Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Mystery Theater: Mystery in the Clouds!

GoldieS

Mehndi's heart broke into pieces. Now there were two others trying to revive him. She knew in her broken heart there was nothing they could do. She didn't say anything. She stopped trying to speak all together after failing to do so. She knew what was coming next. Security ponies, investigations, suspects... wait.... everypony on this ship is a suspect. Including herself... 

Mehndi Heart's legs started to shiver. Who ever killed the Stag is still on the loose... waiting for another victim. Her head looked around. Where could the killer have gone? Surely somepony must have herd another creature running down the halls, right? Or at least herd the noises from the Stag's room? "Investigations...." She thought in her mind. 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal @PuddingPonyPal

The two lizard folk carrying the stag were long gone, a small group gathered in the hall in front of his cabin's open door. Open and Brash, the two reporters, were right behind Mehndi and Techno. Two nobles stood gossiping and whispering to one another on one side, while on the other the maid and the diamond dog assistant chef stood with mouth's agape trying to make sense of it all. 

The light brown and white diamond dog stepped forward, gently shutting the door to the Stag's messy disheveled room, leaving everyone in the hall. 

"Did- did anyone see what happend, or... hear anything at all?" Brash, the stallion reporter asked, trying to break the awkward silence as all eyes found their way to Mehndi, the one to find the body. "What happened?"

@BloodDrops

The giant walking blue cragodile burst into the clinic carrying Lord Lighthorn, one of the diplomats, with a much smaller raptor like lizard clinging on the cragodile's back. The stag wasn't an arcane user, but he was a learned scholar of rituals and alchemy concerning life magics. Additionally, if rumors were true, he was quite the capable fighter. He was a Glade Warden after all, that was a title befitting of only the most hardened law bringers. And yet there he was, lifeless. 

The cragodile gave a curt nod, tiny eyes sunken in its head clearly concerned and afraid. He gently placed Lighthorn on the bed nearest the door. Kri-Ket, the raptor lizard, jumped off the giant's back and stood on the other side of the bed. Neither one budged an inch at Blood's annoyed command. Instead, the raptor looked up at her with its glowing amber eyes and snapped its snout at her in a menacing manner, before looking back at Lighthorn and holding onto the Stag's arm. The cragodile merely looked between all three with an uncertain expression. 

A simple visual inspection reveled a purple liquid streaming down the side of one of Lighthorn's cheeks from the corner of his mouth as he lay supine on the table. More accurately, whatever liquid he had ingested had stained the fur on his cheeks, drying up quite some time ago. Beyond that, bruising all across the jawline and under his chin, but not quite his neck. There didn't appear to be any other abnormalities across his body upon initial inspection. 

Before Blood could actually begin a comprehensive exam, the least of which was actually check vitals, the first mate burst through the door with an angry look on his face. In public, he was a kind and gentle fellow, but behind closed doors he was a tyrant with those under his command. He definitely ran a tight ship. 

"How is he!? Is he breathing!?" The first mate demanded, further adding to the small crowd around the exam table. 

8 minutes ago, GoldieS said:

The two lizard folk carrying the stag were long gone, a small group gathered in the hall in front of his cabin's open door. Open and Brash, the two reporters, were right behind Mehndi and Techno. Two nobles stood gossiping and whispering to one another on one side, while on the other the maid and the diamond dog assistant chef stood with mouth's agape trying to make sense of it all. 

The light brown and white diamond dog stepped forward, gently shutting the door to the Stag's messy disheveled room, leaving everyone in the hall. 

"Did- did anyone see what happend, or... hear anything at all?" Brash, the stallion reporter asked, trying to break the awkward silence as all eyes found their way to Mehndi, the one to find the body. "What happened?"

@BloodDrops

The giant walking blue cragodile burst into the clinic carrying Lord Lighthorn, one of the diplomats, with a much smaller raptor like lizard clinging on the cragodile's back. The stag wasn't an arcane user, but he was a learned scholar of rituals and alchemy concerning life magics. Additionally, if rumors were true, he was quite the capable fighter. He was a Glade Warden after all, that was a title befitting of only the most hardened law bringers. And yet there he was, lifeless. 

The cragodile gave a curt nod, tiny eyes sunken in its head clearly concerned and afraid. He gently placed Lighthorn on the bed nearest the door. Kri-Ket, the raptor lizard, jumped off the giant's back and stood on the other side of the bed. Neither one budged an inch at Blood's annoyed command. Instead, the raptor looked up at her with its glowing amber eyes and snapped its snout at her in a menacing manner, before looking back at Lighthorn and holding onto the Stag's arm. The cragodile merely looked between all three with an uncertain expression. 

A simple visual inspection reveled a purple liquid streaming down the side of one of Lighthorn's cheeks from the corner of his mouth as he lay supine on the table. More accurately, whatever liquid he had ingested had stained the fur on his cheeks, drying up quite some time ago. Beyond that, bruising all across the jawline and under his chin, but not quite his neck. There didn't appear to be any other abnormalities across his body upon initial inspection. 

