Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pharynx Personality Traits (Before vs After Transformation)

Valeska

How would you describe Pharynx's personality in his original changeling form vs his new reformed personality? We mainly only see his former personality, but what do you think changed or stayed the same, personality wise, after his acceptance of love and friendship?

Edited by Valeska

Evil changeling form? Doubt that. They needed love to survive and didn't know of any other way. So they did what they had to do, drain it. In a place where its all fun and games, you need someone to defend and do that sorta thing, hes the guy. 

I think his 'reformed' self is just the same as his original, but more dwindled down and calmed down.

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

Someone I talked to compared Pharynx to Rainbow Dash in the sense that both of them like to appear tough and confident, which they use to hide their caring nature. Would you agree to that idea?

I figured that Pharynx's normal self is the one we're showed at the end. He's still direct and kind of sarcastic but not aggressive as he was at the beginning.

I think that when things changed for the hive, Pharynx started to feel that his efforts to defend it were not only being unappreciated, but blatantly dismissed and pointed out as something wrong. At this point he knows that the hive still needs protection and tried to gather the changelings that thought like him, but when Thorax's assertiveness changes the rest of their mindset Pharynx is left alone with a task that he knows to be crucial. I think this is the point in which Pharynx started to be aggressive and kind of a moron to the other changelings.

• Brohoof 3

@DonMaguz I couldn't agree more. I ultimately believe Pharynx's steadfastness to protect the hive made him remain in his first form to better protect his family. Only when he deemed the hive safe and the other changelings saw the need for stronger security, did he allow himself to accept the love and friendship offered by others. 

I'm curious; if you had to give Pharynx a title, what would you give him?

• Brohoof 1

Prince. I believe when he is shown again his title will be prince if his brother is the king, or they will be CoKings.

I feel he hasnt changed personalities since transforming, as he's always loved the hive he said

Edited by Lektra Bolt
  • Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, Valeska said:

@DonMaguz I couldn't agree more. I ultimately believe Pharynx's steadfastness to protect the hive made him remain in his first form to better protect his family. Only when he deemed the hive safe and the other changelings saw the need for stronger security, did he allow himself to accept the love and friendship offered by others. 

I'm curious; if you had to give Pharynx a title, what would you give him?

Protector Pharynx has a nice ring to it!

And yes, everything you said, I agreed with!

I dunno. It wasn't so much love and friendship that changed him. More like acceptance that his hive is changing and he needs to change with it in order to do his job properly.  Trust and faith in others also plays a part, as a good protector should recognize who is a friend and who is a threat, rather than being an out right antagonist to all. That's what lead him to being a failure at his job.

Other than that, not much changed. Really it was how much of a tough guy exterior and playfully antagonistic big brother he would end up being that changed. 

• Brohoof 2

He would be the same, he just need someone to understand where he's coming from. He was only mad because suddenly,  everyone was acting like a bunch of arrogant spineless 'hippies'. Although I hope he doesn't become a major kiss-up to thorax or overly protective..like Discord with fluttershy...it's buckin annoying.

• Brohoof 1