Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mystery Theater: Mystery in the Clouds!

GoldieS

@Techno Universal @PuddingPonyPal

The OOC: https://mlpforums.com/topic/171542-mystery/

The Intrepid was perhaps the most well made, most expensive passenger ship, ever made in Equestria. It was a luxury vessel, complete with all the amenities found in the most fancy hotels and manner houses, albeit condensed a little. It was homely, the interior lined with dark oak panels against vanilla colored wallpaper. There was a distinct rustic feel to it, something found more often in the study of a rich pony who fancies himself a safari or two than anywhere else. 

At the moment, the ship was tasked with an important mission. One that lead the crew across the great western ocean to the new lands beyond, to ferry nobles from some of the most notorious nations in the world. All for the sake of diplomacy, these infamous individuals were gathered together and provided with the greatest luxuries possible for their trip to Equestria. Fortunately, they weren't the only ones on the ship. A few passengers lucky enough to get a ticket on such a luxurious ship back to Equestria found themselves aboard to act as a buffer between the dignitaries themselves. The crew of course entertained them as well, more accustomed to the hotty and arrogant attitudes. 

They were already a few days into the trip back to Equestria, a little over halfway home. There hadn't been any official gatherings since they set off, but today all passengers were invited to the central gallery for a wine tasting event. The captain had made sure to include some of the best alcohols from across Equestria to ease the tension that would no doubt follow days of being cooped up in the ship.  Even if they weren't much of a wine drinker, it was rude not to go. 

The gallery was a three story open section in the center of the ship, reminiscent of a ballroom. Small round tables were set up along the surrounding balconies, while the main gallery floor was dotted with glass enclosed statues and busts of various famous figures from Equestria. A few regal paintings, mostly depicting darker moody scenery, took space along the walls just above the luxurious furry couches and potted plants. The chamber was set up in a U pattern along the upper decks, with a large stairway leading to the second in the center.

Some of the lesser known passengers had arrived first, sampling some of the wines offered on silver platters by the waiters and waitresses usually stuck further above on the viewing deck, bar, and dining halls. 

Spoiler

Image result

Mehndi Heart nervously entered the gathering. She did not like crowds. She was used to being by herself. However, she couldn't refuse the invitation to her first ever wine tasting. She looked and observed her surroundings. The first thing she noticed were how everypony was dressed. "eh..." was all she could say. They all looked ready for a fancy dinner party. She looked like she was going to the circus. Her top hat and red coat stood out way more than she realized it would. She swallowed a big lump in her throat and walked in with her head high but with a nervous look on her face. 

She noticed all the wine in the room. She smelled a glass of red wine and almost gagged out loud. She hid the disgust she felt and sampled the wine. It tasted so bitter that she could barf right there. As the wine kept warming up in her mouth, her stomach sank into a horrible feeling. No, she wasn't going to throw up or faint from the wine. She had the feeling of being watched. She slowly put the wine down and accidentally swallowed it. "Where! Where is that aura coming from!" she said in her head. 

• Brohoof 1

@PuddingPonyPal

It could have been anyone... practically the entire ship, save for the captain himself, was there chatting it up and tasting the wine. Mehndi's attire certainly drew enough eyes too her, hopefully it was one of those many scathing snickering sets of eyes. 

The only one's that didn't seem so appalled by her presence were the others in the room not quite dressed for the occasion. Two reporters were walking around nervously like fish out of water. One was a tall pegasi stallion with a blue coat and a black main, he wore a simple grey vest of sorts meant for beneath an overcoat or something. He followed a shorter earth pony mare, yellow with a white main. She was wearing a candy striped dress more fit for a day in the park than such a fancy get together. She looked downright embarrassed, but pressed on. 

Across the room the first mate was introducing himself in a blue and white pressed uniform, more appropriate for the evening. Beside him stood a rather tall black and white spotted diamond dog in nothing but coveralls and some grease stains. He was more a novelty to the more... elite in the room, they walked up to him and asked him rather simple questions, to which he replied with a nod or shake of the head. 

Then the first of the dignitaries arrived... if anyone was giving off an oppressive aura, it was her. A tall Eldeer doe, with an impressive set of antlers and an air of superiority about her that no one else in the room could match. She had a caramel colored coat with a white underside, but that was the least striking part of her appearance. She had an extremely thin physique, with skinny legs and hooves. Unlike the more 'civilized' in the room, she wore something like mage armor. Black robes with violet and pink armor plates across her flanks and shoulders. The features of her face were accentuated by black tattoos or makeup. 

She stepped into the gallery with an utterly silent step, looking over and dismissing most of the crowd until her gaze reached Mehndi. She rose a brow, clearly interested in the odd one out of the bunch. Casually she stepped towards the pony, the crowd parting all to eagerly to avoid getting in her way. 

• Brohoof 1

Techno was getting down to earth for a while as he was taking a well deserved break from his job. He stepped into the gathering in a happy mood wearing his massive five meter long cape that was extremely soft and cuddly. He then ended up sitting down at the same table as Mehndi...

image.thumb.png.b575d77c2e7f99b788c8e62e8809c853.png

Though he was still wearing his suit with a blue tie under his cape. The wine tasted rather strange to Techno as there was something odd with it....