Before Blood could actually begin a comprehensive exam, the least of which was actually check vitals, the first mate burst through the door with an angry look on his face. In public, he was a kind and gentle fellow, but behind closed doors he was a tyrant with those under his command. He definitely ran a tight ship. 

"How is he!? Is he breathing!?" The first mate demanded, further adding to the small crowd around the exam table. 

Techno then tuned to the reporter remembering hearing something strange from the room that got his attention...

TU: Well to be honest while I was fixing myself up in my room I could hear some strange and very violent sounding banging coming from down this way. It was quite faint from my room but it was still vibrating through the walls of this place. Though I figured out it must be some sort of other deer entity who committed the killing based on the sort of thudding I heard. 

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi Heart finally snapped out of it as she heard what @Techno Universal said. "YOU HEARD IT TOO????" She staggered out loud towards him. She put her font hoof over her mouth. She didn't mean to yell or bring attention to herself. She could see all faces and attention turn to both her and @Techno Universal. She gulped as she realized that she is partially to blame for all of this not being reported sooner. She decided to tell Brash what she heard anyway. Even if her fear was bubbling up again. 

"I.. I heard violent crashing too. It sounded like a somepony was searching through the room as well." Mehndi didn't want to say why she didn't stop to see origin of the noises. She also didn't want lie about passing out. 

• Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Blood glanced at her patient and frowned at the cragodile and the smaller raptor crowding around the exam table. She snorted angrily and managed to squeeze herself in between them taking note of the bruising along his jawline and under his chin. Then the purple liquid, that he had either consumed, or potentially poisoned with, she would need to get a analysis of that from her centrifuge. She didn't get very far with her inspection of her patient because the first mate then barged in and pushed his way into the group around the exam table. "oh for Celestia sake" she grumbled getting pushed out by the larger first mate.

"yeah, hes gonna get up and start doing handstands" she remarked dryly to the first mate that was currently standing over the deer. She couldn't heal him like this, this wasn't a circus it was a infirmary. She tapped her hoof on the floor, it was lucky he wasn't bleeding or anything, he would have probably bleed to death by now if he had, and made a mess all over her floor as well. She eventually lost her cool, he might have been the first mate but that didn't make him a doctor, you had to be trained to actually qualify for that position.

"I'm sure you can see he very well isn't. If you want me to help him, then you can get me some damn space to work with, and at least give me several moments alone with him to check him out" she grumbled at the crowd of ponies and crocodiles, "If you want to be helpful, be a DEER and go find my assistant, this is a very good learning experience for him" she added. She was in charge of her infirmary, not these clowns that would probably just let someone die, unless of course they wanted him to die that was, and were just trying to prevent treatment. 

"Quickly, or you might have to report to the captain that someones died, great publicity that would be i'm sure. I'm sure that sort of fame is to DIE for" she tutted at them, pushing her way back around the examination table, ready to carry out her examination, and possible postmortem, depending on if this Deer was special or not. She had other ideas for special creatures that had not finished there general goal in life. Other creatures could just be pushed overboard. NOT that she cared what happened after death, since that wasn't her profession, she was a healer and that was that.

• Brohoof 1

The others looked to Techno, everyone still trying to take in what had happened. Then, a sudden realization hit the maid as the other unicorn revealed that the other in the room must have been another deer like creature. No one else seemed to put two and two together. 

"But- but-" The maid stammered. "There's only one other deer on the ship, that Eldeer lady!"

Brash, the male reporter nodded, mood turning angry and frustrated. "Of course, it would be her! They're always murdering and killing others. It was a mistake to bring her on board, let alone include her in whatever ridiculous negotiations they're planning!"

"Everyone, calm down!" Someone snapped as they approached the scene out in the hallway, it was the first mate... "It looks like Mr. Lighthorn just overdosed on jade dust... everyone please just relax. We're out of the worst of the storm, so why don't you mares and gentlecolts go upstairs and get some grub? The viewing deck bar just opened up too if anyone's interested. But please, try not to spread any rumors or gossip about all this. It's embarrassing enough he passed away from a drug overdose, don't make it any worse."

The first mate started ushering everyone either way down the hall, trying to disperse the gathering. 

@BloodDrops

The first mate took a step back, moving around the table to politely and gently move the little raptor away from the stag's bedside. The walking cragodile was a little harder to move out of the way, but eventually the first mate managed to pull both back enough to give Blood plenty of room to work with. Both lizard folk watched over her shoulder from the center of the room.

"Hey, keep whatever you find between me and the captain. I don't care who asks, don't even acknowledge he was on this table..." The first mate whispered as he stood beside Blood. "I don't want rumors or anything spilling out, got it? If he's gone, just put him on ice until we get to Canterlot were the Guard can take a look."

With that, the first mate rushed out of the clinic in a hurry, presumably to find Blood's assistant. 

