Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mystery Theater: Mystery in the Clouds!

GoldieS

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

The last two nobles to show up finally entered the gallery. The first was... unexpected, and a surprise for most in the room unprepared, before turning into another novelty. It was a dark grey unicorn foal with slitted eyes, a vampire pony. Not a bat pony with wings, but a youth dressed up like a doll and accompanied by a tall undead skeleton earth pony. The filly though, looked like she could barely walk. 

The dress was something you would see at a nightmare night ball, blacks and greys with overflowing layers like a ball gown. Atop it were designs like spiderwebs crisscrossing out of the middle layer of the dress. The young mare's tail was hidden under the poofy gown, but her main, perfectly dun up and flowing off to the side, was out for all to see. Add to that she clearly had far too much makeup on. It practically changed the color of her face... a lighter shade of grey than the rest of her... coupled with black and dark purple makeup around her lips and eyes. 

She looked utterly confused, the little foal clearly did not want to be there. Her much taller undead skelly patiently stood behind her as she stood nervously in the corner.

That little filly was a stark contrast to the next one to enter, another earth pony. She was golden with locks of curly green hair. What made her odd was her choice of clothing. It was rather pointless really, translucent even. It covered nothing at all, though perhaps it did keep things warm. Like golden silk sheets draped over her form like a dress they waved and fluttered effortlessly as she walked. Though oddly enough, they had holes in them. Not torn, but intentionally cut. 

Most of the stallion's in the room instantly registered her presence of course... heads turned in an instant. There was just something about her perfect form that drew the eyes. She was certainly beautiful, and could have easily been a model in Equestria. In fact, it was too perfect. She made a beeline straight towards the center of the room, a clear mission in mind. 

@Techno Universal

"I'll speak with him." The stag replied to Techno, "Perhaps he wasn't a fan of whatever your attire is made with. I'm... still not familiar with some of the ticks associated with with his culture. Once more, he like his superiors, are extraordinarily stubborn. Trying to teach them is more akin to tricking them than sitting them down and explaining something. Well, for Kri that is..." 

The stag looked back over at Mehndi, noting she was now speaking with Grimclaw. He narrowed his eyes. 

"Please excuse me. I wish to speak with your friend over there..." He gave a polite bow of the head before turning and making his way across the room, passing the mare in her translucent golden dress. 

The mare reached Techno before the pony could do anything on his own accord. She looked up at him with glowing green eyes, just like her main and tail. Those eyes practically sparkled in wonder as she just... stood in front of him, staring up at him silently. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Grim scratched his head, clearly with no idea where it was she was talking about... if it was an actual place. Then again, he probably couldn't make the connection that it was more metaphorical than anything. 

"Oh! Right, yah, I heard it has uhm, excellent climate this time of year." he said with a wide, almost forced smile. "Well we all have some things we don't enjoy about our lives. Take me for example. Why, I can't tell you how many campaigns I've been on." 

He leaned in close and cupped his beak to whisper, "Get's a bit grating after a while..." He said before pulling back again. "Over and over, can't stand doing the same thing like that too long. Ugh, talk about boring. You can only lob so many heads off before getting sick of it eh?!"

Grim gave off a hearty laugh before smacking the little foal's back in a 'friendly' manner, almost sending the little colt headfirst onto the table. He was ready for it though, recovering before something bad happened and replying with a nervous smile to contribute to the conversation. 

"Ahem..." Came the interjection from the Stag, stepping up to the table to loom over Mehndi. "We're not finished with our conversation."

"Ugh, leave the mare alone thorny! Incase you weren't aware, we're having a talk here..." Grim stated, glaring at the stag. 

Techno then tuned to the mere and he got somehow attracted to her. His system then caused his cape to start fluttering around behind him again...

TU: Ohh! Uhh so I wonder who you are beautiful!

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@PuddingPonyPal

"... but it's not. In all actuality nobility comes with with a great deal of responsibility and- and-" The stag growled at Mehndi, slamming his hoof on the table in front of her. "Are you even listening to me!?"

The stag had been prattling away as she examined the new arrivals. Grim wasn't really listening either, just kind of staring at him as he spoke. If nothing else, the bird knew how to handle his temper. Or rather, he knew how to zone out enough for it not to bother him. Not once did he speak with a heated tone or any note of anger in his voice. It was more annoyance and eye rolling than anything else. 

"yes yes, we've all heard it before." Grim replied to the Stag. "Why don't you go... eat some grass or something."

The stag rubbed his forehead as he scowled and looked away. After stomping his hoof on the floor again, he finally decided to leave matters be and just walk away. Maybe he wasn't as in tune with controlling  his emotions as he would have liked. 

Grim gave out a substantial yawn. "Ah well, enjoy the wine. That fool tries to bother you again just come find me and I'll give him a good ringing!"

The bird stood up, prompting his little colt to hop down from the seat to follow him. Grim gave Mehndi a pat on the back with his armored claws before leaving her to her own devices. 

@Techno Universal

The mare blushed at Techno's blunt comment, looking away embarrassingly. She rubbed her shoulder, still mostly silent and ears folded down a little as she tried to look just a little smaller to the much larger pony. 

"B-beautiful? Well... I wouldn't say that... I'm actually pretty ugly." She replied jokingly with a light hearted but nervous laugh. "I just look like this now, but I know ponies think I'm ugly. No one likes to look at my kind." 

She looked up at him with her sparkling eyes. Despite her claims, just about every stallion in the room gave her a good once over at least once after she had entered. The mare was still getting lookyloos as some of the other passengers just so happen to walk rather closely around her. 

"So you're ah... wow..." She looked techno over again, wanderlust and intrigue in her eyes. "I've never seen another one before... a pony one I mean. Are you a... king?" 