TU: Huhh this wine is extremely strange indeed. It's like it's something else that's more than wine.

• Brohoof 2

Mehndi Heart's eyes darted around the room until she spotted the approaching Eldeer doe. Her eyes and body froze in place. Her expression changed from fear to curiosity. The appearance of the doe captured her imaginative mind. "Who are they? They look so different. Even more different than me." she thought. Her mind then wondered off. The watchful feeling in her gut was still there but is now outmatched by her curious thoughts of the doe. 

As the Eldeer doe approached even closer, Mehndi's eyes met with theirs. The does eyes... what are they saying? She couldn't tell. Usually she could feel something about ponies by looking into their eyes. However she felt nothing from the Eldeer's. "I can't read them! What..what should I do???" She thought in a paniced manner. She still stood frozen in her spot. She prepared for the worst case scenario. 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal 

Before Techno could do anything else, a giant set of metal talons rest on the pony's shoulder. 

"Well well well..." Came a booming, condescending voice. "I thought your kind was... taller..." 

He then let out a hearty laugh, before letting go. It was yet another of the diplomats. This one, a massive burly griffon, with the most common color scheme for his kind, brown lower body and white neck and head feathers. The bird's mere presence practically screamed 'look how important I am'. He was decked out in a set of golden and silver knightly armor, with massive shoulder pads and plates hanging off the large surfaces of his body over a cloth tabard with red and white checkered patterns. Beneath that, chain mail. He too had a cape, though his red one was a bit shorter than Techno's. His armored claws clinked on the ground, along with the full armor on his grieves. 

"Lord Grimclaw! Emissary of the Cordial Colonies." He announced rather loudly, but directed towards Techno. "And... who might you be? I figure you're someone important with that get up."

The Cordial Colonies were anything but cordial... quite a long time ago they severed their ties with Griffonstone, declaring their independence. In the meantime they expanded their territory across the new world by subjugating locals and waging war in a violent and unceasing manner. While they espoused noble virtues, they refused to accept any creature to have equal standing as griffons. They were superior after all...

@PuddingPonyPal

Eldeer... not quite reindeer, not quite woodland deer. They were creatures essentially banished from interacting with either race, due to their... predispositions. They fled the old world to make an empire in the northern reaches of the new. There they developed a wicked system that extolled the virtues of decadence, shadow play, and dark magic. They wore their indiscretions as a badge of honor, creating a game of politics so deadly and dangerous, even simple court jesters are forced to watch their backs. If nothing else, Eldeer knew how to manipulate and deceive. 

Her eyes were level, neither intrigued nor entirely passive. Just... there, as if she weren't quite looking at Mehndi, and yet she was. 

"Greetings." The deer stated as she stopped in front of Mehndi, looking down at her and her attire. "It's delightful to see at least someone on this ship knows how to dress, no? It's amusing to see these little... things... so eager to please one another they forget they themselves even exist." 

The doe chuckled. "And yet here you are, in no hurry to please others I see. Delightful." She mused.

"Shadowmancer Emberreaver." She stated, holding out her hoof in front of Mehndi as a matter of course. 

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi Heart opened her mouth to speak but nothing came out. She didn't expect to be compliment by anyone. Especially from such a creature as the Eldeer. She lifted her right hoof hesitantly but decided in her mind that she should swallow her fear of being impolite and shake the doe's hoof. "Thank you... I'm Mehndi Heart. Pleased to meet you Shadowmancer Emberreaver. " She shook their hoof gently like as if she were bobbing it in shallow water. The last thing she wanted was to offend them. 

• Brohoof 1

16 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal 

Before Techno could do anything else, a giant set of metal talons rest on the pony's shoulder. 

"Well well well..." Came a booming, condescending voice. "I thought your kind was... taller..." 

He then let out a hearty laugh, before letting go. It was yet another of the diplomats. This one, a massive burly griffon, with the most common color scheme for his kind, brown lower body and white neck and head feathers. The bird's mere presence practically screamed 'look how important I am'. He was decked out in a set of golden and silver knightly armor, with massive shoulder pads and plates hanging off the large surfaces of his body over a cloth tabard with red and white checkered patterns. Beneath that, chain mail. He too had a cape, though his red one was a bit shorter than Techno's. His armored claws clinked on the ground, along with the full armor on his grieves. 

"Lord Grimclaw! Emissary of the Cordial Colonies." He announced rather loudly, but directed towards Techno. "And... who might you be? I figure you're someone important with that get up."

The Cordial Colonies were anything but cordial... quite a long time ago they severed their ties with Griffonstone, declaring their independence. In the meantime they expanded their territory across the new world by subjugating locals and waging war in a violent and unceasing manner. While they espoused noble virtues, they refused to accept any creature to have equal standing as griffons. They were superior after all...