Lighthorn was long gone. No respiration, no pulse, though still warm. He didn't respond to any stimuli at all, not that a corps would. Most of his muscles were still quite relaxed, not at the point of rigormortis yet. 

Mehndi Heart didn't move nor did she want to. She isn't the kind of pony that is easily coursed away from horrific scenes. Especially when she knows something is very wrong. If he overdosed on a drug, why make such a racket? Why destroy the room? Why did he even have jade dust in his room the first place??? Unless... 

Mehndi's mind flashed back to her dream while she was passed out. The message it told her. Both of her eyes were now hidden behind her bangs. The sudden realization struck down her fear and replaced it with something she hasn't felt in over a year. Hatred. 

"Murder..This was murder..." She said out loud. She didn't even care if anypony was paying any attention to her anymore. Her mind and heart was too busy thumping with a vengeful aura. Kri's reactions, everypony's fear, and the dismissive first mate pushed her over the edge. Time to stop being a stupid mare and do something for once.

Mehndi walked past everypony and entered the room of the crime scene. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

The first mate took a step back, moving around the table to politely and gently move the little raptor away from the stag's bedside. The walking cragodile was a little harder to move out of the way, but eventually the first mate managed to pull both back enough to give Blood plenty of room to work with. Both lizard folk watched over her shoulder from the center of the room.

"Hey, keep whatever you find between me and the captain. I don't care who asks, don't even acknowledge he was on this table..." The first mate whispered as he stood beside Blood. "I don't want rumors or anything spilling out, got it? If he's gone, just put him on ice until we get to Canterlot were the Guard can take a look."

With that, the first mate rushed out of the clinic in a hurry, presumably to find Blood's assistant. 

Lighthorn was long gone. No respiration, no pulse, though still warm. He didn't respond to any stimuli at all, not that a corps would. Most of his muscles were still quite relaxed, not at the point of rigormortis yet. 

Blood Drops turned to the first mate "Of course, If anyone asks he was never here" I remarked to the first mate. I looked back at the lizard folk and frowned. That was as far as they were prepared to move anyway. never mind it was far enough for her. she moved towards Lighthorn and making sure they couldn't watch her, she pressed her hoof to the Deer's chest and then immediately removed it getting a stinging sensation in her hoof. She glanced at her hoof witch had gone slightly darker, Interesting. She glanced at his jawline and began her analysis, seems that he had perhaps been either strangled or otherwise rendered unconscious before being forced to take the overdose, if it were actually a overdose.

Blood Drops then frowned at him, wasn't he that diplomat who was also some sort of Life sorcerer, she took several blood samples for analysis though she had already pretty much determined it was murder. Though she wasn't that friendly towards anything that resembled Life, after all she was a Zombie and her species had been cursed by those sorts of sorcerers many eons ago. She did the usual, check for a pulse and then heart-rate. When that came back negative she stopped trying to resuscitate him. She could use her own magic to bring him back to life, though he probably wouldn't appreciate being cursed leading a half-life existence. 

The door to the infirmary opened, her assistant walked in and stared at the body. "is he dead?" he asked trotting over to the corpse and examining it himself while Blood Drops was writing notes. "Yes very much dead. I've recorded the autopsy and need help getting him into the freezer so he can be officially done at a later date" I remarked. I glanced back at the other two lizard folk and my assistant "we can put him in the morgue part, then I can inform the captain and first mate of the outcome" she remarked.

She kept a copy of the 'official' verdict of death: Drug overdose on jade dust. Though she left out any mention of the jaw bruising and hoped that being on ice should remove the trace of that. It probably would. She kept the information to herself, her blood samples should confirm that the jade dust was either high enough to be fatal or not at a fatal level. She picked up the phone and tried to call the first mate, going to give him the official report about the 'drug overdose'.    

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, GoldieS said:

The others looked to Techno, everyone still trying to take in what had happened. Then, a sudden realization hit the maid as the other unicorn revealed that the other in the room must have been another deer like creature. No one else seemed to put two and two together. 

"But- but-" The maid stammered. "There's only one other deer on the ship, that Eldeer lady!"

Brash, the male reporter nodded, mood turning angry and frustrated. "Of course, it would be her! They're always murdering and killing others. It was a mistake to bring her on board, let alone include her in whatever ridiculous negotiations they're planning!"

"Everyone, calm down!" Someone snapped as they approached the scene out in the hallway, it was the first mate... "It looks like Mr. Lighthorn just overdosed on jade dust... everyone please just relax. We're out of the worst of the storm, so why don't you mares and gentlecolts go upstairs and get some grub? The viewing deck bar just opened up too if anyone's interested. But please, try not to spread any rumors or gossip about all this. It's embarrassing enough he passed away from a drug overdose, don't make it any worse."

The first mate started ushering everyone either way down the hall, trying to disperse the gathering. 

