Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

-Snipped content, purging account-

Purged Account

Being in the amateur indie game community for a year or two, I can tell you up front that the way in which you're searching for a development team is setting you up for disaster. Here are some general rules on how to make a good recruitment scheme:

1. Give a list of exactly how many people you'll need, and exactly what they're going to be doing. For example, "some people to edit sprites" would turn into something like "need 2 artists, semi-professional, non-paid; small workload, I'll be creating the basic sprites, and I'll be asking for you to be editing them for me. Will comprise of 64x64, 8 color textures and 64x32, 8 color sprites, with multiple frames each".

2. Explain what your game is actually about. I personally have no idea what a "doom wad" is; I can only assume it's something related to iD's original Doom, but for the gamer out of the loop, it could just mean to them you're crumpling up a piece of paper with the word 'doom' on it into a wad, and that the point of the game is to eat this 'doom wad', or 'wad of doom'.

3. Music. "some that sound like a base in a snow planet" doesn't even begin to describe what music you're seeking for. As a very hobbyist chiptunes composer, telling me to make a song about a base on a snow planet means that I have a lot of work ahead of me, as I have to come up with a full track, and if it doesn't fit the requester's needs, then I have to either highly edit it and work with it again. Perhaps you could give some sort of insight on exactly what the mood of it is, and perhaps some other songs to compare it to in order to get a feel for what it's to sound like in general?

4. And of course, show the progress so far! The more skilled developers/artists/musicians will simply skip over a request like this, because it just sounds like a far-out idea in it's current state. Not easy to shed enthusiasm and join the development team of a game, when you don't even know if it's going to turn into anything.

Just some pro-tips about how you should be going about this ;) As for how I know that following the above will help you find a better team (or actually even find one), is because I give these general tips to indie game newcomers all the time, and the ones who take my advice generally come out successful. Those who don't, rarely do.

• 1 month later...