Edited by GoldieS

The sudden yell of her attention woke her from her trance immediately. Her attention reverted to the Stag and the Griffon.... that Griffon.... he helped her? Or at least offered to help her another day??? No. He must have been trying to defuse things for him and the ship only. Yet he gave her a pat on the back and it didn't feel as strange as the pat from the Eldeer doe. Mehndi shook her head from all these conflicting thoughts. She needed to focus more on the mission she is on an why she is on the ship in the first place. Her eyes wondered around looking for the filly she saw before. There she was, still in the same corner. Mehndi stood from her table and started weaving around the outskirts of the gathering towards the filly carefully. If she was going to do what her own mother requested of her to do on this ship, then might as well start with a filly who needs a hoof up. Mehndi's face went from concerned to curious again. Her voice lowered to a soft and inviting tone. "Good evening." she said while tipping her top hat in respect. 

Edited by PuddingPonyPal
misspell
  • Brohoof 1

41 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@PuddingPonyPal

"... but it's not. In all actuality nobility comes with with a great deal of responsibility and- and-" The stag growled at Mehndi, slamming his hoof on the table in front of her. "Are you even listening to me!?"

The stag had been prattling away as she examined the new arrivals. Grim wasn't really listening either, just kind of staring at him as he spoke. If nothing else, the bird knew how to handle his temper. Or rather, he knew how to zone out enough for it not to bother him. Not once did he speak with a heated tone or any note of anger in his voice. It was more annoyance and eye rolling than anything else. 

"yes yes, we've all heard it before." Grim replied to the Stag. "Why don't you go... eat some grass or something."

The stag rubbed his forehead as he scowled and looked away. After stomping his hoof on the floor again, he finally decided to leave matters be and just walk away. Maybe he wasn't as in tune with controlling  his emotions as he would have liked. 

Grim gave out a substantial yawn. "Ah well, enjoy the wine. That fool tries to bother you again just come find me and I'll give him a good ringing!"

The bird stood up, prompting his little colt to hop down from the seat to follow him. Grim gave Mehndi a pat on the back with his armored claws before leaving her to her own devices. 

@Techno Universal

The mare blushed at Techno's blunt comment, looking away embarrassingly. She rubbed her shoulder, still mostly silent and ears folded down a little as she tried to look just a little smaller to the much larger pony. 

"B-beautiful? Well... I wouldn't say that... I'm actually pretty ugly." She replied jokingly with a light hearted but nervous laugh. "I just look like this now, but I know ponies think I'm ugly. No one likes to look at my kind." 

She looked up at him with her sparkling eyes. Despite her claims, just about every stallion in the room gave her a good once over at least once after she had entered. The mare was still getting lookyloos as some of the other passengers just so happen to walk rather closely around her. 

"So you're ah... wow..." She looked techno over again, wanderlust and intrigue in her eyes. "I've never seen another one before... a pony one I mean. Are you a... king?" 

TU: Well I'm sort of like a king to equestria but I'm mainly there to protect it from the threats that come from other universes. Anyways I really like how your dress is flowing like that as it's exactly the same to what my cape is doing!

Techno then smiled and blushed a bit at the mare as his cape flutterd around behind him as if there was actually wind...

• Brohoof 2

@PuddingPonyPal

The dolled up filly noticed Mehndi approaching her at a rapid pace, the little vampire unicorn looking around frantically and suddenly. She then jumped when Mehndi actually addressed her, eyes filling with fear as she stared up at her. 

On que, the skeleton pony stepped forward to shield the filly from the colorfully dressed pony trying to speak with her. The skeleton snorted and stamped the ground aggressively, apparently trying to scare Mehndi away. 

Slowly the filly looked up at Mehndi as she tried to present herself as polite and inviting. The skeleton didn't have any qualms about trying to scare her off, but the filly was starting to relax a little bit with the disarming tone. It was something between what many of the fancy passengers were presenting with and a genuinely polite tone. That was more rare aboard the ship. 

"Oh, uhm..." She paused, trying to consider and think of how she was 'supposed' to respond, ears folded back in embarrassment as a switch flipped inside her. "Good evening pony, I am the first of my name, Countess Nina Diedrich, Lady of House Necropolis and Third Negotiator of the Consortium." 

The words sounded completely rehearsed, just as if she were speaking in a play for foals. To that end, they sounded dreadfully insincere, in the most stereotypical 'posh' way possible. It was clear she was still nervous. Despite the long ball gown hiding her shaking legs, there wasn't much that could hide folded down ears and shaky wide eyes. 

"And who- uhm- what may I address you as?" She asked with a faked snooty appeal, remembering to raise her head high to look down her nose at Mehndi, even though the mare was clearly taller than her. 

@Techno Universal

The golden mare giggled at his comments about his cape and her translucent dress. Her dress wasn't exactly flowing, but she blushed anyway at his attempts to be polite and, even... flirt? That's certainly what she appeared to take from it. 

She stepped a little closer, moving to gently run her hoof across Techno's cape. The mare was surprised at quality of it, how soft it really was. That meant she had been skeptical at first, but it didn't matter at that point. 

Perhaps it was the time of day, maybe Techno had been up for far too long already. Everyone had to sleep sometime, but at the moment Techno's energy was slowly starting to drain. It was as if he'd been up for two days straight! There had been no indication of this sudden drain in energy until that point. 

"Forgive me, Mr. King, may I ask your name?" She asked as politely and respectfully as possible. 

16 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@PuddingPonyPal

The dolled up filly noticed Mehndi approaching her at a rapid pace, the little vampire unicorn looking around frantically and suddenly. She then jumped when Mehndi actually addressed her, eyes filling with fear as she stared up at her. 