@BloodDrops

TU: Yeah there we go! Plus even there's quite a bit of fur that doesn't belong to the body in there and that fur is definitely deer fur by the look of it!

• Brohoof 1

The first mate managed to get everyone but Techno and Mehndi to leave the area. He didn't notice the two of them sticking back, nor Mehndi actually opening the door into Lighthorn's room. Instead, he walked off, too distracted with the others to notice and making sure none of them turned around either. Their voices faded as they rounded the corner to the stairs talking about how it didn't sound like an overdose... while being dismissed by the first mate. 

Like before, the room was a mess. Grass and leaf clothing strewn about the room in piles, drawers yanked out and tossed haphazardly, and luggage poured out onto the floor in the closet. The mattress of the bed was slightly askew off the frame, as if someone had hastily put it back into place contrary to the disheveled and messy rest of the room. Beside one of the bed posts at the foot of the bed was a noticeable brown feather, shorter than the long white feather atop the clothing. There was a writing desk adjacent to the bed with spilled ink all over the surface, dripping onto the red carpet. Just under the desk, sitting in front of the chair, was a notebook with pages torn from it. Upon first glance, there were no vials or pouches one might contain some sort of illicit substance in. 

@BloodDrops

The lizard folk remained in the clinic, watching in dismay as the physician went to work with her assistant. They clearly didn't want to leave, even after she finished her simple examination. Once stored away, there was nothing more for them there. The smaller one still didn't want to leave, but the cragodile finally understood they were just in the way. He not so gently manhandled the little raptor, who protested vehemently as they left the room. 

"Sorry for the wait, and for earlier... bit of a hectic situation." The first mate responded over the phone, after a short wait via the 'secretary' on the bridge. "Running around all over the blasted place... trying to keep out of sight while Ten pretends to be me and deals with the fancy ponies while I sort things out. I told him to tell them our guy overdosed on jade dust, there was a rumor going around he was into that sort of thing."

There was a long pause. "What do you think?"

2 hours ago, GoldieS said:

The first mate managed to get everyone but Techno and Mehndi to leave the area. He didn't notice the two of them sticking back, nor Mehndi actually opening the door into Lighthorn's room. Instead, he walked off, too distracted with the others to notice and making sure none of them turned around either. Their voices faded as they rounded the corner to the stairs talking about how it didn't sound like an overdose... while being dismissed by the first mate. 

Like before, the room was a mess. Grass and leaf clothing strewn about the room in piles, drawers yanked out and tossed haphazardly, and luggage poured out onto the floor in the closet. The mattress of the bed was slightly askew off the frame, as if someone had hastily put it back into place contrary to the disheveled and messy rest of the room. Beside one of the bed posts at the foot of the bed was a noticeable brown feather, shorter than the long white feather atop the clothing. There was a writing desk adjacent to the bed with spilled ink all over the surface, dripping onto the red carpet. Just under the desk, sitting in front of the chair, was a notebook with pages torn from it. Upon first glance, there were no vials or pouches one might contain some sort of illicit substance in. 

@BloodDrops

The lizard folk remained in the clinic, watching in dismay as the physician went to work with her assistant. They clearly didn't want to leave, even after she finished her simple examination. Once stored away, there was nothing more for them there. The smaller one still didn't want to leave, but the cragodile finally understood they were just in the way. He not so gently manhandled the little raptor, who protested vehemently as they left the room. 

"Sorry for the wait, and for earlier... bit of a hectic situation." The first mate responded over the phone, after a short wait via the 'secretary' on the bridge. "Running around all over the blasted place... trying to keep out of sight while Ten pretends to be me and deals with the fancy ponies while I sort things out. I told him to tell them our guy overdosed on jade dust, there was a rumor going around he was into that sort of thing."

TU: Or maybe that notebook has the answers!

Techno then walked to the notebook on the table to carefully look through it...

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Blood Drops sent her apprentice out while she made the phone call, sent him on a errand to get some hot drinks. She smiled evilly, she liked being asked her views.

"Well, seems to me he overdosed on jade dust and that he smashed up his room during his overdose, that would explain the loud noises every pony heard, the slight bruising along his jaw and why he was foaming at the mouth. It would also explain why his room was a mess and pretty much remove any of our liability." I continued. "If it was discovered that any of his things were however 'misplaced' then it might cause us some trouble, though it could always be fogged off as being missing during transition" i remarked down to the first mate.

"it seems that some ponies however believe he was murdered, which would lead to a investigation, Then a interview of everyone here, and lots of media coverage which wouldn't portray us in a pleasant light. I wouldn't also wish to reveal my species to the authorities either. So yes it would be much more convenient if he has simply had a overdose." I finished 

~Some Time Later~

6 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

TU: Or maybe that notebook has the answers!

Techno then walked to the notebook on the table to carefully look through it...

