a lot more quieter, punishments are recorded publicly to encourage good behavior (though the way one of the admin described it when I spoke to him about it is that you have to actually try to be punished on site.), and personally I feel the staff are a bit more transparent and a lot friendlier. It was nice going there but I felt out of place, no one would speak to me and I had nothing to keep me busy there. So eventually I just left and returned here. I still go back every month or so to join their weekly group chat, but other than that I've been here.

I'd say MLPF is better than most forums only because of its community.

Edited by Snow Frostflame

The only other forum I use is GTA Forums...wow is that forum bad. It's not awful but the content you get on it is just trash. If it's not complaints then it's just ignorant and lazy threads. It's as if the people who use it have never played any of the games before. Also, there's no way of adding friends or posting status updates.

The community on this forum is so amazing. I haven't even watched the show in years but still find myself coming back to take part in the fun. I wish all forums set the standard as high as MLP Forums :fluttershy:

Edited by Flutterstep

I don't do any other MLP forums, so cannot compare them. And I really cannot compare it to other forums I visit, am part of or have been part of since they are all different beasts. I will say the forum is friendly overall, inviting to new members, fairly active and an overall pleasant place. Some of the other forums I [have] utilized are often filled with hostility due to their very argument inspiring nature. There are a couple of members who act as if they have never pressed a power button on an internet accessible device and as such have never encountered someone with an opposing viewpoint before, and react to it... we'll just say poorly to keep it simple, but you find them everywhere despite the fact the internet has become more accessible than your backyard. There are a few members here I would not trade for the world though who make me happy to log in every day and whom I am honored to know.

Though I haven't been active here for the large amount of time my accounts been here for I can certainly see why the MLP Forums is one of the top forums, Its mostly positive community, its always vigilant and helpful staff, it has some of the biggest roots at the pinnacle of this MLP generation fandoms (aka the og bronies) rise to fame and recognition, plus its connected with many other sites and places to hang out, so its usually never boring! So if you want my opinion of why this forum is great, look no further than the people within it and the things it has to offer. :D

I think MLP Forums has got a great community for one thing, and compared to other forums in the fandom, it seems to be much more active (and yes, I am counting the Equestria Daily forums in this). The staff is also very good and helpful.

MLP Forums is never boring, and I have a lot of fun being here and hanging out with all my friends!

• 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

From what I've noticed, just the general atmosphere is friendlier here, and everyone is so accepting and understanding. That's really what makes this place so great honestly. :twi: That and the ponies. :-D

• 4 months later...

I love MLP Forums. It truly is my second home and is one of if not THE most active forums I've ever been a part of. I love the general atmosphere here as well. I certainly don't take my job as staff here lightly.

I hope this place is around for many years to come! ❤

• Brohoof 1

I've been on several other forums over the years, though this has to be my personal favourite. It's fairly active and usually pretty relaxed - the Debate Symposium may be the only exception to this.

• Brohoof 1

I have accounts on other types of forums (guns, astronomy, small engine repair, etc), but I haven't been active on those in ages. Forums were my thing in the early to mid 2000's.

MLPForums, on the other hand, is a special place. The community is great.  :fluttershy:

Ive been on these forums for a long time. Ive seen a fair share of drama and toxicity, and its not the different from some other forums.

that said, this forum is different in that the staff arent on a power trip. Ive yet to see a staff member say “if you dont like the way i run the forums, you can go to another site”. They dont ask for youre real name either like another forum ive been to. 

MLPF is actually up and running

Internet forums in general are so dead that I'm shocked it's still kickin' 

It's really sad because I love the classic forum platform, there's no sense of community or friendship on twitter or whatever people use these days

On 1/21/2018 at 12:32 PM, Banjo said:

I'll just write this in a more honest way.

VirtualTeen- It actually was really friendly, though there were some really weird people on there that creeped me out. A few creepy fetishes and years later, I decided I wasn't feeling it. 

Teenhut- No more I need to say about Teenhut. Told it how it was. That place was downright AWFUL, and I can't say anything that would do it justice.

Here- What I didn't say here are that there are a good few people here that have a way with making me p***ed off. It was that way, and it seems to have gotten worse now. There are people that frankly should have been banned AGES ago, but never were. I could list names here, but that would offend too many people, because some of them are "well respected" apparently... It's been getting worse over the years, but here it's still fine. Though at this rate, I might not be okay with this place within a year or two.

Paladins Forums- Basically that, but forgot to mention that those people were EVERYWHERE. What's really bad is that apparently one of them decided to trash my reputation in the Paladins community by making an attack post citing every thing he doesn't agree with and somehow using that to justify making me out to be toxic (which is sickening). 

Well Paladins got a new forum that's much better and I have had very little trouble with the mods. Though one seems a little too eager to do his "job." Though there are toxic posters on the forum, I've yet to be personally attacked on there aside from one person trying to be an elitist...

Still saying similar things about this place, though yes it has gotten progressively worse here to the point I have considered leaving and almost did it.

Otherwise, same stuff.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I am a member on three other forums but I am not nearly as active on them as I am on here. This is the first forum I ever joined ~