On que, the skeleton pony stepped forward to shield the filly from the colorfully dressed pony trying to speak with her. The skeleton snorted and stamped the ground aggressively, apparently trying to scare Mehndi away. 

Slowly the filly looked up at Mehndi as she tried to present herself as polite and inviting. The skeleton didn't have any qualms about trying to scare her off, but the filly was starting to relax a little bit with the disarming tone. It was something between what many of the fancy passengers were presenting with and a genuinely polite tone. That was more rare aboard the ship. 

"Oh, uhm..." She paused, trying to consider and think of how she was 'supposed' to respond, ears folded back in embarrassment as a switch flipped inside her. "Good evening pony, I am the first of my name, Countess Nina Diedrich, Lady of House Necropolis and Third Negotiator of the Consortium." 

The words sounded completely rehearsed, just as if she were speaking in a play for foals. To that end, they sounded dreadfully insincere, in the most stereotypical 'posh' way possible. It was clear she was still nervous. Despite the long ball gown hiding her shaking legs, there wasn't much that could hide folded down ears and shaky wide eyes. 

"And who- uhm- what may I address you as?" She asked with a faked snooty appeal, remembering to raise her head high to look down her nose at Mehndi, even though the mare was clearly taller than her. 

@Techno Universal

The golden mare giggled at his comments about his cape and her translucent dress. Her dress wasn't exactly flowing, but she blushed anyway at his attempts to be polite and, even... flirt? That's certainly what she appeared to take from it. 

She stepped a little closer, moving to gently run her hoof across Techno's cape. The mare was surprised at quality of it, how soft it really was. That meant she had been skeptical at first, but it didn't matter at that point. 

Perhaps it was the time of day, maybe Techno had been up for far too long already. Everyone had to sleep sometime, but at the moment Techno's energy was slowly starting to drain. It was as if he'd been up for two days straight! There had been no indication of this sudden drain in energy until that point. 

"Forgive me, Mr. King, may I ask your name?" She asked as politely and respectfully as possible. 

TU: Ohh yes of corse! I'm Techno Universal if your wondering about my name and yes I'm starting to get a bit of an itch.

Techno then scratched an itch on his head for a massive yellow and white cape to appear on the mare. It seemed to be identical to Techno's cape except for it's appearance...

TU: Ohh and it looks like my system seems to really like you!

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi Heart didn't let the skeleton pony scare her. She knew he was only trying to support the foals. She gave him a gentle smile as he realized she was no threat. When the filly responded with her fake accord, Mehndi had to swallow a small chuckle. The filly's act immediately reminded her of somepony she once knew in her life. Somepony who learned what "being yourself" really meant while in acquaintance with Mehndi. Before her mind started to swirl with memories again, she answered the filly's question. "My name is Mehndi Heart but, you can call me anything that you feel is more welcoming." Mehndi then bowed her head in a polite gesture. She looked back up with a warm smile still on her face. Her eyes sparkled as she saw the filly's emotions take in everything.  

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

The mare paused for a moment as Techno provided the golden cloak. She seemed a little confused when he mentioned some kind of... itch... before summoning the article of clothing. For a moment, she considered something. 

A look of shock, horror, embarrassment, and disgust all washed across her face right before anger. The mare suddenly reached up and smacked techno across the face in anger, eyes furious, before tossing the cloak in the taller pony's face. 

"Perve!" She shouted, loud enough for everyone in the gallery to hear. Most tried to avoid looking in Techno and the mare's direction, though they did watch from the corner of their eyes and snickered, whispering to one another yet again to spread some gossip right then and there. 

"How dare you! Is that all you think my kind is good for!?" She snapped, before swinging around and smacking his face with her tail after leaving a mark on his cheek with her hoof. 

In a huff she walked away. 

@PuddingPonyPal

The two were interrupted by the golden mare shouting at Techno in the center of the gallery. She paused for a moment, before calling her attention back to Mehndi. Nina was a little taken back by the lack of formality about the whole situation. 

Her skeleton kept a wary eye on Mehndi, staying close to Nina while they spoke. At least he no longer stood between them, but there was something more going on in his mind, if he had one. He certainly appeared to have a mind of his own, though he couldn't possibly... he was a construct after all. Or... was he resurrected? Necromancy was confusing...

"Oh, alright Ms. Heart." Nina slowly lowered her head back to a more... natural position as she examined Mehndi. "Are you... are you a ring master? Like... for a circus?"

The question came out quickly and bluntly, eyes widening in curiosity. "I went to a circus once, and the pony in charge was dressed like you are, is that what you do?"

The skeleton perked up when Nina mentioned visiting a circus before. He looked at her, but with a lack of muscles and skin, it was impossible to tell what he was thinking. Though, Nina's ashamed reaction with ears pulling back, and face saying sorry, it was clear what that stare meant.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

The mare paused for a moment as Techno provided the golden cloak. She seemed a little confused when he mentioned some kind of... itch... before summoning the article of clothing. For a moment, she considered something. 

A look of shock, horror, embarrassment, and disgust all washed across her face right before anger. The mare suddenly reached up and smacked techno across the face in anger, eyes furious, before tossing the cloak in the taller pony's face. 

"Perve!" She shouted, loud enough for everyone in the gallery to hear. Most tried to avoid looking in Techno and the mare's direction, though they did watch from the corner of their eyes and snickered, whispering to one another yet again to spread some gossip right then and there. 

"How dare you! Is that all you think my kind is good for!?" She snapped, before swinging around and smacking his face with her tail after leaving a mark on his cheek with her hoof. 

In a huff she walked away. 

@PuddingPonyPal

The two were interrupted by the golden mare shouting at Techno in the center of the gallery. She paused for a moment, before calling her attention back to Mehndi. Nina was a little taken back by the lack of formality about the whole situation. 