Blood Drops after giving her analysis and collecting her blood samples decided to take a closer look at the scene of the murder. His samples had come back positive for the 'drug overdose' though she determined Lighthorn would need at least double that concentration for it to be fatal. So whoever had killed him might have left some evidence at the scene of the crime. That was her one excuse, she actually wanted to destroy any of his work on 'Life Magic' or at least make proper use of it, she had already finished putting Lighthorn on ice, and made her way to the scene of the crime, where she found another pony.

She let out a low cough as she stood by the entrance frowning at Techno reading what looked like some sort of notebook she presumed was Lighthorns. She didn't notice Mehndi presence within the room. "now if i didn't know any better that would be considered snooping at the best of time, though its very strange that you're interested in that particular notebook, seems that half of it is missing, could it be that you've possibly got the other half after you knocked him unconscious? or after you force fed him jade dust?" she remarked smirking at him. She could supposedly accuse him of being the murderer but he wasn't it. 

"now why would a pony such as yourself, be looking though a notebook that contains Lighthorns life's work, on funnily enough. life magic." she quivered. "I suppose you could sell it since it's going to be rather valuable, though in the wrong hands it could be very destructive, even possibly cause those strange Life Sorcerers to loose there magic, all of there magic." she added with a smile. "Unfortunately that book doesn't belong to you, so I suppose you're going to have to hand it over to myself, so I can personally store it with his other possessions that can be collected at a later date" I add with a grin.

"Come on then, I don't have all day" I add tapping my hoof on the ground.  

Edited by BloodDrops
  • Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal @PuddingPonyPal @BloodDrops

Blood's accusations against Techno weren't entirely unfounded. Techno had in fact been involved in a small argument earlier during the wine drinking ceremony, that Blood hadn't attended. Word gets around quickly with a bunch of gossiping nobles for passengers. Well, that was before Techno appeared to harass and then threaten the resident Gold Changeling Ambassador. 

The Life Sorcerer's journal had most of its pages torn out, with the exception of the last page. Only a portion of it had been torn apart in haste, not to mention partially covered with ink stains from the spilled inkwell.

"... so it is, I've concluded. I've personally secured the dangerous artifact, and have composed a missive to be sent... not available at the moment. I can only hope they don't realize it's gone missing, and come looking for it. For... and quarter circle, pristine cut, lightweight but sturdy, feels brittle."

That was all that could be discerned from the journal itself. 

"Excuse me," Someone interrupted the groups little intrusion into the room. "Please, no one needs to be in here right now." 

It was the head Engineer. A soft spoken diamond dog towering over all others with his black and white patterned coat and long pointed ears. Generally, he was patient and understanding, but tended not to budge. He too was at the wine drinking ceremony, being introduced to everyone by the first mate, and for some reason being pulled off to the side to speak with Kri-ket, the lizard folk, privately. 

1 hour ago, GoldieS said:

Blood's accusations against Techno weren't entirely unfounded. Techno had in fact been involved in a small argument earlier during the wine drinking ceremony, that Blood hadn't attended. Word gets around quickly with a bunch of gossiping nobles for passengers. Well, that was before Techno appeared to harass and then threaten the resident Gold Changeling Ambassador. 

The Life Sorcerer's journal had most of its pages torn out, with the exception of the last page. Only a portion of it had been torn apart in haste, not to mention partially covered with ink stains from the spilled inkwell.

"... so it is, I've concluded. I've personally secured the dangerous artifact, and have composed a missive to be sent... not available at the moment. I can only hope they don't realize it's gone missing, and come looking for it. For... and quarter circle, pristine cut, lightweight but sturdy, feels brittle."

"Excuse me," Someone interrupted the groups little intrusion into the room. "Please, no one needs to be in here right now." 

It was the head Engineer. A soft spoken diamond dog towering over all others with his black and white patterned coat and long pointed ears. Generally, he was patient and understanding, but tended not to budge. He too was at the wine drinking ceremony, being introduced to everyone by the first mate, and for some reason being pulled off to the side to speak with Kri-ket, the lizard folk, privately. 

Techno then released that the killer might of stolen the artefact that was mentioned in the jernal. Plus he was even now thinking that the killer used the artefact to kill their victim in that room. Techno then turned to the engineer with an alarmed face...

TU: Apparently the occupant of this room had some sort of dangerous and maybe magical artefact according to his jernal and if the killer stole the artefact then we might be in a lot more danger than we can imagine. Like the killer might of even used the artefact to kill his first victim here!

Edited by Techno Universal
  • Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Blood Drops blinked at the diamond dog. "I cought this pony *points at Techno* trying to steal some of Lighthorns possessions. That journal being one of those items, maybe you could persuade him to leave it here until everything is removed in one go. Rather then some important and high value things are removed" She added blinking at him, she was quite happy to leave the room as it was. 

4 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Techno then released that the killer might of stolen the artefact that was mentioned in the jernal. Plus he was even now thinking that the killer used the artefact to kill their victim in that room. Techno then turned to the engineer with an alarmed face...

