Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Royal Guard

Jadefire

(edited)

yeah, that's what i thought, i wouldn't want to have to embarrass the equestrian military.

You wouldn't like that.

In another thread, we have been debating on the pegasi with bat wings. We thought you were a different species and I made the name Maluma for you guys. Do you guys consider yourselves Pegasi?

(I haven't read your thread yet, so at the moment I'm purely using my own headcanon)

Heh, Maluma. Now that's a name I haven't heard in a while.

It depends on who you ask. The Canterlot Geneology Foundation believe they're a sub-race of pegasai, whereas certain ...extreme reactionist groups consider them to be a seperate race altogether. Our government doesn't have an official stance on the matter as of yet.

Where I grew up, we considered ourselves Pegasai through and through. Though other pegasai didn't ...always agree.

Ok, Moonbeam. I must admit those wings look pretty neat. I think I'll have to travel to Pransylvania soon ;)

What are you doing at night, when you don't serve Luna? It must be pretty lonely to be awake when most of the other ponies are asleep

Heh, the forests there are awfully nice this time of year. You might want to be careful, though. We're not a very ...gentle people.

That's putting it mildly.

We're naturally nocturnal, so we're used to being solitary. But it's not too bad, we're up at dusk and sometimes at dawn, so it's not like we're completely separated from the diurnal ponies.

The long nights can get boring as hell 'round these parts, though.

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 3

Heh, the forests there are awfully nice this time of year. You might want to be careful, though. We're not a very ...gentle people.

That's putting it mildly.

We're naturally nocturnal, so we're used to being solitary. But it's not too bad, we're up at dusk and sometimes at dawn, so it's not like we're completely separated from the diurnal ponies.

The long nights can get boring as hell 'round these parts, though.

What do you mean by "not very gentle"? :P

Are you guys vampires or stuff like that?

What do you mean by "not very gentle"? :P

Are you guys vampires or stuff like that?

Why don't you c'mere and I'll show you-

Pransylvania has the second-highest crime rate in the entire country.

....Thanks for the input, Aevum. Aren't I supposed to be asshole here?

I'm just being honest, here.

*sigh* Whatever. Okay so we're not vampires. We're just not known to be the friendliest province out there. But if you like gothic, though, you'd probably love our capital city. Just don't walk through any alleyways alone.

• Brohoof 1

Why don't you c'mere and I'll show you-

....Thanks for the input, Aevum. Aren't I supposed to be asshole here?

I'm just being honest, here.

*sigh* Whatever. Okay so we're not vampires. We're just not known to be the friendliest province out there. But if you like gothic, though, you'd probably love our capital city. Just don't walk through any alleyways alone.

I can take care of myself so I probably will pay that city a visit.

Do you guys have a family or are you too busy with being a guard

?

I gots a question Mr. Aevum.

What is it like to be under the rule of princess Trollestia Molestia Celestia?

Do you feel that she is a good ruler and does a good job or that someone could do better?

You wouldn't like that.

(I haven't read your thread yet, so at the moment I'm purely using my own headcanon)

This may help

http://mlpforums.com/topic/17563-new-pony-speices/

while your at it

http://mlpforums.com/topic/17584-miliary-ponies/

Dare I ask what is the first?

I can take care of myself so I probably will pay that city a visit.

Do you guys have a family or are you too busy with being a guard?

Dark and I are both single at the moment, but a lot of us do have wives and families. We work a lot, but we can still find enough time to raise a family.

I gots a question Mr. Aevum.

What is it like to be under the rule of princess Trollestia Molestia Celestia?

Do you feel that she is a good ruler and does a good job or that someone could do better?

Our highness Princess Celestia is an excellent leader and it is an honor to serve her. I couldn't think of anypony else who'd be more suited to be our ruler.

Except for Princess Luna.

*sigh* Of course you'd say that, Dark.

What? I mean Celestia is spiffy and all, but at least Luna has style. You know?

You only say that because she has an affinity for spikey things.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Dare I ask what is the first?

Uh. You know, I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah...would-

Hmm.

Clompton, maybe?

That sounds about right.

Yeah, totally Clompton.

Most likely the city of Clompton. They've been getting better in recent years, but gang-related violence and crime there is still extreme. I recommend caution if you travel there.

• Brohoof 3

no, you wouldnt,

Aevum, permission to show this rookie what an other worlder can do?

Permission denied.
  • Brohoof 2

Uh. You know, I'm not entirely sure.

Yeah...would-

Hmm.

Clompton, maybe?

That sounds about right.

Yeah, totally Clompton.

Most likely the city of Clompton. They've been getting better in recent years, but gang-related violence and crime there is still extreme. I recommend caution if you travel there.

Like Gotham (interdimensional reference)?

