Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Josh Haber on Starlight’s Parents

ShootingStar159

1 hour ago, MegaSean45 said:

Alright! How about asking him about Spike's parents next? :P

He didn't have to invent Spike's past. Spike will get a past by whoever gets that topic in their episode synopsis to write for. If anyone, Big Jim or Lauren would be the closest one to make that call.

Also,

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/12/starlight-glimmers-had-negligent.html?m=1

I find it funny, they JUST got word of this. Looking at the comments it's clear some are upset this wasn't expanded upon in her flashback. I still stand behind Josh Haber knew exactly what he was doing when he made Starlight's backstory (whether he executed well enough that's another story), but considering he knew this detail it's clear it's not something he forgot to add and more something he purposely left out.

Starlight's telling the backstory and they were never part of it in her mind. That's the only time we've ever gotten pieces of her backstory-completely from her point of view with her bias on it and what was important about it. It will be interesting to see if this is ever addressed but it's clear it's only going to be addressed if Starlight wants to deal with it.

Spoiler

Or it could be forced on her like a "Parent's Day" at the Friendship School where students and staff bring parents or parental figures, yeah that would be perfect!:D

50 minutes ago, KH7672 said:

He didn't have to invent Spike's past. Spike will get a past by whoever gets that topic in their episode synopsis to write for. If anyone, Big Jim or Lauren would be the closest one to make that call.

Also,

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2017/12/starlight-glimmers-had-negligent.html?m=1

I find it funny, they JUST got word of this. Looking at the comments it's clear some are upset this wasn't expanded upon in her flashback. I still stand behind Josh Haber knew exactly what he was doing when he made Starlight's backstory (whether he executed well enough that's another story), but considering he knew this detail it's clear it's not something he forgot to add and more something he purposely left out.

Starlight's telling the backstory and they were never part of it in her mind. That's the only time we've ever gotten pieces of her backstory-completely from her point of view with her bias on it and what was important about it. It will be interesting to see if this is ever addressed but it's clear it's only going to be addressed if Starlight wants to deal with it.

Reveal hidden contents

Or it could be forced on her like a "Parent's Day" at the Friendship School where students and staff bring parents or parental figures, yeah that would be perfect!:D

How would Lauren make the call? She doesn't work for the show anymore. Josh and Nicole Dubuc being story editors, they should be able to make that call if an episode like that has been written. Maybe even from Cathy herself, because there's no better person to spread that news! ;)

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, MegaSean45 said:

How would Lauren make the call? She doesn't work for the show anymore. Josh and Nicole Dubuc being story editors, they should be able to make that call if an episode like that has been written. Maybe even from Cathy herself, because there's no better person to spread that news! ;)

I just said that since Lauren created the character, so she had the outline to follow (Applejack and Rarity) or not (Twilight and Rainbow Dash). It all just depends on whether Hasbro wants DHX to tackle it. Also, I wouldn't say Cathy has much a say in the final versions of scripts but she definitely has the enthusiasm for the idea.