TU: Apparently the occupant of this room had some sort of dangerous and maybe magical artefact according to his jernal and if the killer stole the artefact then we might be in a lot more danger than we can imagine. Like the killer might of even used the artefact to kill his first victim here!

"Why such the alarmed face?" She added, "not like you done anything, unless you want to make a confession about something?" she prompted. 

• Brohoof 1

The diamond dog looked confused at Techno sudden realization there might have been something dangerous in the room. Though, it was clear he was skeptical about such a claim. Instead, he merely held out his paw, gesturing towards the book in a warning manner, head tilted down and scowling. 

"Yes, I agree ma'am." Kiloton replied to Blood. "That's why the captain told me to lock up the room. Mr. Lighthoron may have passed away, but he still deserves some privacy. And please, none of you need to make such baseless accusations." 

Kiloton snatched the book from Techno and pointed out in the hall, glaring at the three intruders. "Now, please leave. There's a special meal being made up on the dining and viewing deck if you all are interested."

He was trying to be diplomatic about their intrusions into the room, but it was putting a strain on his patience. Still, he remained stalwart and steadfast, trying to kick them all out in one go rather than hauling everyone out. And yet... there was still more in the room to be discovered... Kiloton wasn't going to budge, and it was unlikely they could just tell him off. 

3 hours ago, GoldieS said:

The diamond dog looked confused at Techno sudden realization there might have been something dangerous in the room. Though, it was clear he was skeptical about such a claim. Instead, he merely held out his paw, gesturing towards the book in a warning manner, head tilted down and scowling. 

"Yes, I agree ma'am." Kiloton replied to Blood. "That's why the captain told me to lock up the room. Mr. Lighthoron may have passed away, but he still deserves some privacy. And please, none of you need to make such baseless accusations." 

Kiloton snatched the book from Techno and pointed out in the hall, glaring at the three intruders. "Now, please leave. There's a special meal being made up on the dining and viewing deck if you all are interested."

He was trying to be diplomatic about their intrusions into the room, but it was putting a strain on his patience. Still, he remained stalwart and steadfast, trying to kick them all out in one go rather than hauling everyone out. And yet... there was still more in the room to be discovered... Kiloton wasn't going to budge, and it was unlikely they could just tell him off. 

TU: Alright I'll go if you insist!!

Techno then tried to teleport to the dining room but instead he glitched out and then shot straight into the wall of the dining room. It put a hole through the wood and Techno then fell down from the hole to see it there...

TU: What was that!? My system wasn't meant to do that but it glitched and smashed me into the wall! I think my system may even be destabilising in reaction to what's going on here. 

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Blood nodded at him, "if you find anything, then please let the Captian, first mate and myself know" I remarked to him as I left the room. He could shuffle though it if he wanted, he might even be the murderer however there was a problem.

1 hour ago, Techno Universal said:

special meal

Blood was hungry, and that mean't that food came first, so she made her way to the dining room. Where she met Techno but she wasn't happy. He had teleported onto the lunch tray.

3 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

Techno then tried to teleport to the dining room but instead he glitched out and then shot straight into the wall of the dining room. It put a hole through the wood and Techno then fell down from the hole to see it there...

Blood pushed techno off the lunch tray and onto the floor, luckily he had only ruined the salad, the meat was safe. She gave herself some of the finer slices of meat that was generally reserved for the lizard people, she liked eating meat though, probably due to her heritage. 

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Blood nodded at him, "if you find anything, then please let the Captian, first mate and myself know" I remarked to him as I left the room. He could shuffle though it if he wanted, he might even be the murderer however there was a problem.

Blood was hungry, and that mean't that food came first, so she made her way to the dining room. Where she met Techno but she wasn't happy. He had teleported onto the lunch tray.

Blood pushed techno off the lunch tray and onto the floor, luckily he had only ruined the salad, the meat was safe. She gave herself some of the finer slices of meat that was generally reserved for the lizard people, she liked eating meat though, probably due to her heritage. 

When Blood pushed Techno onto the floor he quickly got up and shook all the salad off him. He then tuned to Blood...

TU: Okay you don't really have to be that pushy as you could of just waited ten seconds for me to get off there myself! Anyways I believe there's definitely something strange that's going on with my system seeing how it messed up my teleportation and made me smash a hole into the wooden wall!  

• Brohoof 1

Mehndi Heart didn't want to leave or go to the dinning room. She wanted to figure out what was happening. Before anypony could notice, Mehndi hid herself in the room of the crime. Right under the oddly placed bed. She could hear the conversations clearly. She could even hear Techno's failure of teleportation to the dinning room. She had hard time concealing her laughter. Still, even with a small laugh in her mind she still feel a strong serge of negative emotion within herself. She still felt hatred towards whoever caused this dreadful crime. 

Hearing what Blood tried to insist made her blood boil. Techno? A murderer? Not even close. Who ever did this was after something that Lighthoron had in possession. Something that might have to do with the notes. If only she could look through them. 

She waited and listened; her observation skills coming on full blast. 

