Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

One good reason Hasbro should continue My Little Pony G4 for a decade

Aosera

• 2 weeks later...

But I still think most of the Mane Six are appearing to abandon ship by now, especially Applejack.

When the next season arrives, I'm expecting Pinkie, Fluttershy, and Starlight to have the most focus in it.

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 2

I dunno how long G4's gonna be around for. I mean I should last till season 10 to wrap up all the loose ends and say what's needed, but after that, might be best to get a new main cast and get G4.5 rolling! I mean how much is there left to do with the Mane Six? Plenty! Like 3 more years worth if we don't get those unneeded episodes. 

For the time being the only characters I see that need more development in certain arcs is Rainbow, Spike (especially), Starlight, and CMCs; and somewhat Fluttershy and Rarity. I don't see that much more for Twilight, Pinkie, and AJ though. Can the writers work on developing characters who actually need it more than others next season?

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, A.V. said:

Honestly, I can't see them ditching G4 anytime soon; it's easily the most-iconic and most-profitable MLP incarnation.

Can see them releasing a movie-style set though, and then re-releasing the current G4 models as "MLP Classic" :D

It is all about shifting the toys, after all :)

On 2017-11-19 at 9:48 AM, Rainbow-The-Brony said:

I personally hope that MLP continues almoast as long as The Simpsons

You want MLP to go the route of The Simpsons later in its series where it's still good enough that fans will continue to watch it, but it will have lost its appeal to potential new audiences?  If MLP can avoid that pitfall, then sure, I'd love for it to keep going for as long as possible, but series rot is a very real possiblity, and once it ends up in fans only territory...well, I'll probably still watch it, for much the same reason as why I still watch The Big Bang Theory.  That's not the same series as it was when I first started watching it, but it's comforting and familiar, and I stopped caring that it probably won't bring in much if any in the way of new fans now unless they come across the older episodes.  

Actually, I think MLP has already started to become that.  It's not so far gone yet that it can be definitively slapped with a fans only label, but it's getting there.  I think that's why so many people are obsessed with the series ending.  It's not that they want it to be over, but they'd rather it end before it becomes The Simpsons.  The Simpsons actually ended up surviving long after it became a fans only series as many people think it started to go downhill after season 6...which was well over half the series ago.  But, it has also run into problems like actors dying...of old age.

As for the whole gen thing, I don't entertain the notion that a new gen of the toys necessarily means a new show.  They're two different things.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...
On 11/19/2017 at 6:48 PM, Sherbie-kun <3 said:

I personally hope that MLP continues almoast as long as The Simpsons

Me too, me too!

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

I think there was more of a case that it went on for too long given how bad it was getting in the last few seasons(especially S6 and 9)

Edited by Soundwave
  • Brohoof 2