Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could you stay in Equestria without toilet paper?

KillerKingBakudan

Horses have no biological need for it in real life, so it's more than likely that Equestrian ponies wouldn't need it either. As such, none of their bathrooms will have any rolls available to you as human residents are not common.

You can stay and try looking for other, more inconvenient ways to clean yourself out, or return to Earth where the job is faster and efficient. It's a one-way trip if you choose the latter. Once you've landed back in your own world, there's no going back.

• Brohoof 1

This wins most unusual topic I've ever replied to! 

Newspaper if I want to be all colonial ... sponge on a stick if I want to wear a toga. Three seashells if I like Taco Bell. 

There. 

4 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Toilet paper is canon in MLP.

640?cb=20151029215309

Image from Scare Master.

Damn it! I should have read this first. Now I'm legally bound to use newspaper!!!

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

640?cb=20151029215309

Image from Scare Master.

I'm not sure that counts. Is that really meant to be toilet paper, or are those just paper towels? Given the anatomy of their rear ends, I can't see ponies ever needing to wipe themselves with it. And if it's as thick as a roll of Bounty, it can still clog all the toilets.

1 hour ago, KillerKingBakudan said:

I'm not sure that counts. Is that really meant to be toilet paper, or are those just paper towels? Given the anatomy of their rear ends, I can't see ponies ever needing to wipe themselves with it. And if it's as thick as a roll of Bounty, it can still clog all the toilets.

Pretty sure it’s supposed to be toilet paper. Scare Master takes place on Nightmare Night, the pony proxy of Halloween. And Halloween is infamous as the night to pull pranks like tossing toilet paper in people’s trees.

But I have used paper towels in a pinch before, just throw them in the trash. I’ve also used tissues, which is absolutely able to be flushed.

Edited by ShadOBabe

26 minutes ago, Jeric said:

Three seashells if I like Taco Bell. 

Sir, I salute you.  People like you make me chucklesnort.

Y'know... all this talk of toilet paper, going back and forth and such... and I'm all over here, like:

"Really?  Toilet paper?  Folks are debating leaving friggin' Equestria over TOILET PAPER?  Sheesh, y'all... what d'you think folks did BEFORE toilet paper?  They used their thumbs, washed the crap off, then shook with the other hand.  Poop on my thumb, yeah - but that thumb resides on my hand, connected to my body, which gets to live in MARETHERFORKIN' EQUESTRIA!"

*headshake*  ... toilet paper...  *incredulous giggling*

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

Y'know... all this talk of toilet paper, going back and forth and such... and I'm all over here, like:

"Really?  Toilet paper?  Folks are debating leaving friggin' Equestria over TOILET PAPER?  Sheesh, y'all... what d'you think folks did BEFORE toilet paper?  They used their thumbs, washed the crap off, then shook with the other hand.  Poop on my thumb, yeah - but that thumb resides on my hand, connected to my body, which gets to live in MARETHERFORKIN' EQUESTRIA!"

*headshake*  ... toilet paper...  *incredulous giggling*

Some people are germaphobes, Randi. :twi:

• Brohoof 2

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Some people are germaphobes, Randi.

The thread title speaks of a lack of TOILET PAPER... it says nothing about gloves being unavailable, too.  :orly:

• Brohoof 2

4 minutes ago, Randimaxis said:

The thread title speaks of a lack of TOILET PAPER... it says nothing about gloves being unavailable, too.  :orly:

This is true! But if we’re talking about the OP’s idea of and Equestria that has a hard time accommodating a human, I imagine five fingered gloves would be even more unlikely than TP.

• Brohoof 1

When I am in Equestria there is no need for that ?!

If you have a magical horn, or are pink, yellow or have wings... Why worry about that ?

They simply don´t do such things, have you ever seen horse shit or dung-heaps somewhere in Equestria ?

Very funny topic, happy to follow this one ;)

5 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

But if we’re talking about the OP’s idea of and Equestria that has a hard time accommodating a human, I imagine five fingered gloves would be even more unlikely than TP.

Well... what about a washrag?  Plastic wrap?  (As previously mentioned) a newspaper?  Blueblood's tail?  A large towel?  Butt floss?  Maybe have a special, small fountain commissioned, then use it as a bidet?  River water?  

... but as to the purpose of the whole thing, I'd say I could doo- I MEAN, DO without paper for my butt.  I'd MISS it, yeah... but if it meant I get to live in Equestria, no problem for me.

• Brohoof 3

6 minutes ago, TempestShadow said:

have you ever seen horse shit or dung-heaps somewhere in Equestria

Toilets are canon in Equestria.

Pretty sure the toilet flush isn’t just because they find it relaxing.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Toilets are canon in Equestria.

Pretty sure the toilet flush isn’t just because they find it relaxing.

Thank´s a lot for enlighten me, I really has not seen this before :D

So then they do have treatment plant too ? ..... and dung-heaps ... they don´t show us all.

3 minutes ago, TempestShadow said:

Thank´s a lot for enlighten me, I really has not seen this before :D

You haven’t? OMG, you have to watch that episode.

It’s The Last Roundup. It’s full of Pinkie Pie gold. XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

I am sure they have plenty of others options. Cleaning wipes and what have you. I would simply tell them that I need...special accommodations. This entire concept would probably be foreign for them, so explaining it wouldn't be easy. It would be a lot of word jumping.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

There’s more to life than mere wiping materials! In a pinch, one can improvise. I mean, even humans managed to survive and even thrive for centuries before TP made it into mainstream use. So, that being considered I’d stay in Equestria even if it meant growing my own little garden of these guys:

Great Mullein – Truelove Seeds

Mullein plants (aka cowboy toilet paper) are very soft and grow in almost any conditions. Pretty sure they’re septic-safe too!

• Brohoof 1

On 11/10/2017 at 1:54 AM, ShadOBabe said:

640?cb=20151029215309

Image from Scare Master.

Well there you go. Anyway no animal has a biological need for toilet paper but it makes life much more pleasant so I'm sure ponies use it too.

If there was something simple like that that you needed in Equestria I'm sure you could get ponies to make it for you with magic or manually. They probably couldn't make you an internet easily but whatever.

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 2