That reminds me, what are the police ponies like? how are they organized?

Like Gotham (interdimensional reference)?

That reminds me, what are the police ponies like? how are they organized?

(More like Compton, was the joke I was trying to make. x3)

I don't know what this Gotham is, but it sounds terrible.

As for police, most towns and cities maintain their own militias and guards according to local customs, as long as they pass certain standards. Each province also has a royally appointed marshal, who has jurisdiction over all of the towns within the provinces' borders.

Also, the Royal Guard's authority overrides local authority wherever they are present.

Too bad, i wasnt going to do anything "extreme" by your standards. However a no is a no, but i must ask, how is it that you enroll in the military here?

We'd prefer it if you don't attack any of the guards.

As for enlistment, it's fairly simple. You can sign up at any recruitment station, and if accepted and pass the screening, you'll be instructed to attend a more vigorous screening process at a training center. If chosen, you'll then be accepted into basic training, and everything goes from there.

(translation: I have no idea how military enlistment works. x3)

• Brohoof 1

Why did you guys decide to make this your job? What's your motivation? :)

All of us have different stories for enlisting in our illustrious organization. I, for one, come from a long family of Royal Guardsponies. For a long time, my family's served our ruler loyalty, and I uphold the honor in my family's blood by doing the same. To do any less is an insult to our good name.

In other words, he didn't want to disappoint his daddy.

Oh shut up.

*laughs*

...well?

'Well' what?

Aren't you going to tell them why you became a guard?

Why I became a guard? Heh, for the same reason as anypony else here: money, power, and bitches.

*raises eyebrow* That's it, huh? So that story you told me before about 'wanting to make something of yourself for once' instead of being... oh what words did you use to describe it again?

...'just another dirty bat-pegasus orphan'...

Yeah, that. So that wasn't true, was it?

...Nope. I'm just in it for the bitches.

*chuckles* Of course you are.

• Brohoof 2

Have you guys met anypony of the elements of harmony? If yes, how do you like them?

I knew Twilight Sparkle before she moved to Ponyville. She's a good pony, real bright, but was always a bit too naive. Another guard said he once kept getting pestered by Rainbow Dash while on duty before. I met the other Elements at formal occasions, but never exchanged pleasantries.

I ran into Pinkie Pie when I was Ponyville on leave. Took me an hour to clean the cake batter out of my mane...

• Brohoof 2

I knew Twilight Sparkle before she moved to Ponyville. She's a good pony, real bright, but was always a bit too naive. Another guard said he once kept getting pestered by Rainbow Dash while on duty before. I met the other Elements at formal occasions, but never exchanged pleasantries.

I ran into Pinkie Pie when I was Ponyville on leave. Took me an hour to clean the cake batter out of my mane...

So I guess you didn't Smile,Smile,Smile Dark Moonbeam ^_^

Are you two kinda best friends?

(edited)

So I guess you didn't Smile,Smile,Smile Dark Moonbeam ^_^

Are you two kinda best friends?

Despite my best efforts, apparently we are.

*smirks* Oh come on, Aevum, you know you love my company.

Whatever helps you sleep at night. Err, day.

*feigning hurt* Ouch, that's harsh, bro. *chuckles*

Edited by Jadefire
  • Brohoof 2

What do you think of Shining Armor?

Shining Armor's a total fa-

*glares*

I was gonna say "fratboy" this time, I swear.

Uh huh.

No, I'm serious. He plays a mean game of hoofball, and he always buys all drinks at the parties. For a unicorn, he's alright.

*chuckles* I didn't think I'd ever see you compliment a non-pegasus. Anyway, *to Wildcard* Shining Armor is an excellent commander and frankly, one of the most magically powerful unicorns I've ever seen. We're all proud to serve under him.

• Brohoof 2

Shining Armor's a total fa-

*glares*

I was gonna say "fratboy" this time, I swear.

Uh huh.

No, I'm serious. He plays a mean game of hoofball, and he always buys all drinks at the parties. For a unicorn, he's alright.

*chuckles* I didn't think I'd ever see you compliment a non-pegasus. Anyway, *to Wildcard* Shining Armor is an excellent commander and frankly, one of the most magically powerful unicorns I've ever seen. We're all proud to serve under him.

How old are you? Dark seems to be kind of a hothead ^_^

How old are you? Dark seems to be kind of a hothead ^_^

You might say hothead. I say ...uh ... uhh...."zesty."

That's all you can come up with?

Oh, shut up you. I'm a lot zestier than you are.

Uh......sure. Anyway, to answer your question, I'm 28 and Dark here is 27.

• Brohoof 2

Okay, I've been meaning to ask this for some time now. When Spike was destroying Ponyville as a fully grown dragon, what were you all doing?