@PuddingPonyPal

Eldeer... not quite reindeer, not quite woodland deer. They were creatures essentially banished from interacting with either race, due to their... predispositions. They fled the old world to make an empire in the northern reaches of the new. There they developed a wicked system that extolled the virtues of decadence, shadow play, and dark magic. They wore their indiscretions as a badge of honor, creating a game of politics so deadly and dangerous, even simple court jesters are forced to watch their backs. If nothing else, Eldeer knew how to manipulate and deceive. 

Her eyes were level, neither intrigued nor entirely passive. Just... there, as if she weren't quite looking at Mehndi, and yet she was. 

"Greetings." The deer stated as she stopped in front of Mehndi, looking down at her and her attire. "It's delightful to see at least someone on this ship knows how to dress, no? It's amusing to see these little... things... so eager to please one another they forget they themselves even exist." 

The doe chuckled. "And yet here you are, in no hurry to please others I see. Delightful." She mused.

"Shadowmancer Emberreaver." She stated, holding out her hoof in front of Mehndi as a matter of course. 

TU: Ohh yes I'm Techno and I'm what you could call one of the main guardins of this world. I've spent most of my life in my lab deep beneath the surface watching over Equestria and protecting in from threats that come from other universes. So really without me equestria wouldn't stand a chance against the universal beasts out there who want this place gone from existence. Anyways the wine here tastes very strange to me.

Techno's system then started to make his and Grimclaw's capes flow behind them like if they were flowing in the wind...

TU: Yeah and my system is doing it's own thing again! Anyways I do quite like your cape there! 

• Brohoof 1

Two more of the diplomats entered as everyone was enjoying their wine. It was... the most peculiar combination of creatures. The first was another tall Deer, this one a woodland stag from Equestria, a virtuous creature surprisingly enough. Especially when compared to all the others in the gallery. He looked extraordinarily regale in his stance, even though he only wore bracers made of leaves around his ankles, and a cape made out of similar green and flowery material. He had a simple genuine smile as he entered, thanking one of the servers for the wine with a gentle tilt of the head. 

Accompanying him was the strangest creature... it looked like something you did NOT want to run into out in the jungle. It was a lizard with small razor sharp teeth, a giant blue lizard. Well, giant for a lizard, it was skinny with lanky limbs. Just a little taller than a decent sized pony. Its head darted to and fro spastically as it meandered back and forth behind its taller deer companion. The blue skinny lizard had black charcoal paints in tribal patterns across its arms. It sported solid gold bands around its wrists and ankles, along with a gold tribal headdress with giant long red, white, blue and yellow feathers from a tropical bird. 

If anything, it looked like a dinosaur, a living breathing dinosaur. Arms oriented forward palms down in its natural hunched overs stance while it examined all the guests in the room, still standing behind the stag. 

@PuddingPonyPal

"Likewise." The doe replied, reciprocating the shake. "Enjoy your... wine..." 

She gestured to one of the platters before channeling her magic, causing a sickly black glow around her antlers. Dark magic... it was their magic of choice, even for the most mundane things. Emberreaver had no qualms about the repercussions of using such things, none of them did. She levitated several glasses of wine over to her, downing all of it in a few gulps. 

"Ugh... terrible. Deer make far better drink. You should sample some woodland wine sometime. Hate their guts, but I must admit, they make the best." She shrugged before patting Mehndi. "Watch yourself around these folk."

With that she stepped off to mess with some of the other nobles by looking down upon them and giving them a few biting words. She certainly had a tongue on her.

"Classy group of people..." A mare said sarcastically as she approached Mehndi, it was the reporter in the candy striped dress. Her companion had left, so now she found herself all alone in a sea of fancy fools. 

"Ah, sorry ma'am, didn't mean to speak out of term." The mare bowed apologetically to Mehndi, thinking the other earth pony was another noble. "Sorry to bother you, I just had a few questions if you might have the time. I understand if you're busy like everyone else though of course!"

For a reporter, she was quite nervous. It was pretty clear from her voice, let alone the rest of her demeanor. 

@Techno Universal

The griffon stood there for a few moments in silence, scratching his head and raising a brow at Techno's long explanation of things. It seemed the bird was more than happy to dish out a few words himself, but was hardly focused enough to listen to others... not exactly a good conversationist. 

"Ah! Well, good on yah!" He replied, at least trying to contribute to the conversation. "I'm a Paladin myself, taken more than a few cosmic horrors on in my travels! Nothing like a trusty weapon at your side. Me? A halberd, excellent at slaying beasts bigger than yourself. It's what they're made for. So what's your weapon of choice then?"

He reached out to snag the tails of one of the servers, causing them to almost fall back onto their flank and drop her platter of wines. She turned around quickly and afraid to see the big griffon gesturing to her for one of the glasses, she quickly obliged and he took one... then another. 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

Two more of the diplomats entered as everyone was enjoying their wine. It was... the most peculiar combination of creatures. The first was another tall Deer, this one a woodland stag from Equestria, a virtuous creature surprisingly enough. Especially when compared to all the others in the gallery. He looked extraordinarily regale in his stance, even though he only wore bracers made of leaves around his ankles, and a cape made out of similar green and flowery material. He had a simple genuine smile as he entered, thanking one of the servers for the wine with a gentle tilt of the head. 

