Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Are you SONY Pony, Nintendo Pony or Microsoft Pony

Aosera

5 minutes ago, King of Canterlot said:

I'm a PC pony now. I wasn't always though, in the past I used to have a Wii, and DS's and stuff, and while I still have all that stuff, I don't use it anymore. I mean, it's been years since I last played any game on my Wii. I mostly stopped using my consoles when I got my laptop, since then I have transitioned to PC gaming and pretty much just living off my PC now.  

Great, now you should build a nice desktop PC :P

I would be lying if I should I wasn't mainly a Nintendo gamer. They make the most franchises that I enjoy. However in late 2003 I also branched off into Sony consoles, and have had every main PS console made since (except for the Vita handheld). I pretty much have Sony consoles for Kingdom Hearts games and anime games, since Nintendo doesn't get the bulk of those.

I dunno. I used to be Nintendo all the way, but after the WII let-down, changed to Sony. After that, I'm not really into a company in particular, just seeking where the good games are at 

5 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

I dunno. I used to be Nintendo all the way, but after the WII let-down, changed to Sony. After that, I'm not really into a company in particular, just seeking where the good games are at 

The Switch is getting some good love now, maybe you should give them another chance?

16 minutes ago, Celli said:

The Switch is getting some good love now, maybe you should give them another chance?

I've already gave the Switch a chance, I'm just waiting for either a price drop, or a new Switch model

16 minutes ago, Celli said:

The only really exciting non-Wii U game on the Switch currently is... Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm not seeing what's so exciting about the Switch. Many of the same mistakes made with the Wii and Wii U are still being made with the Switch, meh.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Steve Piranha said:

I've already gave the Switch a chance, I'm just waiting for either a price drop, or a new Switch model

I dunno if they're going to release a new model and you'll be waiting a while for a price drop. The fact is though that the lineup of games is ever growing and next year there will already be more exclusives than the Xbox One.

Just now, Envy said:

The only really exciting non-Wii U game on the Switch currently is... Super Mario Odyssey.

I'm not seeing what's so exciting about the Switch. Many of the same mistakes made with the Wii and Wii U are still being made with the Switch, meh.

They really aren't. Unless you're someone who doesn't care about most of the lineup for this year and next year. 

The fact is that third party is coming back to the Switch which is what matters most, and it's getting more first party games than the Wii U, and has already sold more than the Wii U in it's entire life in the first year. 

3 minutes ago, Celli said:

They really aren't. Unless you're someone who doesn't care about most of the lineup for this year and next year. 

The fact is that third party is coming back to the Switch which is what matters most, and it's getting more first party games than the Wii U, and has already sold more than the Wii U in it's entire life in the first year. 

As I said, the only exciting title for me currently is Super Mario Odyssey. There is a maybe, a big maybe for the next Pokemon game that has been teased. If they continue down the path of Sun/Moon, than I won't be excited for that title, either.

I've already seen third parties pulling out from the Switch, like EA. Sure, EA's games are not good. but it's still not a good sign. It's the exact same thing that happened with the Wii U. EA came out promising big things for the Switch, just like the Wii U... And yet here we are now.

More first party titles than the Wii U? Yes, I know I'm biased because I don't care about Splatoon, Metroid, etc., but setting aside that bias, I'm still not seeing how the Switch has this amazingly full schedule of first party titles? I guess if you count less exciting ones like Kirby and Yoshi which are pretty much copy and paste at this point (as much as I love Kirby, it's true).

Metroid is great for Metroid fans. I'm very happy for them... But what else is actually on the horizon for the Switch right now in terms of first party titles? That Xeno title? It's first party, right? They certainly haven't laid down much else than that. The last Nintendo Direct bored me to tears. I have never seen a Direct as boring as that, and pretty much all of Nintendo's conferences save for the Switch reveal have been really boring as of late.

@Envy Let me cite a few things as to why the Switch is proving to be a success.

1. The Switch adopted a more traditional hardware set more appropriate for gaming in the ARM based processor in that ARM is more accessible, known and has TONS of developers ready to work on it. Also the Tegra X1 it uses is a known chip that was already on the market, developers understand it more than PowerPC.

2. The Switch figured out what it wanted to be more so than the Wii U which didn't know if it wanted to be fully a console or a sort of portable. The switch managed to be BOTH full console AND portable successfully.