Her skeleton kept a wary eye on Mehndi, staying close to Nina while they spoke. At least he no longer stood between them, but there was something more going on in his mind, if he had one. He certainly appeared to have a mind of his own, though he couldn't possibly... he was a construct after all. Or... was he resurrected? Necromancy was confusing...

"Oh, alright Ms. Heart." Nina slowly lowered her head back to a more... natural position as she examined Mehndi. "Are you... are you a ring master? Like... for a circus?"

The question came out quickly and bluntly, eyes widening in curiosity. "I went to a circus once, and the pony in charge was dressed like you are, is that what you do?"

The skeleton perked up when Nina mentioned visiting a circus before. He looked at her, but with a lack of muscles and skin, it was impossible to tell what he was thinking. Though, Nina's ashamed reaction with ears pulling back, and face saying sorry, it was clear what that stare meant.

TU: Wait that wasn't even me who spawned that! It was me system and my system is a part of my mind that has it's own independent mind! Seriously I didn't have control over that plus e carful with who you smack like that as you might slap the wrong pony at some point and then they come back at you so hard to the point that they end your life. It's like if you slap a changeling and it then kills you in response to what you did.

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi wasn't surprised at the filly's questions. She knew she looked very similar to that kind of style. She giggled a little and responded "No, I don't have the disciplinary kind of mind a Ring Master does but I have gone to a circus before myself! I was able to go back stage and meet everypony there." Mehndi's mind flashed back to that wonderful week of mastery and trickery of the circus she came across in her travels to Ponyville. She continued with a far away but bright look. "There were many strange but talented ponies! One mare could fit her entire body into a small empty chest. Another mare could walk on cold ice, hot coals and even on a rope suspended in the air! Then there was this very handsome stallion who could lift at least 10 times his weight in the air with ease." Mehndi caught herself before she could babble on and on. She didn't want to make the filly or her companion bored with her stories.  

• Brohoof 1

"Attention passengers," Came a voice over the intercom (after the following events), "We've run across an unexpected storm system, I'm afraid we'll be postponing the wine tasting event. Please, all passengers return to your cabins. We expect to pass through it quickly, but for the sake of safety we'd like everyone to remain in their rooms for the duration." 

The guests all had a similar reaction. Mostly that of annoyance. A few snide comments here, some chuckles there, it was clear they might not have cared about some no name captain's suggestion. A good number decided to disregard the request, and instead head to each others rooms to continue conversation. 

@Techno Universal

"Your system!? What's that supposed to mean, you mean like your wing stallion or something!? Is there someone around here helping you try to 'woo' me? Hu, hu!?" She snapped, wide eyed fury bursting from every pore as she stared Techno down viciously. "Or is your 'system' some kind of game!?"

She started to turn around when Techno mentioned why she shouldn't have hit him, the simple suggestion that there was no telling who he actually was, or anyone for that matter. It was more common sense than anything. Anyone could lie, hide their true intentions, or their emotions until they came to a boil. Yet, that's now how she seemed to take it. 

"EXCUSE ME!?" She whipped around once again. "HOW DARE YOU!!" She yelled. 

"You think we just kill on a whim? That we're just a bunch of mindless monsters hu? Is that it!? Changelings are all just murderous beasts that can't control themselves!?" In a flash she dropped her tantalizingly beautiful persona, into the black husked, golden shelled and eyed changeling she was. The intentional holes in her dress matching the curves and openings in her legs and body. 

The changeling punched Techno in the shin before turning around in a huff. As the others watched of course. Just then, the voice came over the intercom, suggesting everyone return to their cabins to the dismay of those attending the wine drinking. Gradually, the room started to empty. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Nina's eyes practically sparkled as she imagined the ponies Mehndi was describing. She clearly had an interest in the unusual, something more than just the normal mundane noble lifestyle that was thrust upon her. 

"That sounds amazing! The one I went to was a- a-" She paused trying to think of the word. "Mageri? Mandolin? Mandarin? Manger? Oh yah! A menagerie! That's what it was, they had a bunch of different creatures from all over the world! There was this giant olyfont, a speckled horse with a really long neck, colorful talking birds, one of them could even tell the future!" 

The skeleton was not at all pleased with what the young mare was describing. He clearly didn't approve of her extracurricular activities. Before she could add anything to her comments, the voice came over the intercom. Nina looked disappointed they had to part ways. The skeleton oriented himself towards the exit, as if to suggest they not waste time. 

Nina hesitantly turned to leave without further word to Mehndi, but made it a point to make her authority known to the skeleton by stopping to speak to Mehndi one last time. "Do you... think we could talk more about it later? I mean, if you want to..."

Mehndi looked up wondering where the voice was coming from as it said to return to their cabins. She frowned a little but then heard the filly's words. She almost fell over with happiness as she actually may have turning things around for the better. She composed herself and said "Oh of course my Countess! Feel free to approach me anytime!"

As they parted ways, Mehndi's heart sang a tune. Ignoring the fact that the ride was getting a bit darker to walk through from the storm covering the sun. Walking down the halls with all these strange paintings and carpeted floors wasn't so mundane anymore. She reached her cabin with 20 minutes with her mind dancing the whole time. She entered her cabin, closing the door behind her then she finally let out all her feelings. She started to sing.

~Still and silent

Calm before the storm

Gold and diamond

Jewels behind the throne~ 

Mehndi's body couldn't take the stillness anymore. She started to twirl as if she were dancing with somepony. Her moves weren't practiced but graceful all the same. 

~Into the night, Out of the dark

Take to the sky, Chasing the stars

All that we said, All that we are

Waiting to fly, This is the start~

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

"Attention passengers," Came a voice over the intercom (after the following events), "We've run across an unexpected storm system, I'm afraid we'll be postponing the wine tasting event. Please, all passengers return to your cabins. We expect to pass through it quickly, but for the sake of safety we'd like everyone to remain in their rooms for the duration." 