Accompanying him was the strangest creature... it looked like something you did NOT want to run into out in the jungle. It was a lizard with small razor sharp teeth, a giant blue lizard. Well, giant for a lizard, it was skinny with lanky limbs. Just a little taller than a decent sized pony. Its head darted to and fro spastically as it meandered back and forth behind its taller deer companion. The blue skinny lizard had black charcoal paints in tribal patterns across its arms. It sported solid gold bands around its wrists and ankles, along with a gold tribal headdress with giant long red, white, blue and yellow feathers from a tropical bird. 

If anything, it looked like a dinosaur, a living breathing dinosaur. Arms oriented forward palms down in its natural hunched overs stance while it examined all the guests in the room, still standing behind the stag. 

@PuddingPonyPal

"Likewise." The doe replied, reciprocating the shake. "Enjoy your... wine..." 

She gestured to one of the platters before channeling her magic, causing a sickly black glow around her antlers. Dark magic... it was their magic of choice, even for the most mundane things. Emberreaver had no qualms about the repercussions of using such things, none of them did. She levitated several glasses of wine over to her, downing all of it in a few gulps. 

"Ugh... terrible. Deer make far better drink. You should sample some woodland wine sometime. Hate their guts, but I must admit, they make the best." She shrugged before patting Mehndi. "Watch yourself around these folk."

With that she stepped off to mess with some of the other nobles by looking down upon them and giving them a few biting words. She certainly had a tongue on her.

"Classy group of people..." A mare said sarcastically as she approached Mehndi, it was the reporter in the candy striped dress. Her companion had left, so now she found herself all alone in a sea of fancy fools. 

"Ah, sorry ma'am, didn't mean to speak out of term." The mare bowed apologetically to Mehndi, thinking the other earth pony was another noble. "Sorry to bother you, I just had a few questions if you might have the time. I understand if you're busy like everyone else though of course!"

For a reporter, she was quite nervous. It was pretty clear from her voice, let alone the rest of her demeanor. 

@Techno Universal

The griffon stood there for a few moments in silence, scratching his head and raising a brow at Techno's long explanation of things. It seemed the bird was more than happy to dish out a few words himself, but was hardly focused enough to listen to others... not exactly a good conversationist. 

"Ah! Well, good on yah!" He replied, at least trying to contribute to the conversation. "I'm a Paladin myself, taken more than a few cosmic horrors on in my travels! Nothing like a trusty weapon at your side. Me? A halberd, excellent at slaying beasts bigger than yourself. It's what they're made for. So what's your weapon of choice then?"

He reached out to snag the tails of one of the servers, causing them to almost fall back onto their flank and drop her platter of wines. She turned around quickly and afraid to see the big griffon gesturing to her for one of the glasses, she quickly obliged and he took one... then another. 

TU: Well really maybe I guess my weapon of choice would probably be my magic because of how insanely powerful it is! Like it could cause a Timberwolf to not only break up into logs but to actually seperate every single atom in them! But still the beasts I deal with are often mechanical beings that still possess magic and they are huge like they could be the size of Cantralot. And they come through space and I have to destroy them while up in orbit as equestria would be doomed if they reached the surface. Anyways my mental system is getting a strange quirky interest in capes especially massive ones as it's doing strange things. Like what it's doing now with our capes right now with them flowing in the wind when there's no wind here!

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi didn't trust that doe. Polite as they were to her, as soon as the doe patted her she could fell something. Danger. Mehndi then turned to the reporter mare and looked at her face. She could feel a wave of nervousness from her. Perhaps answering her questions would clam her down? "Sure, I'll answer a few if that will help you" she said to the other mare. Mehndi didn't like being asked certain questions especially personal ones. When she finds herself in a situation in which she has to answer about herself, she tends to make it short and not very informative. Still, she is willing to help a nervous mare do her job. 

The words from the Eldeer doe stuck with Mehndi. "Watch yourself around these folk" echoed in her mind. "Why?" She asked herself quietly. She stopped pondering and concentrated on the reporters questions. 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

"Ah... right..." Grim replied to Techno hesitantly, before chugging down a few more glasses of wine. He clearly wasn't there to merely 'taste' the alcohol. 

"Well... I've slayed my fare share of arachnoroc spiders... taken down a queen once! Tough fight certainly!" he tried boasting awkwardly, not quite sure how to one up Techno's claims, provided he actually understood what the alicorn was referring to. "Well ah, do enjoy the... wine."

The bird turned around to make his way across the room. Turning revealed something hiding behind his giant form. A colt was following Grim. The tiny out of place earth pony was wearing a cloth quartered tabard with red and white colors just like Grim's. He trailed behind the paladin with tiny quick moving legs, doing his best to keep up. Grim found a group of mares to impress at the other end of the gallery. 

Meanwhile, something began tugging on Techno's long cape. It was the blue tribal lizard creature, examining the cape intently with his amber eyes, the slits narrowing as he glared at it for some reason. Still the creatures head tilted from side to side curiously and spastically. It didn't say a word to Techno himself, just fondling the cape. 

