Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc "Tails" of the Golden Rememberance

Sweetcake

The Story

A non-canonical story filled with fantasy, drama, mystery and adventure. A group of ponies find themselves trapped in the land of Golden Remembrance filled with classical stories from Alice in Wonderland, to 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. They must work together to survive the villains that have gained stronger power than the heroes and unlock each Dôr to escape into the next world. However, they must also find the keystone to each one while questioning if this is all a dream or a terrible curse.

Rules

1. All kinds of MLP characters are allowed since this is a dream-like world, but I encourage there to be feral versions (the show appearance) of them. 
  2. No powers will be used in this roleplay, so even if you have the magical ability to unlock treasure chests, it will not work. Even flight will be limited in this as well. However, if you have a special skill (mechanic, high charm, baker etc ) where a situation needs it, your ratio of losing will decrease.
  3. What do we mean by ratio? There will be situations where you all can work together to create a solution. And depending on how high the risk is, the higher the percent of losing there is. For example, suppose you wish to sneak up on a sleeping guard to grab keys. The GM would say it is a 1-10 chance and if you agree to those stakes, the GM uses a random generator. For higher numbers mean a success and lower numbers mean a lose. This may sound a bit unfair, but I can assure you I try to make it very honest. There are also no deaths unless you wish to have your character gone.
  4. For certain chapters, I will open up slots to play specific characters (ex: Sleeping Beauty, Mad Hatter, Wicked Witch etc) and yes, they can travel with the others as allies. People with OCs already in the game are allowed to play story characters, however they can only have two of each. 
  5. Since we have pretty busy lives usually, when you post, please wait at least 24 hours before writing again OR when everyone has already replied OR when the GM continues narrating. This excludes when a person specifically wants to talk to your character for a conversation.

This is still a bit of a WIP so if you have questions please let me know down below. I will add more rules if need be!

The Pony Travelers 

1.) @Snowflake Frostflame

2.) @Catsle

3.) @Techno Universal

4.) @Lektra Bolt

5.) SLOT OPEN

6.) SLOT OPEN

There are no story characters for the Prologue. 

Edited by Sweetcake

Would like to be in this as Lektra please if that's OK. Info in signature, though profiles are broken. No powers, but my skill is mechanic I guess. Would Sparky not be feasible in this? He's magically animated, and if magic doesn't work Sparky probably won't either. 

Stuck powerless in a collective dream with unfamiliar ponies going through real world fiction. Can't resist. Unique story! :)

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, an RNG based RP... I've been meaning to do something like this, so that negative things would happen more frequently like in actual DnD. I'm liking what I'm seeing, so I will throw the master of ice himself, Snowflake Frostflame into the ring. This should be interesting since Snowflake is a powerful cryomancer and skilled swordspony... but not being able to use his magic would mean trouble for him since he relies on it sometimes... I like it.

• Brohoof 2

8 minutes ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Would like to be in this as Lektra please if that's OK. Info in signature, though profiles are broken. No powers, but my skill is mechanic I guess. Would Sparky not be feasible in this? He's magically animated, and if magic doesn't work Sparky probably won't either. 

Stuck powerless in a collective dream with unfamiliar ponies going through real world fiction. Can't resist. Unique story! :)

If he is magically animated, that is okay with me! So long as he doesn't USE magic or is immune to being hurt.

• Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, Snowflake Frostflame said:

Ah, an RNG based RP... I've been meaning to do something like this, so that negative things would happen more frequently like in actual DnD. I'm liking what I'm seeing, so I will throw the master of ice himself, Snowflake Frostflame into the ring. This should be interesting since Snowflake is a powerful cryomancer and skilled swordspony... but not being able to use his magic would mean trouble for him since he relies on it sometimes... I like it.

He can very much try to use them, but he will find out shortly that powers do not work in this realm. Poor fella 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Sweetcake said:

If he is magically animated, that is okay with me! So long as he doesn't USE magic or is immune to being hurt.

Thanks! Sparky is as much a part of Lektra as a limb or her mane. :) He's  definitely not invulnerable, either.

Sparky is akin to a traditional golem in fantasy settings, an inanimate object made animate by magic spells. The enchantments placed on him give him his personality (limited at it is), ability to transform (Disabled? Can it be mechanically rearranging parts here instead of magical?), and act/move at all

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

7 hours ago, Lektra Bolt said:

Thanks! Sparky is as much a part of Lektra as a limb or her mane. :) He's  definitely not invulnerable, either.

Sparky is akin to a traditional golem in fantasy settings, an inanimate object made animate by magic spells. The enchantments placed on him give him his personality (limited at it is), ability to transform (Disabled? Can it be mechanically rearranging parts here instead of magical?), and act/move at all

Yes, he won't be able transform and if you wish!

• Brohoof 1

Hey everyone! I'm sorry I was gone for a bit but I had been working more than usual these passed days.

@Snowflake Frostflame @Techno Universal @Lektra Bolt @Catsle I was more waiting for slots to be filled, but we can start with you guys! It'll be a lot of fun!

I am busy most of the weekend to prepare for my days at Disney, but Sunday evening - Monday I shall start it up! Hope you're ready!

• Brohoof 1

Disney you say? Speaking of Disney maybe @WiiGuy2014might want to join us? Sweet you've mentioned some of those characters will be appearing, so I kind of figured he might enjoy this.

A more traditional no innate powers adventure with GM dice rolls

Edited by Lektra Bolt

I heard @Lektra Bolt's mention of me and decided to check this out. So no magic is allowed here, huh?

Well, even if he had no Magic, Unicorn Will's knowledge of Fairy Tales, especially the ones adapted by Disney, could be a great asset to our heroes.

His profile is a Google Doc and can be reached in my signature.

So can I join?

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

To all who were interested:

Thank you so very much for being interested in this idea, but since I am working more often and the friend helping me with this has bailed, I will have to postpone/cancel this story.

I'm really sad because I thought this would be alot of fun to try! If he changes his mind or I have enough time to do this, then I'll resurrect the story. 

I am so sorry to those waiting. You all are wonderful superstars that shine with lots of radiance!

• Brohoof 2