Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tempest's Eyesight

StormBlaze

Hey guys, so my sis pointed something out and I noticed it from her original reveal anyway, but does anyone else notice Tempest's eyes are different to everypony else's?

Could she be partially blind after the Ursa Minor attacked her?

mlp_the_movie__tempest_shadow__by_quickd

All other character pupils are black except for her. Even though she doenst really show any disability with sight, could it only be partial?

SUper long shot, but artists have an attention for detail in animation and film too. If you watch the Ursa flashback again, he strikes her from (his/our) right to left instead of the other way. The scar couldve been left as his claw "leaves" her face instead of the initial contact (which is on the wrong side). Please tell me Im not the only one who saw this. 

It could just be a design choice and animation error/continuity/aesthetic and im looking too far into it here ^^;  

• Brohoof 6

My eyes looks like that because that makes me look more evil and haughty :) 

Can you imagine her face with ordinary pony eyes ? It just wont give her the right look as an Storm King commander.

She have a look that can mesmerize anypony.

• Brohoof 2

Or make them wet themselves.

....I'd know. Honestly, could've worked on the Ursa. Though, honestly, I think she looks beautiful and super intimidating with the eyes she has. One stare can fell an army.

Edited by Loyal Defender
  • Brohoof 1

I feel as if this issue would have been mentioned would it have been true. The flashback we have of Fizzlepop would have been the perfect opportunity to reveal such information. I do not believe her sight has been impacted considering we do not have any real evidence to go off of.

• Brohoof 4

That's an interesting theory, and would be a brilliant piece of writing considering just how imposing she is with her eyes alone. However, like @Venomous stated I believe that is something that as least would've been implied in some fashion. I won't say it's entirely impossible, but it's unlikely.

• Brohoof 1

Let's put it like this - 

I recall in Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs, Buck reveals that Rudy the T-Rex slashed his eye out. We don't know how strong an Ursa Minor is, but we can assume it's pretty close. So even if the Ursa did hit Tempest in the eye, chances are with a claw as long as a pencil, it very well could have slashed it out.

just to note that the original concept designs of her - 80% of them featured eye patches. But it would be cool to think her scarred eye is damaged and that she went through seriously difficult training adapting to it. 

being the Storm King's commander, maybe she's snow blind? 

• Brohoof 1

Guys, let's keep this thread on-topic, and avoid the RP please. Show Discussion is not the section for it.

Thank you.

• Brohoof 3