@PuddingPonyPal

"Excellent!" She replied, beaming with delight, before suddenly pausing, hair standing on edge before she suddenly took a look at her watch. Whatever her thoughts, she put them aside. 

"Ah, sorry, anyway; so what are your thoughts about Princess Twilight's initiative to negotiate with some of the more shady groups in the new world? The Griffon's Cordial Colonies subjugate entire cultures, while the Eldeer take slaves and assassinate each other... Even the lizard folk sacrifice mammals on a whim. Vampires raising the dead... The gold changelings foal napping sailors... do those sound like groups Equestria should be associating with? Or, perhaps it's the start of influencing their actions, working to stop them through diplomacy rather than force? Thoughts?

10 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

"Ah... right..." Grim replied to Techno hesitantly, before chugging down a few more glasses of wine. He clearly wasn't there to merely 'taste' the alcohol. 

"Well... I've slayed my fare share of arachnoroc spiders... taken down a queen once! Tough fight certainly!" he tried boasting awkwardly, not quite sure how to one up Techno's claims, provided he actually understood what the alicorn was referring to. "Well ah, do enjoy the... wine."

The bird turned around to make his way across the room. Turning revealed something hiding behind his giant form. A colt was following Grim. The tiny out of place earth pony was wearing a cloth quartered tabard with red and white colors just like Grim's. He trailed behind the paladin with tiny quick moving legs, doing his best to keep up. Grim found a group of mares to impress at the other end of the gallery. 

Meanwhile, something began tugging on Techno's long cape. It was the blue tribal lizard creature, examining the cape intently with his amber eyes, the slits narrowing as he glared at it for some reason. Still the creatures head tilted from side to side curiously and spastically. It didn't say a word to Techno himself, just fondling the cape. 

@PuddingPonyPal

"Excellent!" She replied, beaming with delight, before suddenly pausing, hair standing on edge before she suddenly took a look at her watch. Whatever her thoughts, she put them aside. 

"Ah, sorry, anyway; so what are your thoughts about Princess Twilight's initiative to negotiate with some of the more shady groups in the new world? The Griffon's Cordial Colonies subjugate entire cultures, while the Eldeer take slaves and assassinate each other... Even the lizard folk sacrifice mammals on a whim. Vampires raising the dead... The gold changelings foal napping sailors... do those sound like groups Equestria should be associating with? Or, perhaps it's the start of influencing their actions, working to stop them through diplomacy rather than force? Thoughts?

Techno then tuned to the lizard with a smile...

TU: Ohh I can see you really like my cape there! Now is it because you love the colours of it or is it just the texture of it? Anyways it is very soft and cuddly plus it can't get dirty or damaged because of the magical properties it has!

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi Heart was utterly surprised at the questions she was asked. Politics was not her strong suit. Though she did have her own opinions on the matters the reporter spoke of. She wondered why this was important now but then regained memory about where she was. Of course, she is in a room filled with important creatures. They are of high rank in their kingdoms. Then why ask a lowly earth pony like herself? "I uh..." she started to say. "I... personally would have handled the decision differently." She added. "I really do admire Princess Twilight for her bravery and powers of automatic friendship but, some things are meant to be investigated before handing out kindness. I personally would have observed their war tactics, find out their ways of manipulation and use that to my advantage. If they didn't cooperate by the time I were to meet their gaze in private..." She paused. She thought to herself "What? What would I do???" She hadn't thought that far. Again politics is not and never was her strong suit. She needed to leave the conversation, but how? She honestly wanted to help the reporter mare but Mehndi didn't want to say that she would most likely try to stop the kingdoms from further committing horrendous crimes. Even if it ment for her to die in battle. She suddenly noticed @Techno Universal. "Uh hey! I finally found you!" Mehndi bowed her head towards the other mare and said "excuse me for a moment" and walked away. 

• Brohoof 1

The reporter's ears folded back in an embarrassed state. She clearly understood when she was being blown off. Still she nodded respectfully, while writing down the little bit that Mehndi was able to provide.  

"Of course, enjoy your evening!" She replied, trying to remain positive. 

The mare then looked around as Mehndi walked over to Techno, that thing on her mind before apparently returned, prompting her to pace around the room for a moment before leaving the gallery completely, before interviewing anyone else. 

Meanwhile, Mehndi arrived just in time to see the lizard creature fondling Techno's cape. When the stallion spoke up, trying to strike a conversation with the dangerous looking creature, it merely hissed and snapped at him angrily. Its shiny amber eyes glared at Techno, letting off a low raptorous screech. Finished with whatever it was examaning on the cape, the little raptor scurried over to the next unusual sight, Mehndi and her colorful clothes. 

The raptor circled around her in jerking motions, even going so far as to sniff her while grabbing at her clothes with his claws. 

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

The reporter's ears folded back in an embarrassed state. She clearly understood when she was being blown off. Still she nodded respectfully, while writing down the little bit that Mehndi was able to provide.  

"Of course, enjoy your evening!" She replied, trying to remain positive. 

The mare then looked around as Mehndi walked over to Techno, that thing on her mind before apparently returned, prompting her to pace around the room for a moment before leaving the gallery completely, before interviewing anyone else. 