The guests all had a similar reaction. Mostly that of annoyance. A few snide comments here, some chuckles there, it was clear they might not have cared about some no name captain's suggestion. A good number decided to disregard the request, and instead head to each others rooms to continue conversation. 

@Techno Universal

"Your system!? What's that supposed to mean, you mean like your wing stallion or something!? Is there someone around here helping you try to 'woo' me? Hu, hu!?" She snapped, wide eyed fury bursting from every pore as she stared Techno down viciously. "Or is your 'system' some kind of game!?"

She started to turn around when Techno mentioned why she shouldn't have hit him, the simple suggestion that there was no telling who he actually was, or anyone for that matter. It was more common sense than anything. Anyone could lie, hide their true intentions, or their emotions until they came to a boil. Yet, that's now how she seemed to take it. 

"EXCUSE ME!?" She whipped around once again. "HOW DARE YOU!!" She yelled. 

"You think we just kill on a whim? That we're just a bunch of mindless monsters hu? Is that it!? Changelings are all just murderous beasts that can't control themselves!?" In a flash she dropped her tantalizingly beautiful persona, into the black husked, golden shelled and eyed changeling she was. The intentional holes in her dress matching the curves and openings in her legs and body. 

The changeling punched Techno in the shin before turning around in a huff. As the others watched of course. Just then, the voice came over the intercom, suggesting everyone return to their cabins to the dismay of those attending the wine drinking. Gradually, the room started to empty. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Nina's eyes practically sparkled as she imagined the ponies Mehndi was describing. She clearly had an interest in the unusual, something more than just the normal mundane noble lifestyle that was thrust upon her. 

"That sounds amazing! The one I went to was a- a-" She paused trying to think of the word. "Mageri? Mandolin? Mandarin? Manger? Oh yah! A menagerie! That's what it was, they had a bunch of different creatures from all over the world! There was this giant olyfont, a speckled horse with a really long neck, colorful talking birds, one of them could even tell the future!" 

The skeleton was not at all pleased with what the young mare was describing. He clearly didn't approve of her extracurricular activities. Before she could add anything to her comments, the voice came over the intercom. Nina looked disappointed they had to part ways. The skeleton oriented himself towards the exit, as if to suggest they not waste time. 

Nina hesitantly turned to leave without further word to Mehndi, but made it a point to make her authority known to the skeleton by stopping to speak to Mehndi one last time. "Do you... think we could talk more about it later? I mean, if you want to..."

When the mare slapped him the second time it ripped off half of the external skin on his face to then reveal that Techno was actually a robotic machine. The punches also just exposed his internal metal endoskeleton more...

TU: Ohh great now you've done it! Now do you see what I am!? 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

The changeling didn't give him the time of day, blowing off Techno's outburst as she walked away to the hall containing her room. The others were in the process of doing the same, only allowing cursory glances at the distraught pony. Not enough to really discern much about his current state of affairs. 

"Sir, please, you need to go to your cabin. All corridors should be cleared in case of emergency, and to make it easier for our engineers and crew to get around. Plus, it's easier to keep track of you guys." The first mate, still in his blue and white uniform ushered Techno along to his room, going so far as to open the door for him. 

The officer wasn't all that shocked or perturbed by Techno's injury and appearance. Travel across the world enough, and one tends to just accept the strange nature of some things.

"Going to be alright in here? Need me to send for the doctor? Might be a while before you'll be able to leave your cabbin." The first mate stated, gesturing to the large windows covering the top half of the far wall. 

Outside was a foreboding thunderstorm, the ship skirting the edges of the pitch black mass. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Mehndi's room was one located on the exterior as well, with a perfect view of the storm outside should the shudders be open. Rolling thick clouds, rain pelting the window as they cut through the atmosphere, puffs of cloud sliding by. Even though the clouds were almost pitch black, a little bit of light shown through to light her room, without the need for interior lighting. 

As she continued to kill her time, she could hear a thump next door. A few in fact. Either they were having a grand old time with someone else in the room... or they were tossing things around. It stopped soon enough though. Just her luck, her next door neighbor happened to be the Woodland Stag from the Wine Tasting event. 

Whoever his 'visitor' was snuck out of the room in only a short time, maybe ten or fifteen minutes after it started. All went quiet, and for a good hour the ship continued and passed around the storm. 

8 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@Techno Universal

The changeling didn't give him the time of day, blowing off Techno's outburst as she walked away to the hall containing her room. The others were in the process of doing the same, only allowing cursory glances at the distraught pony. Not enough to really discern much about his current state of affairs. 

"Sir, please, you need to go to your cabin. All corridors should be cleared in case of emergency, and to make it easier for our engineers and crew to get around. Plus, it's easier to keep track of you guys." The first mate, still in his blue and white uniform ushered Techno along to his room, going so far as to open the door for him. 

The officer wasn't all that shocked or perturbed by Techno's injury and appearance. Travel across the world enough, and one tends to just accept the strange nature of some things.

"Going to be alright in here? Need me to send for the doctor? Might be a while before you'll be able to leave your cabbin." The first mate stated, gesturing to the large windows covering the top half of the far wall. 

Outside was a foreboding thunderstorm, the ship skirting the edges of the pitch black mass. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Mehndi's room was one located on the exterior as well, with a perfect view of the storm outside should the shudders be open. Rolling thick clouds, rain pelting the window as they cut through the atmosphere, puffs of cloud sliding by. Even though the clouds were almost pitch black, a little bit of light shown through to light her room, without the need for interior lighting. 