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Techno Universal said:

When Blood pushed Techno onto the floor he quickly got up and shook all the salad off him. He then tuned to Blood...

TU: Okay you don't really have to be that pushy as you could of just waited ten seconds for me to get off there myself! Anyways I believe there's definitely something strange that's going on with my system seeing how it messed up my teleportation and made me smash a hole into the wooden wall!  

Blood glared at him while nibbling on a whole chicken. her eyes briefly flashed red as she swallowed the thing whole. She licked her lips and then blinked at him her eyes no longer glowing. "Well you've just ruined that special dinner" she remarked to him. She frowned at him and moved slightly closer giving his breath a sniff wondering if he was drunk. it wouldn't surprise her, "You been drinking much today? maybe that's why you can't teleport straight?" she remarked.

She didn't care too much just wanted to help herself to the free food. She began piling it onto a tray since a tray was bigger then a plate anyway  

• Brohoof 1

@BloodDrops @Techno Universal

Everyone paused to gripe and shout at techno for a moment as he caused a commotion in the dining hall. No one was pleased by Techno's sudden appearance at the salad bar... or rather, on the salad bar...

The dining hall was on the upper most deck towards the rear of the ship, connected to the kitchen. It was a combination of three different sections. Salad bars with trays first right in front of the kitchen, followed by tables and booths, then the bar section stocked with a great deal of alcohols. Just after that, the hall turned into a sort of lounge, complete with large couches oriented around a fireplace. Lining one side of the walls were slanted windows, allowing passengers not just to see outside, but down below into the clouds as well. 

Most of the diplomats were in the dining hall at the moment, save for the lizard folk and the vampire filly with her undead companion. Grimclaw was sitting with the colt that followed him around at one of the large booths, the big bird brooding about something as he begrudgingly nibbled on some fish. 

Lady Emberreaver, the only other deer like creature on the ship, was in the bar section sipping some wine with some of her unicorn attendants. They seemed to be laughing and joking about something. 

Firefly was the only one sitting alone. The golden changeling was in her usual earth pony form, still as enticing as ever, sitting on her flank in front of the fire. She appeared transfixed with it, stoking the flames, wooden logs, and papers within with a poker. 

The two reporters were the next to arrive, starting their time over at the salad bar. Along with a number of assorted nobles, there was a tense atmosphere inside despite some of the laughter coming from Lady Emberreaver. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Techno and Blood left the room apparently without question. The dog was pleased, watching as they left after snatching the journal from Techno. Mehndi could see the canine flip to the last remaining pages, reading it as he glared at the contents. Kiloton gave off a sigh and grumbled something about cleaning up after others, before tearing out the last page and swallowing it. He turned and tossed what was left of the journal onto the bed, and left the room, shutting the door behind him and locking it with the key. 

From where she was hiding, Mehndi could see a slice on the underside of the mattress. It wasn't big, but there was something was bulging from within. In addition to whatever object it was, there was a rolled up piece of paper sticking out of the cut. 

Kiloton's heavy paws could be heard walking down the hall and away from the room. He wasn't exactly a quiet one, nor could he be, he was a heavy fellow to begin with.

7 hours ago, BloodDrops said:

Blood glared at him while nibbling on a whole chicken. her eyes briefly flashed red as she swallowed the thing whole. She licked her lips and then blinked at him her eyes no longer glowing. "Well you've just ruined that special dinner" she remarked to him. She frowned at him and moved slightly closer giving his breath a sniff wondering if he was drunk. it wouldn't surprise her, "You been drinking much today? maybe that's why you can't teleport straight?" she remarked.

She didn't care too much just wanted to help herself to the free food. She began piling it onto a tray since a tray was bigger then a plate anyway  

TU: Na you can blame my system for that as it's my system that's been playing up for some reason! Anyways I think I've already caused a little too much of a commotion here!

Techno then walked off to the lounge to then lie down on one of the couches...

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, GoldieS said:

Everyone paused to gripe and shout at techno for a moment as he caused a commotion in the dining hall. No one was pleased by Techno's sudden appearance at the salad bar... or rather, on the salad bar...

The dining hall was on the upper most deck towards the rear of the ship, connected to the kitchen. It was a combination of three different sections. Salad bars with trays first right in front of the kitchen, followed by tables and booths, then the bar section stocked with a great deal of alcohols. Just after that, the hall turned into a sort of lounge, complete with large couches oriented around a fireplace. Lining one side of the walls were slanted windows, allowing passengers not just to see outside, but down below into the clouds as well. 

Most of the diplomats were in the dining hall at the moment, save for the lizard folk and the vampire filly with her undead companion. Grimclaw was sitting with the colt that followed him around at one of the large booths, the big bird brooding about something as he begrudgingly nibbled on some fish. 

Lady Emberreaver, the only other deer like creature on the ship, was in the bar section sipping some wine with some of her unicorn attendants. They seemed to be laughing and joking about something. 