Meanwhile, Mehndi arrived just in time to see the lizard creature fondling Techno's cape. When the stallion spoke up, trying to strike a conversation with the dangerous looking creature, it merely hissed and snapped at him angrily. Its shiny amber eyes glared at Techno, letting off a low raptorous screech. Finished with whatever it was examaning on the cape, the little raptor scurried over to the next unusual sight, Mehndi and her colorful clothes. 

The raptor circled around her in jerking motions, even going so far as to sniff her while grabbing at her clothes with his claws. 

Techno then tuned to Mehndi with a smile...

TU: Ohh it's you! It's really nice to have you here Mehndi plus this raptor seems to be really interested in my massive cape for some reason!

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi's heart started beating like a drum. She jerked as much as she could without trying to hurt the creature even though she was very afraid of it. The sensation of sniffing on her fur chilled her to the bone. She knew she shouldn't have used that Japanese Water Lilly bath scrub before attending the wine tasting. "What is this thing and what does it want???" She yelled in her mind. She started thinking she was going to be this creatures dinner. She wanted to scream for help but then realized something. This thing (what ever it is) is someone's pet or companion...

Time to show some courage. Mehndi sucked in a breath and said to the creature in a stern voice and said "Sit down or no food for you tonight!!! SIT". She bit her lip. She might have just shot herself in the hoof this time. 

• Brohoof 1

The raptor froze when Mehndi spoke up so suddenly and sternly, mouth slightly open and eyes widened in shock. Then, came the boiling fury behind those amber pools. There was a primal rage as the creature interpreted her order to whatever end. The tense moment simmered as the creature's body tensed as if preparing to strike or jump at her like a wild animal. 

"Ah! ah, I think she was speaking to my, friend!" The stag rushed over quickly to put a calming cloven hoof on the raptor's shoulder. "You used to be so perceptive! Didn't even notice I was standing right behind you." 

The woodland stag smirked jokingly to the raptor, lying of course. "That engineer you wanted to speak with, he's over there with the first mate." He gestured to the black and white diamond dog in the corner. 

Perking up the raptor slowly started towards the dog, pausing to turn back and narrow his eyes at Mehndi and Techno briefly, before scurrying off. The stag remained, glaring sternly at the two ponies before him, assuming techno was partially to blame for the incident as much as Mehndi. 

"What are your names?" he snapped. "Be thankful Kri and I are former adventuring companions! I don't care of your nobility, either of you. I'll have you both hanging from vines under the ship if you show such disrespect to a dignitary like that again. Am I understood!?"

The stag stomped one of his hooves for emphasis, but kept a low voice so most of the others in the room didn't hear. And yet, others were already starting to whisper and snicker at Mehndi and Techno's minor misfortune. 

"What do you two have to say for yourselves, hmm?" He sounded like a father scolding children at that point. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

The raptor froze when Mehndi spoke up so suddenly and sternly, mouth slightly open and eyes widened in shock. Then, came the boiling fury behind those amber pools. There was a primal rage as the creature interpreted her order to whatever end. The tense moment simmered as the creature's body tensed as if preparing to strike or jump at her like a wild animal. 

"Ah! ah, I think she was speaking to my, friend!" The stag rushed over quickly to put a calming cloven hoof on the raptor's shoulder. "You used to be so perceptive! Didn't even notice I was standing right behind you." 

The woodland stag smirked jokingly to the raptor, lying of course. "That engineer you wanted to speak with, he's over there with the first mate." He gestured to the black and white diamond dog in the corner. 

Perking up the raptor slowly started towards the dog, pausing to turn back and narrow his eyes at Mehndi and Techno briefly, before scurrying off. The stag remained, glaring sternly at the two ponies before him, assuming techno was partially to blame for the incident as much as Mehndi. 

"What are your names?" he snapped. "Be thankful Kri and I are former adventuring companions! I don't care of your nobility, either of you. I'll have you both hanging from vines under the ship if you show such disrespect to a dignitary like that again. Am I understood!?"

The stag stomped one of his hooves for emphasis, but kept a low voice so most of the others in the room didn't hear. And yet, others were already starting to whisper and snicker at Mehndi and Techno's minor misfortune. 

"What do you two have to say for yourselves, hmm?" He sounded like a father scolding children at that point. 

Techno then tuned to the stag with a confused look...

TU: Wait why exactly would I have a reason to hurt the raptor when he just came over to me to check out my massive cape? Like he was just passing by through here and examining things that he was interested in. 

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi calmed only a little when the creature stopped being creepy. Now she has to answer with an aggressive Stag. "I can't take this anymore" She raged inside her mind. "If I'm going to attend this damn tasting... then its time to give everypony here a taste of their own medicine!" All the anxiety and embarrassment in her melted away like acid leaving nothing but determination behind. She stood as tall as she could and said "Keep your disrespectful tone to your underlings. You're treading deep waters by acting as if I wanted to cause trouble. If anything, everypony here is on a self-promoted mission of showing off their "power". My motives are different. Observation and analyzing is what I do best. Not shoving my pride down other ponies throats like you. If you are of such "high importance" than act like it. Now, if you'll excuse me, I have important business to attend to." Mehndi turned and walked away from everypony. She approached another table and sat down with her mane covering her eyes. "What.. have I done???" she screamed in her head.