As she continued to kill her time, she could hear a thump next door. A few in fact. Either they were having a grand old time with someone else in the room... or they were tossing things around. It stopped soon enough though. Just her luck, her next door neighbor happened to be the Woodland Stag from the Wine Tasting event. 

Whoever his 'visitor' was snuck out of the room in only a short time, maybe ten or fifteen minutes after it started. All went quiet, and for a good hour the ship continued and passed around the storm. 

Techno then entered his room and laid down on his bed...

TU: Well to be honest I wouldn't exactly need a doctor because I'm a robotic machine and you can probably see that by my exposed metal face. Anyways I can ad least fix myself up and I don't think any of the ship's engineers would be able to understand the technology behind me as it's more advanced than anything that's currently out in the world publicly.

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi Heart's song got cut off at the best part. Her twirling stopped and so did the beats in her heart. She recognized that kind of noise. Somepony is NOT having fun or throwing a fit. Those noises are violent, scared, and threatening. She started backing away from the wall the noise was coming from, ears folded back in fear. "No. Just... stop." her mind repeated. "Please.. stop fighting..." a child-like voice said in her subconscious. Suddenly, all went quiet. Mehndi's mind however wasn't quiet at all. The noises she heard gave her a chilling sense of disaster ahead. "Get out of my head!" she said as her front hoofs held her head tightly. Her vision started to blur, hearing going soft and quiet, her body's joints loosening. She fainted. 

"Wake up sweetheart... I need you to see something...".

Mehndi's eyes shot open, a small gasp escaping her lungs. "Mother?" she whispered.  Her eyes finally came into focus as she slowly sat up with a moan of discomfort. She noticed something strange as her mind started clearing. She wasn't in her room. Her eyes wondered around, looking at everything around her. Statues... statues that looked like everypony at the gathering she attended. They were all placed in a circle around her as if she were in some sort of surreal museum. "w-where am I??? who brought me h-" She was cut off by a loud *CRASH*. Mehndi jumped up like a surprised cat. She swiftly whirled around to see the... the Stag from the gathering? No. Just his statue that lay broken into many pieces on the floor; his head being the only thing that let her know it was in his likeness. Mehndi's legs shivered as she reached out one hoof to touch the statue's head. "MURDERER" the head screamed at her. 

"AHHHH" her scream woke her from her unconscious state. Her lungs gasped for fresh air as her eyes were mere pin pricks of color. Her body started moving before she could even start to put things together. She stood up and ran next door. She banged on her neighbors door violently. "OPEN! OPEN UP!!!" she yelled. The door slowly creaked open, revealing a horrid sight. 

• Brohoof 1

@PuddingPonyPal

The door slowly swung open upon Mehndi's beating, though it hadn't been fully closed to begin with. Whoever had left earlier, had both forgotten to close it all the way, or lock it. But... it wasn't the stag. 

He lay on the floor in the center of the room, face up but with his lower body slightly twisted to the side. He lay atop some of his grass and leave clothes that had been strewn about the room over tossed dresser drawers. A long belt was wrapped and tightened around his neck and thick main that went around, up, and down his neck. There appeared to be some discoloration around the base of his jawline, along with a stream of dark purple liquid from the corner of his open mouth. 

Again, clothes were strewn about the room as he lay lifeless atop some of them. The bedding had been torn from the mattress, while the mattress itself was moved slightly off the bed-frame. A writing desk adjacent to the bed had an inkwell spilled on a piece of parchment. On the floor in front of the desk, just atop an article of clothing, was a notebook with most of the pages torn out. Finally, the closet had been completely ransacked, the stag's grey saddle bags torn open and contents poured out in the closet. 

Well, there was one more thing... as if torn from someone's tail with magic, a clump of chocolate brown hair lay in a small heap beside the stag's antlers.

@Techno Universal

"Well... alright..." The first mate replied, politely and gently closing Techno's door as he left. 

At least an hour passed when a commotion started in the hallway. Someone was yelling, banging on one of the doors not far down the hall itself. It sounded frantic even, and it was clearly Mehndi's voice. She was clearly in a state of panic as she ordered someone to open their cabin door. 

Outside, she was standing in front of the stag's room, the very same that had given the two a harsh dressing down earlier. Likely she had thought over his comments and wanted to give her a piece of her mind again. That could only lead to more trouble... she was apparently someone to hold grudges. 

At the moment, no one else was in the hall, though a few doors did crack open to see what all the commotion was about. Even Nina, the filly Vampire Countess was peaking out fearfully to get a look of things. 

9 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

@PuddingPonyPal

The door slowly swung open upon Mehndi's beating, though it hadn't been fully closed to begin with. Whoever had left earlier, had both forgotten to close it all the way, or lock it. But... it wasn't the stag. 

He lay on the floor in the center of the room, face up but with his lower body slightly twisted to the side. He lay atop some of his grass and leave clothes that had been strewn about the room over tossed dresser drawers. A long belt was wrapped and tightened around his neck and thick main that went around, up, and down his neck. There appeared to be some discoloration around the base of his jawline, along with a stream of dark purple liquid from the corner of his open mouth. 

Again, clothes were strewn about the room as he lay lifeless atop some of them. The bedding had been torn from the mattress, while the mattress itself was moved slightly off the bed-frame. A writing desk adjacent to the bed had an inkwell spilled on a piece of parchment. On the floor in front of the desk, just atop an article of clothing, was a notebook with most of the pages torn out. Finally, the closet had been completely ransacked, the stag's grey saddle bags torn open and contents poured out in the closet. 

Well, there was one more thing... as if torn from someone's tail with magic, a clump of chocolate brown hair lay in a small heap beside the stag's antlers.

@Techno Universal

"Well... alright..." The first mate replied, politely and gently closing Techno's door as he left. 