Firefly was the only one sitting alone. The golden changeling was in her usual earth pony form, still as enticing as ever, sitting on her flank in front of the fire. She appeared transfixed with it, stoking the flames, wooden logs, and papers within with a poker. 

The two reporters were the next to arrive, starting their time over at the salad bar. Along with a number of assorted nobles, there was a tense atmosphere inside despite some of the laughter coming from Lady Emberreaver. 

@PuddingPonyPal

Techno and Blood left the room apparently without question. The dog was pleased, watching as they left after snatching the journal from Techno. Mehndi could see the canine flip to the last remaining pages, reading it as he glared at the contents. Kiloton gave off a sigh and grumbled something about cleaning up after others, before tearing out the last page and swallowing it. He turned and tossed what was left of the journal onto the bed, and left the room, shutting the door behind him and locking it with the key. 

From where she was hiding, Mehndi could see a slice on the underside of the mattress. It wasn't big, but there was something was bulging from within. In addition to whatever object it was, there was a rolled up piece of paper sticking out of the cut. 

Kiloton's heavy paws could be heard walking down the hall and away from the room. He wasn't exactly a quiet one, nor could he be, he was a heavy fellow to begin with.

1 hour ago, Techno Universal said:

TU: Na you can blame my system for that as it's my system that's been playing up for some reason! Anyways I think I've already caused a little too much of a commotion here!

Techno then walked off to the lounge to then lie down on one of the couches...

Blood Drops waited until every pony or at least everyone of important had gathered. 

Blood Drops grabbed a glass of wine and tapped a spoon on her glass several times. The sound echoed around the dining hall in a spectacular fashion causing a sudden silence to descend upon the room. "May I have your attention please" she began having waited until she had every ponies attention." she called out across the gathered ponies and creatures. 

"As some of you might know, i'm the ships doctor, and there has been a unfortunate incident resulting in the death of a one Iltadaas Lighthorn. The Captain along with the first mate have simply stated it was a overdose of jade dust, unfortunately this is no longer plausible after a blood examination of the subject he was found to have died before consuming said jade dust, this along with the quantity of jade dust within his blood stream leads me to suspect foul play involved." she continued, she loved being the center of attention.

"after analysis of his body it seems he was knocked unconscious before being force-fed jade dust. Though jade dust is rather rare, fortunately though the murderer had help or should I say murderers" I remarked smiling at the rest of the audience. I turned my attention to the first mate and captain. "You see I thought it was rather odd when Saturn asked me to keep all results between himself and Calico, maybe they didn't want it classed as a murder until they had a chance to escape with there prize." she snorted. 

"Though I also found it rather odd when Saturn began stating that Lighthorn have overdosed within minutes of Lighthorns discovery, I myself didn't know he had overdosed until I ran those blood tests, now you all might suspect Saturn at this point, you would be correct to do so. Though he had help, someone that could be a accomplish to his murderer, someone that could imitate different forms to throw the suspicion to another perhaps." she continued.

"the problem you face is, you took the artifact, and wanted the journal that mentioned said artifact. Unfortunately to do so you had to wreck the majority of Lighthorns room which drew attention to yourself. So you cleverly used jade dust as a cover, going to explain the room damage as a simple consequence of his overdose, and thus leaving the journal as evidence of your misdeeds that you could collect at a later date" I add with a smirk.

"Anything to say in your defense?" I asked Saturn before drinking my glass. 

• Brohoof 1

@Techno Universal

There were a few others lounging and drinking some wine on one of the other couches near the fire. Firefly, the mare that had yelled at Techno earlier, was transfixed with the fire as she sat in front of it, poking at the papers and logs within. She seemed utterly distracted by all the embers she was producing as the papers slowly burned away around the edges. The changeling mare had moved them around with the poker for maximum fiery appearance. 

Just then, Blood tapped at her glass on the other side of the hall. Everyone paused to give her a look of curiosity, listening to her accusations. 

Saturn merely smacked his forhead in dismay, while Captain Thunder merely rubbed his forehead in frustration. 

"We were all on the bridge you dolt..." He commented with a sigh. "We needed all crew at their stations, and ours are on the bridge. Ten was there too. I asked him to calm everyone down when we found out what happened, so I..." 

The first mate paused, before noticing everyone else was there listening too. Instead he got up form his booth and stepped over to Blood to speak to her with a hushed tone. Most probably couldn't hear it on a normal day, but everyone was silent trying to listen in. 

"So I told him to tell everyone it was an overdose. We didn't want the murderer to realize we were onto them... make them think they got away with it... maybe next time before you make some blasted accusation you'll discuss it with us first! Or maybe ask why I told you to say it was a bucking overdose if you didn't understand why! I expected you to just follow orders, since you know, I'm your superior!" 

It started as a hushed whisper, turning into a growl, then into a stern dressing down. 

"The- there's a murderer on board!?" One of the noble stallions shouted out in fear.