• Brohoof 1

"The Raptor has a name." The stag snapped at Techno, but before he could elaborate, Mehndi practically exploded. 

The room froze in silence, all eyes turning to stare at the commotion caused by the colorfully dressed earth pony dressing down the tall woodland deer. They were perhaps the most conspicuous two creatures in the entire room now. Even the other dignitaries paused to take a look. The raptor, however, whipped around halfway across the room when he heard Mehndi's outburst, staring at her with daggers in his wide amber eyes. 

It was clear the stag was furious as he watched her step away, patiently standing there in the center. He on watched her out of the corner of his eyes as she found her seat before turning back to Techno with a rageful fire behind his own eyes. Though, it was tempered and controlled, something that took a great deal of practice for most. 

"Kri-Ket is a Stellar Priest from the kingdom of the Lizard Folk. He's not accustomed to how things work in our societies. He's never even heard of airships before last week, let alone ridden in one." He explained to Techno. "Where he comes from, wearing strange clothing and using scents is to invite one to investigate. They believe it means you are quite literally asking for attention and acknowledgement."

"Please, do show more respect and patience. This is the only chance he has to practice his... Equestrian social skills." The stag added, before turning his head to scrunch his nose at Mehndi. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Grimclaw, the giant armored griffon came over to Mehndi's table. He didn't take a seat though, his size alone would break the chair. There was no telling how much those gold and silver plates on his armor would add to it, so he decided to sit on his flank on the ground, which still gave him a taller stance than any pony sitting down in a chair. He pulled back the seat for the little colt in the red and white tabard, same as his, that was following him around. 

"You must not be a fan of the noble scene, pony." The griffon stated, to break the ice. "Bah ha! If I had a coin for every time I wanted to strangle some scrawny politician sitting in front of me I'd own my own island by now..."

He seemed like he was trying to be polite, perhaps to diffuse something before it spiraled out of control. A far cry from the bigoted obnoxious creature griffons from the 'Cordial Colonies' were expected to be. Well, his voice was still loud and abrasive...

"Don't let that savage or the stag get to you..." he concluded. "By the way, where are you from, mare?"

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

"The Raptor has a name." The stag snapped at Techno, but before he could elaborate, Mehndi practically exploded. 

The room froze in silence, all eyes turning to stare at the commotion caused by the colorfully dressed earth pony dressing down the tall woodland deer. They were perhaps the most conspicuous two creatures in the entire room now. Even the other dignitaries paused to take a look. The raptor, however, whipped around halfway across the room when he heard Mehndi's outburst, staring at her with daggers in his wide amber eyes. 

It was clear the stag was furious as he watched her step away, patiently standing there in the center. He on watched her out of the corner of his eyes as she found her seat before turning back to Techno with a rageful fire behind his own eyes. Though, it was tempered and controlled, something that took a great deal of practice for most. 

"Kri-Ket is a Stellar Priest from the kingdom of the Lizard Folk. He's not accustomed to how things work in our societies. He's never even heard of airships before last week, let alone ridden in one." He explained to Techno. "Where he comes from, wearing strange clothing and using scents is to invite one to investigate. They believe it means you are quite literally asking for attention and acknowledgement."

"Please, do show more respect and patience. This is the only chance he has to practice his... Equestrian social skills." The stag added, before turning his head to scrunch his nose at Mehndi. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Grimclaw, the giant armored griffon came over to Mehndi's table. He didn't take a seat though, his size alone would break the chair. There was no telling how much those gold and silver plates on his armor would add to it, so he decided to sit on his flank on the ground, which still gave him a taller stance than any pony sitting down in a chair. He pulled back the seat for the little colt in the red and white tabard, same as his, that was following him around. 

"You must not be a fan of the noble scene, pony." The griffon stated, to break the ice. "Bah ha! If I had a coin for every time I wanted to strangle some scrawny politician sitting in front of me I'd own my own island by now..."

He seemed like he was trying to be polite, perhaps to diffuse something before it spiraled out of control. A far cry from the bigoted obnoxious creature griffons from the 'Cordial Colonies' were expected to be. Well, his voice was still loud and abrasive...

"Don't let that savage or the stag get to you..." he concluded. "By the way, where are you from, mare?"

TU: Yeah I was a little surprised when Kri-Ket just aggressively came back at me when I was just trying to socialise with him. It would of been a great thing for him to learn a few things off a conversation with me but he just tuned down that opportunity. Though my cape is a very interesting thing to pretty much everyone so I wasn't exactly too surprised when Kri started examining it. 