At least an hour passed when a commotion started in the hallway. Someone was yelling, banging on one of the doors not far down the hall itself. It sounded frantic even, and it was clearly Mehndi's voice. She was clearly in a state of panic as she ordered someone to open their cabin door. 

Outside, she was standing in front of the stag's room, the very same that had given the two a harsh dressing down earlier. Likely she had thought over his comments and wanted to give her a piece of her mind again. That could only lead to more trouble... she was apparently someone to hold grudges. 

At the moment, no one else was in the hall, though a few doors did crack open to see what all the commotion was about. Even Nina, the filly Vampire Countess was peaking out fearfully to get a look of things. 

At this point Techno had finished fixing up his external skin on his face. He then heard the commotion outside and peaked through his door looking down the hallway...

TU: Okay seriously what's going on out here!?

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi's world came crashing down around her. She felt like throwing up. Her eyes darted around the scene, taking in all the sights. Death and violence were everywhere she looked. Her eyes showed utter fear and remembrance. A single tear flowed down her cheek as she staggered backwards. Her breath hurt as her hyperventilating started to scratch at her lungs.

"Its all your fault... its ALL your fault."  

A gruff voice said in her subconscious. She couldn't take it anymore. Mehndi screamed.  

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal @PuddingPonyPal

It was a grim and messy sight as Mendi stood in the hallway, just in front of the stag's open doorway. Her sudden scream certainly roused anyone not interested in inspecting the commotion. 

The lizard folk priest, Kri-Ket was the first to come bursting out of his cabin in a panic, hearing the terror stricken Mehndi. He wasn't wearing his tribal headdress, but still had on the solid gold bands. Kri bounded down the hallway a few doors down with a determined and scared look on his reptilian face. He might have had a bad experience with Mehndi earlier, but his true nature was that of a protector. 

He put one of his clawed hands on Mehndi as a show of support as he reached her, looking into the room to see what she was screaming about. Kri's entire form instantly froze when he saw Lighthorn's lifeless body on the floor. It was then he completely ignored consoling Mehndi, and jumped into the room in a mad panic. He quickly re-oriented the stag's head to listen for breath, all while resting his claws on the deer's chest in order to feel anything. 

"What's going on?" One of the passangers, the reporter's pegasus assistant, was the first to ask. "You alright!?"

He rushed over to the door as well, putting a wing on Mehndi to calm her down as he looked into the room, shocked at what he saw. Others began stepping out of their rooms as well, curiously demanding to know what was happening, Techno included. 

2 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

It was a grim and messy sight as Mendi stood in the hallway, just in front of the stag's open doorway. Her sudden scream certainly roused anyone not interested in inspecting the commotion. 

The lizard folk priest, Kri-Ket was the first to come bursting out of his cabin in a panic, hearing the terror stricken Mehndi. He wasn't wearing his tribal headdress, but still had on the solid gold bands. Kri bounded down the hallway a few doors down with a determined and scared look on his reptilian face. He might have had a bad experience with Mehndi earlier, but his true nature was that of a protector. 

He put one of his clawed hands on Mehndi as a show of support as he reached her, looking into the room to see what she was screaming about. Kri's entire form instantly froze when he saw Lighthorn's lifeless body on the floor. It was then he completely ignored consoling Mehndi, and jumped into the room in a mad panic. He quickly re-oriented the stag's head to listen for breath, all while resting his claws on the deer's chest in order to feel anything. 

"What's going on?" One of the passangers, the reporter's pegasus assistant, was the first to ask. "You alright!?"

He rushed over to the door as well, putting a wing on Mehndi to calm her down as he looked into the room, shocked at what he saw. Others began stepping out of their rooms as well, curiously demanding to know what was happening, Techno included. 

Techno then made his way to the scene and he then completely froze when he saw the body. His head was getting flooded with thoughts that were all demanding answers for what happened in the incident... 

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi didn't even feel Kri's claws or the pegasus wing. Her head was filling up to brink with fear, dread, guilt and horrible memories from the past. She had seen death before, but not as gruesome as this. Everything about death made her sick to her stomach. 

"You stupid STUPID mare. You killed him! You didn't save him..." 

That male pony's gruff voice screamed at her in her subconscious as she stood frozen; her body ice cold to the touch. "I...I can't..." Mehndi tried extremely hard to snap out of it and speak, but nothing was working. All she could do was watch in horror as Kri desperately checked the body for life. There was none... 

• Brohoof 1

Kri's motions and movements became more frantic as he checked for any sign of life at all, but was met with nothing. A fin popped up on the top of the lizard folk's head as he looked up. He began to chirp and screetch, loud and sharp enough to carry down the hall and likely hurt the ears. The raptor did this for a few moments, before the ship began to shake more and more. 

A giant creature burst out of the Lizard Folk's cabin. How it fit in there in the first place was a mystery, how it could even step through the doorways was another altogether, yet it managed to some degree of success. It could only be described as an upright walking cragodile, with the same blue scales and a darker blue rock back. The creature dropped to all fours and stampeded down the hall, rocking the ship and every little rivet. 

Luckily, most were able to get out of the charging creature's way. It could easily trample someone and break their bones with the sheer size and weight it seemed to have. It reached the door and quickly shoved his way past Brash, the reporters partner, Mehndi, and Techno. He didn't actually shove with his giant clawed hands, but rather walked through them as if they weren't even there. Brash almost fell to the ground as he pulled Mehndi aside for the creature. 

Meanwhile, Brash finally released Mehndi and moved and ran a short distance down the hall as if suddenly recalling something important. There was a phone on the wall, one connected to the various services aboard the ship.

"There's- there's been a murder! Send someone down here, please!" He demanded frantically through the phone. 