3. Advertisement everyone currently knows what the Switch is. Everyone is talking about it. The Wii U people didn't even know it wasn't an add on for the Wii.

4. The Switch has successfully already acquired BIG AAA third party titles on it targeting mature audiences, something the Wii U failed to do repeatedly.

5. The Switch is apparently super easy to develop for and VERY CHEAP meaning for developers it's an easy port whereas the Wii U was expensive and had a very expensive development kit.

6. Nintendo is ACTIVELY approaching third parties to get them interested in the Switch companies that have not made games for Nintendo for over TWO DECADES are making games on the Switch. Bethesda has not made a game for Nintendo since the early 90s, and iD software hasn't put a Doom game on a Nintendo platform for almost 15 years.

Nintendo is managing to get games like Doom 2016 to run on a portable. It's far from perfect, but there is no denying this is the biggest step in the right direction Nintendo has made pretty much since the SNES, where Nintendo finally decided to go with what others are doing, but ALSO be a trend setter at the same time.

43 minutes ago, Envy said:

I've already seen third parties pulling out from the Switch, like EA. Sure, EA's games are not good. but it's still not a good sign. It's the exact same thing that happened with the Wii U. EA came out promising big things for the Switch, just like the Wii U... And yet here we are now

EA didn't pull support, they never supported it to begin with, they said they were waiting. Where do you get your news from? Even then EA isn't a loss, and no third party has pulled support, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Edited by Celli

9 minutes ago, Celli said:

EA didn't pull support, they never supported it to begin with, they said they were waiting. Where do you get your news from? Even then EA isn't a loss, and no third party has pulled support, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Nintendo's own official Switch presentation is where I got this idea from. Skip to around 49 minutes in. There you have an EA representative coming on stage and making a big deal about the releasing FIFA on the Switch.

You can say "That was just for FIFA". But I don't think it's too off of me to come to the conclusion from them having the EA representative come on stage at this reveal that EA was expecting to support the Switch more.

@Envy I'm sorry but EA is not a very good argument. I'm pretty sure most gamers want them gone from the industry. Also, they never said they were pulling support.

@Celli Okay, clearly you're more knowledgeable on this than I am.

I still can't understand the hype behind the Switch. They're just doing a very poor job of drumming up hype for future games. I just think back to the early days of the 3DS and how they burst out with a bunch of future titles and I just had to have a 3DS no matter what. The 3DS's future was bright. It took a while for good games to be released (but it was still better than the DS, that console had a terrible start), but at least I knew what was coming and that it was worth my while. The Switch's future is just not so. A Metroid fan might want to disagree, but at the end of the day that is one title.

Then there's the online system now becoming paid. As if Nintendo has ever had an online infrastructure worth paying for? Nintendo did not start this paying for online nonsense, but they did decide to join it. Just like I'll never be able to play my PS4 games online because I don't have the money for that, so will be the fate for the Switch if I get gifted one. Pokemon, Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, etc., will be nowhere near as fun anymore.

21 hours ago, Envy said:

I've already seen third parties pulling out from the Switch, like EA. Sure, EA's games are not good. but it's still not a good sign. It's the exact same thing that happened with the Wii U. EA came out promising big things for the Switch, just like the Wii U... And yet here we are now.

As Celli said, EA was never really on board to begin with, they only showed up to say they're making FIFA, and then say how the guy named his son Luigi. But EA support has been shit since the Wii days, not to mention....it's EA, who recently has began reminding us why we hate them. But most 3rd parties have really been pleased with the platform. Ubisoft has really been really happy with how Mario and Rabbids did, and recently announced more unannounced games. Bethesda's games have gotten tons of hype, and this is the first time they've actually had games on a Nintendo platform. Konami was really happy with Bomberman R and, again, has more unannounced games. Capcom just announced that Ace Attorney is gonna continue on the Switch. and they were pleased with how Ultra Street Fighter II sold(shockingly). The Sonic games seem to have done well for Sega. Square and Namco have been really optimistic for the platform. It's not perfect but there's definitely an effort this time to court 3rd parties

• Brohoof 2

21 minutes ago, Retro*Tomoko said:

I went from Nintendo, to Microsoft, to Sony, back to Nintendo. As of current I have a ps4 (parents use it to watch movies, that's it) a switch, and a gaming pc.

Good man, good man.