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi couldn't stop replaying the scene in her head. "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN STUPID!!!" she screamed in her mind. She suddenly noticed he large and tiny figures approaching her table. Her head shot up, worried it was either the Stag or security wanting to escort her out. Her mind stopped screaming and went silent as the Griffon sat and spoke. She noticed the tiny figure was... a foal? Why was there a foal here? She took her attention back at the Griffon's questions. Oh great, more questions. Mehndi sighed and said "No... I'm not a fan." She took a glass of wine, almost drinking a full gulp but then remembered how awful it was and set it down. She continued, answering that personal question for the hundredth time in her life. "Where I originally come from has little importance to me anymore. I left it all behind. I travel from place to place, never satisfied. Somehow, I find myself on this ship... still unsatisfied more or less." Mehndi paused. She knew what she was saying didn't answer the question. She decided instead of dancing around the question she would be honest but with a twist. "I'm from la maison du père" she said with a warm smile with her eyes far away in memories. 

• Brohoof 1

The last two nobles to show up finally entered the gallery. The first was... unexpected, and a surprise for most in the room unprepared, before turning into another novelty. It was a dark grey unicorn foal with slitted eyes, a vampire pony. Not a bat pony with wings, but a youth dressed up like a doll and accompanied by a tall undead skeleton earth pony. The filly though, looked like she could barely walk. 

The dress was something you would see at a nightmare night ball, blacks and greys with overflowing layers like a ball gown. Atop it were designs like spiderwebs crisscrossing out of the middle layer of the dress. The young mare's tail was hidden under the poofy gown, but her main, perfectly dun up and flowing off to the side, was out for all to see. Add to that she clearly had far too much makeup on. It practically changed the color of her face... a lighter shade of grey than the rest of her... coupled with black and dark purple makeup around her lips and eyes. 

She looked utterly confused, the little foal clearly did not want to be there. Her much taller undead skelly patiently stood behind her as she stood nervously in the corner.

That little filly was a stark contrast to the next one to enter, another earth pony. She was golden with locks of curly green hair. What made her odd was her choice of clothing. It was rather pointless really, translucent even. It covered nothing at all, though perhaps it did keep things warm. Like golden silk sheets draped over her form like a dress they waved and fluttered effortlessly as she walked. Though oddly enough, they had holes in them. Not torn, but intentionally cut. 

Most of the stallion's in the room instantly registered her presence of course... heads turned in an instant. There was just something about her perfect form that drew the eyes. She was certainly beautiful, and could have easily been a model in Equestria. In fact, it was too perfect. She made a beeline straight towards the center of the room, a clear mission in mind. 

@Techno Universal

"I'll speak with him." The stag replied to Techno, "Perhaps he wasn't a fan of whatever your attire is made with. I'm... still not familiar with some of the ticks associated with with his culture. Once more, he like his superiors, are extraordinarily stubborn. Trying to teach them is more akin to tricking them than sitting them down and explaining something. Well, for Kri that is..." 

The stag looked back over at Mehndi, noting she was now speaking with Grimclaw. He narrowed his eyes. 

"Please excuse me. I wish to speak with your friend over there..." He gave a polite bow of the head before turning and making his way across the room, passing the mare in her translucent golden dress. 

The mare reached Techno before the pony could do anything on his own accord. She looked up at him with glowing green eyes, just like her main and tail. Those eyes practically sparkled in wonder as she just... stood in front of him, staring up at him silently. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Grim scratched his head, clearly with no idea where it was she was talking about... if it was an actual place. Then again, he probably couldn't make the connection that it was more metaphorical than anything. 

"Oh! Right, yah, I heard it has uhm, excellent climate this time of year." he said with a wide, almost forced smile. "Well we all have some things we don't enjoy about our lives. Take me for example. Why, I can't tell you how many campaigns I've been on." 

He leaned in close and cupped his beak to whisper, "Get's a bit grating after a while..." He said before pulling back again. "Over and over, can't stand doing the same thing like that too long. Ugh, talk about boring. You can only lob so many heads off before getting sick of it eh?!"

Grim gave off a hearty laugh before smacking the little foal's back in a 'friendly' manner, almost sending the little colt headfirst onto the table. He was ready for it though, recovering before something bad happened and replying with a nervous smile to contribute to the conversation. 

"Ahem..." Came the interjection from the Stag, stepping up to the table to loom over Mehndi. "We're not finished with our conversation."

"Ugh, leave the mare alone thorny! Incase you weren't aware, we're having a talk here..." Grim stated, glaring at the stag. 

Mehndi gave a out a little giggle at the nickname the Griffon gave the Stag and his own obliviousness to the French language. This creature seemed to be a bit more "tuned in" with control of stress. Something she wish she had. Although, the smack on the foals back gave her an inner feeling of fear in the very pit of her stomach. She ignored it. While the Griffon and the Stag spoke to each other, Mehndi's head leaned past the two towards the new guests. Her mind exploded into imagination. Their cloths, their height, their different emotions... all so ... "astounding" She said out loud in a curious tone. Like a hit in the face, she caught the nervousness from the one filly quickly. "Oh..." She mustered out in a concerning tone. 

Mehndi Heart loves foals of all kinds. She got along with them much better than ponies her own age. She knew how stress and loneliness can alter a foal form the inside out. She knew how unbalanced emotions and thoughts can put them in harms way. Just like her... 

• Brohoof 1