At that time, the walking cragodile picked up the Stag in both arms and turned to leave the room, Kri hanging off the creatures back as it walked quickly on its two mostly stubby legs down the hall. The infirmary wasn't far, perhaps they thought they could save him... maybe... he wasn't dead? The lizard folk did little to communicate anything to everyone standing around watching everything unfold. 

@BloodDrops

The infirmary was located in almost the exact center of the ship, just a little forward into the front half with access from both exterior passenger hallways on the middle deck. That was a design decision back from the old wars, but it was sill pretty convenient for access sake. 

It was a decent sized room, though a bit much for what such a high class passenger ship needed. The forward half of the clinic had the patient beds on one side, divided by rows of curtains and counter tops against the walls, six beds  in all. Opposite of that were the storage cabinets extending from the floor to the ceiling, bolted firmly to the floor but with safety glass windows on the larger doors to see what exactly was in them. A large sink sat at this end, complete with a number of cleaning supplies and sanitation items. 

The two long halves of the room were separated by a door on each wall leading to the passenger halls. On the opposite side of the room, was a small office space in one corner, and an old slab for examining corpses. Along the wall were the morgue lockers... again, something more or less left over from more tense times. Now they could be used for just about any projects the doctor and her assistant decided to undertake in their downtime that required refrigeration, along with some new refrigerated medicines as well. 

The phone on the desk rang. "Doc, this is the captain. There's been an incident, no details, but someone's been seriously injured. They're coming your way." 

That was all Captain Calico said before hanging up. Gradually, the ship began to shake more and more as one of the... bigger... passengers neared the door to the infirmary. At the moment, Blood's assistant was nowhere to be seen. He was on his 'lunch break'. 

Edited by GoldieS

36 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

Kri's motions and movements became more frantic as he checked for any sign of life at all, but was met with nothing. A fin popped up on the top of the lizard folk's head as he looked up. He began to chirp and screetch, loud and sharp enough to carry down the hall and likely hurt the ears. The raptor did this for a few moments, before the ship began to shake more and more. 

A giant creature burst out of the Lizard Folk's cabin. How it fit in there in the first place was a mystery, how it could even step through the doorways was another altogether, yet it managed to some degree of success. It could only be described as an upright walking cragodile, with the same blue scales and a darker blue rock back. The creature dropped to all fours and stampeded down the hall, rocking the ship and every little rivet. 

Luckily, most were able to get out of the charging creature's way. It could easily trample someone and break their bones with the sheer size and weight it seemed to have. It reached the door and quickly shoved his way past Brash, the reporters partner, Mehndi, and Techno. He didn't actually shove with his giant clawed hands, but rather walked through them as if they weren't even there. Brash almost fell to the ground as he pulled Mehndi aside for the creature. 

Meanwhile, Brash finally released Mehndi and moved and ran a short distance down the hall as if suddenly recalling something important. There was a phone on the wall, one connected to the various services aboard the ship.

"There's- there's been a murder! Send someone down here, please!" He demanded frantically through the phone. 

At that time, the walking cragodile picked up the Stag in both arms and turned to leave the room, Kri hanging off the creatures back as it walked quickly on its two mostly stubby legs down the hall. The infirmary wasn't far, perhaps they thought they could save him... maybe... he wasn't dead? The lizard folk did little to communicate anything to everyone standing around watching everything unfold. 

Techno then walked up to the body and completely scanned it to save it as a 3D object file in his system for further studying. Techno's system was now frantically claiming that the killer was likely the angry deer from earlier that he saw but Techno didn't exactly 100% trust his system but he knew that the deer must be a potential suspect is his system is pointing at the deer...

TU: Huh so my system is saying that the killer was the angry deer from earlier. I believe he might be a potential suspect if my system is pointing at him as the killer. 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal@PuddingPonyPal@GoldieS

The infirmary was outfitted with the latest methods of Equestrian Doctor Practices, or EDP for short. The head doctor or the only one in this case was a Miss, Blood Drops. She wasn't much to look at, Green coat and a dark grey mane wasn't the best complexion to work with, even rarity couldn't match that color set. Though she looked half decent in a doctor's coat, well official anyway. Within her infirmary everything was neat and tidy, nothing had really happened on this voyage, just the odd complaint of sea sickness which was easy enough to treat.

Blood Drops had just sent her assistant on his lunch break, since there was nothing really to be done at the present. She had made sure to teach him how to polish and clean stuff correctly earlier, his previous work had been so appalling she had made him scrub the infirmary toilet as a punishment, without magic mind you. She didn't hate magic per-say just didn't like it as a bypass to a good days hard work. Sure you could use it to clean everything, but then the spell was only so good as the caster, and that could risk patients if they got a infection. Secretly Blood Drops could use magic, though she kept that to herself, being a 'Earth Pony' had its limitations, though she wouldn't reveal what she actually was.

If anyone asked her about her cutie-mark, then she would simply reply she was a doctor and specialized within the blood subject of it, hence her cutiemark. Not that she was a actual zombie pony and had eaten something that have given her the cutie-mark. She presumed that wouldn't go down to well with the locals, try being a doctor with that on your CV, no thank you. She turned her head back to her equipment and frowned at her prized piece, her centrifuge. It was looking a tad bit dirty, maybe it needed a clean and a polish.  

Blood Drops had just finished polishing her centrifuge for the second time, and looked at the ringing telephone on the wall. "Grrr, that assistant" she grumbled to herself. phones were a nusience to earth ponies. She fumbled for the thing, almost dropping it in the process. "Hello?" she answered finally, before being interrupted by the captain. Seems that this would be her first 'real' patient. She had only barely got everything sorted before her infirmary door was pushed open. She pointed to one of the beds, then she flicked her tail dismissively at the others "Give me room to work, go on leave" She growled at them. and inspected her patient.

• Brohoof 1